Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Map Pack 3.6 Beta

Default Map Pack 3.6 Beta

It's updated to the Delta 226 running on Blight server. As these deltas haven't been patched to the live servers yet I thought why not doing some kind of beta.

Download Map Pack 3.6 Beta

Especially I'd pleased some dragons to have a look at all the changed, moved and new dragon related things. As I don't play a dragon I'm sure there might be a couple of things that I missed. I'd love to be a flying gnome, would have made this a lot easier :-)

Please comment any suggestions to the forum or send me a PM if you wish to get my email adress.

Thanks to all former editors: Cegaiel, Katscratch, Cobal, Pekka and all former helpers and contributors!

Misc changes
    - [added] papyrus tier 1-6 icon
    - [added] chest icon
    - [added] new section: plot and lairs, showing all plots and lairs with sizes
    - [update] Dalimond graphics
    - [added] Rift - map by Pharaxes, thanks! :-)
    - [added] Dralnok's Doom - map by Pharaxes, thanks! :-)
    - [added] Isle of Battle - map by Pharaxes, thanks! :-)
    - [moved] named monsters from "NPCs" to "Monsters"
    - [moved] "communities" to "player cities and communities"
    - [added] map indicators that show the direction of moving
    - [added] four map indicators, two dragon ones from the original game, and two neutral ones
    - [misc] all map markers got sorted after x / y positions for speed optimization, thanks to Garfonso for his neat little map marker sorting programm :-)

Over 400 markers updated:
    - [marker update] Acul
    - [marker update] Attios' Stand
    - [marker update] Dalimond Peninsula
    - [marker update] Eastern Outpost
    - [marker update] Eastern Deadlands
    - [marker update] Fabric Isle
    - [marker update] Genevia
    - [marker update] Isle of the Drowned
    - [marker update] Lesser Aradoth
    - [marker update] Falathien
    - [marker update] new pads and porters added
    - [marker update] here and there around Istaria... As I've visited every community and settlement I've done loads of fixes, updates and deleted unnecessary markers, too much to name them all.

TODO
    - optimize the graphics of the Rift, Dralnok's Doom and Isle of Battle to speed up loading times
    - some kind of deinstaller for the old map pack
    - version with installer
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Default Re: Map Pack 3.6 Beta

Installation Instructions (English)

This are the installing instructions for the .zip Version of the Map Pack. The final version will come with an installer.

If there is no Map Pack installed, start at point 2!

1. Old Map Pack installations have to be removed. The Map Pack 3.6 uses a better way to integrate into Istaria, some changes had to be done for the installation therefore. The old Map Pack ist usually installed in the following folder:

...\Istaria\resources_override\interface\maps
    ...\Istaria\resources_override\interface\themes
    After backup remove these folders.

Edit file (right mouse button) ...\Istaria\resources\interface\themes\default\def s\UIMapWindow.def -> Uncheck the write protection

2. Unzip and copy the "resources" folder to ...\Istaria\resources_override, it should look like this:
    ...\Istaria\resources_override\resources\interface \maps\...
    ...\Istaria\resources_override\resources\interface \themes\...

3. Edit the file ...\Istaria\prefs\ClientPrefs_Common.def, search for the line string mapPath = "..." entry (copy & paste)

string mapPath = "resources_override/resources/interface/maps"

4. Edit the file ...\Istaria\resources\ResourceMeta.def and add the following lines (copy & paste)

ForceScanDir
    {
    string Dir = "resources_override\resources\interface\maps\"
    }

ForceScanDir
    {
    string Dir = "resources_override\resources\interface\themes \"
    }

5. Enable write protection (right mouse button) for the following files, so they can't be overwritten by Istaria updates:
    ...\Istaria\resources\ResourceMeta.def
    ...\Istaria\prefs\ClientPrefs_Common.def

6. If you want to change the standard map indicator use the windows explorer and open the folder:

...\Istaria\resources_override\resources\interface \themes\default\textures

Rename the file
    map_indicator_direction.png
    to
    map_indicator_direction4.png

And one of the files
    map_indicator_direction1-3.png
    to

Standard map indicator from the Map Pack is a white dot with cycle and arrow
    map_indicator_direction1.png is a green dragon with arrow
    map_indicator_direction2.png is a violet dragon
    map_indicator_direction3.png is a white dot with arrow

Start Istaria and enjoy the Map Pack 3.6

Known issues:

- Sometimes Istaria doesn't load the Map Pack correctly:
    * close and reopen the map sometimes solves the problem
    * Type /loadui into the chat windows (reloads the interface) sometimes solves the problem
    * Sometimes only a restart of the client solves the the problem

-------------------------------------

Installations Anleitung (Deutsch)

Dies ist die Anleitung für die .zip Version vom Map Pack. Die finale Version wird mit einem Installer kommen.

Wenn noch kein Map Pack installiert ist mit Punkt 2 beginnen!

1. Falls bereits ein Map Pack installiert ist muss diese Installation entfernt werden. Die Installation von Map Pack 3.6 integriert sich besser in Istaria, daher ändert sich die Installation etwas. Das alte Map Pack ist in den folgenden Verzeichnissen installiert:
    ...\Istaria\resources_override\interface\maps
    ...\Istaria\resources_override\interface\themes
    Diese Verzeichnisse nach erfolgter Sicherung entfernen.

Datei (rechte Maustaste) ...\Istaria\resources\interface\themes\default\def s\UIMapWindow.def -> Schreibschutz deaktivieren

2. Unzip / kopieren "resources" Verzeichnis nach ...\Istaria\resources_override kopieren, so sollte es aussehen:
    ...\Istaria\resources_override\resources\interface \maps\...
    ...\Istaria\resources_override\resources\interface \themes\...

3. Die Datei ...\Istaria\prefs\ClientPrefs_Common.def editieren, die Zeile string mapPath = "..." suchen (copy & paste)

4. Die Datei ...\Istaria\resources\ResourceMeta.def und die folgenden Zeilen hinzufügen (copy & paste)

ForceScanDir
    {
    string Dir = "resources_override\resources\interface\maps\"
    }

ForceScanDir
    {
    string Dir = "resources_override\resources\interface\themes \"
    }

5. Bei den folgenden Dateien den Schreibschutz aktivieren damit diese nicht von Istaria Updates überschrieben werden:
    ...\Istaria\resources\ResourceMeta.def
    ...\Istaria\prefs\ClientPrefs_Common.def

6. Wenn das Standard Kartenindikator vom Map Pack geändert werden soll mit dem Windows Explorer das Verzeichnis öffnen:

...\Istaria\resources_override\resources\interface \themes\default\textures

Die Datei umbennen von
    in
    map_indicator_direction4.png

Und eine der Dateien umbennen
    map_indicator_direction1-3.png
    in

Der Standard Kartenindikator ist ein weißer Punkt mit Kreis und Richtungspfeil
    map_indicator_direction1.png ist ein grüner Drache mit Richtungspfeil
    map_indicator_direction2.png ist ein violetter Drache
    map_indicator_direction3.png ist ein weißer Punkt mit Richtungspfeil

Istaria starten und das neue Map Pack 3.6 genießen.

Bekannte Probleme:

- Manchmal kommt es vor das das Map Pack nicht korrekt geladen wird
    * Karte schließen und öffnen hilft manchmal
    * /loadui in die Chatzeile tippen (lädt das Interface neu) hilft manchmal
    * manchmal hilft nur ein Neustart von Istaria
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Attention!

I can't edit my post anymore, the forum added some spaces to the lines that needs to be copy&paste! Please copy it from here or out of .txt file comming with the .zip package or the Map Pack may not work!

3. Edit the file ...\Istaria\prefs\ClientPrefs_Common.def, search for the line string mapPath = "..." entry (copy & paste)

Code:
    4. Edit the file ...\Istaria\resources\ResourceMeta.def and add the following lines (copy & paste)

Code:
    ForceScanDir
    {
    	string	Dir = "resources_override\resources\interface\maps\"
    }

ForceScanDir
    {
    	string	Dir = "resources_override\resources\interface\themes\"
    }

Quote Originally Posted by Terao View Post
    - optimize the graphics of the Rift, Dralnok's Doom and Isle of Battle to speed up loading times
    as they're the maps I've made, I just want to say that the png-files are loslessly compressed. I took the PNG files from the game itself, then used pngout and pngcrush to reduce the size.
    So you surely can make a jpg out of the files, with the small disadvantage that the quality might be some worse

I already reduced the pixel size of your maps, but I want use tiles, these loads faster (and with a higher possible quality).

Terao, please, can you tell me, is it overwrite maps for all characters?
    or it is posible to set for one only?
    and what happens with all marks, I've make on map without your pack?

The map is always for all your accounts. The markers you have placed yourself won't be touched, these are saved in a seperate place:

...Istaria\Prefs\servername_charactername\UIMapMar kers.def

example: C:Istaria\Prefs\order_Krinharth\UIMapMarkers.def

If you want to try it out copy your whole "istaria" folder to a folder "istaria2" and install the map pack to the "istaria2" folder as described above. I've three installations on one computer (two for order, one for blight) - and I've installed it only once and copied the other two from there, works fine for me.

thanx Terao

just a small note.

I think you want to reduce file size of the maps for loading times. Well when I open the map of istaria, it takes 2-3 secs for me to load and moreoften everything else freezes this time it was this way with all map packs i've had so far

Istaria main map always takes little time to open, it's thousands of markers floating around. Loading time of the map is also heavily influenced by the speed of processor and hard disc, on my desktop computer it opens within a wink, on my slower notebook it may take 1-2 seconds.

As Terao pointed out, it's the markers, not the map itself that increases the load times. When I'm not crafting, I turn off all crafting related markers, so that when I open the map, it doesn't need to load those markers, so it will open quicker Might help you too.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

I think the release version of 3.6 will be ready in august, right after my holidays. There are still a lot of little things to update. Done so far (not included in 3.6 Beta):

- [marker update] Eastern Deadland (Cenos, Palmyran)
    - [marker update] Lesser Aradoth (Resources: Ginger, small things here and there)
    - [marker update] Harro (Resources: Ruby, Thornwood, Radiant Wisp and small fixes)
    - [marker update] Tazoon and New Trismus (Scholars of the Ages moved...)
    - [marker update] 1.-5. clue for the Burning Archer quest
    - [added] Blight Anchor icon
    - [marker update] Blight Anchor positions (thanks a lot Mensar for help!)
    - [deleted] unnecessary (really really old) markers like: "flat" and such comments
    - little fixes and updates here and there around Istaria

hey Terao

I looked at the map parts used in the map pack and ran jpegtran, pngout and pngcrush over them. All in all it looked this in the end:
    15.890.585 Bytes before
    14.360.405 Bytes after

The (losless) shrinking shouldn't affect the game loading the files. If you like to test this as well, I've prepared the map parts here.

If you decompress it into the Horizons folder it'll replace the map parts in the resources_override folder. Hope you'll find this useful.

Currently I'm trying to take my maps from the New Xy Islands to be able to use them separately for a map pack.

Smaller files with same quality is always neat. I'll try them and add them to the map pack, thanks for your effort

Windows 7 says this is an invalid zip file.
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

It's working for me, downloaded it and tried with IZARC and Windows 7.

Under the above link I've uploaded the actual version Map Pack 3.6 (Beta 2). As I'm on holidays the next two weeks there won't happen something.

Thanks to: Chani_unity and Mercurion for their massive help on building my plots! Resulting in more time I could spent on the Map Pack :-)

If you have already installed the Map Pack 3.6 (Beta) copy the resources folder into your ...\Istaria\resources_override and overwrite the old files and folders.

Changes from Beta to Beta 2:

- [marker update] Isle of Ice completly redone: resources, critters, named
    - [marker update] New Trismus: named critters added
    - [marker update] Nahguk Territory: Nah'guk Gatherer, Nah'guk Warrior, named
    - [marker update] Trandalar, Valley of Repose: Volcano: resources, critters, named (Obsidian)
    - [marker update] Eastern Deadland: Cenos, Palmyran
    - [marker update] Lesser Aradoth: resources: Ginger, small things here and there fixed
    - [marker update] Harro: Resources: Ruby, Thornwood, Radiant Wisp and small fixes
    - [marker update] Tazoon and New Trismus: Scholars of the Ages
    - [marker update] 1.-5. Clue for the Burning Archer quest
    - [deleted] unnecessary (really really old) markers like: "flat" and such comments
    - [fix] Tanning Rack icons
    - [fix] Chiconis NPCs
    - [fix] icon sizes: Mahagra, Sslanis, Tazoon
    - [added] compressed maps (lossless) for smaller file size, thank you Pharaxes!
    Last edited by Terao; July 15th, 2012 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Terao View Post
    It's working for me, downloaded it and tried with IZARC and Windows 7.

Under the above link I've uploaded the actual version Map Pack 3.6 (Beta 2). As I'm on holidays the next two weeks there won't happen something.

Thanks to: Chani_unity and Mercurion for their massive help on building my plots! Resulting in more time I could spent on the Map Pack :-)

If you have already installed the Map Pack 3.6 (Beta) copy the resources folder into your ...\Istaria\resources_override and overwrite the old files and folders.

Changes from Beta to Beta 2:

- [marker update] Isle of Ice completly redone: resources, critters, named
    - [marker update] New Trismus: named critters added
    - [marker update] Nahguk Territory: Nah'guk Gatherer, Nah'guk Warrior, named
    - [marker update] Trandalar, Valley of Repose: Volcano: resources, critters, named (Obsidian)
    - [marker update] Eastern Deadland: Cenos, Palmyran
    - [marker update] Lesser Aradoth: resources: Ginger, small things here and there fixed
    - [marker update] Harro: Resources: Ruby, Thornwood, Radiant Wisp and small fixes
    - [marker update] Tazoon and New Trismus: Scholars of the Ages
    - [marker update] 1.-5. Clue for the Burning Archer quest
    - [fix] Tanning Rack icons
    - [fix] Chiconis NPCs
    - [fix] icon sizes: Mahagra, Sslanis, Tazoon
    - [added] compressed maps (lossless) for smaller file size, thank you Pharaxes!
    Download works fine now. Might have been a server issue as the file was only downloading like 10Kb.

Thanks!
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

The link (which points to 'http://www.markaine.de/Map_Pack_36B.zip') takes me to a 404 'server not found' page. Any chance to get this file from another server?

The link is working again, sorry something got messed up.

Got it now. thanks for all your hard work!

Thread Information