Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Map Pack 3.6 Beta

Default Re: Map Pack 3.6 Beta

Just a short question: is the Istaria general map in higher resolution than the official one (from Pharaxes' work or else)?
    The official one may not impact too much client performances but it makes my eyes bleed.... that's why I still use the old outdated maps from a previous Map Pack (maybe even from Cobal's version) to zoom in without having mashed pixels.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

It's the map from the original game, altered by Pharaxes for smaller file size. The old high res version is outdated that much that I don't want to contribute it anymore.

I've been playing around with the large map Pharaxes made, but it doesn't look the way I like. It shows no water, rivers and the mountains look flat. I've tried around but it's beyond my graphic skills to generate a nice looking map. I've found a solution to color the water but no solution for the mountains and landscape to look nice colored as we are used to have now.

If you want to use the old high res files with the actual Map Pack you need to copy the folder
    ..\istaria\terrain

the file
    ..\istaria\map_istaria_terrain.def

and use an editor to copy the top lines of the file
    ..\istaria\map.def

It contains other values, this is just an example!

Code:
    UI_MAP
    {
            string Name = "Istaria"
            float WorldGlobalLeft = 13500
            float WorldGlobalTop = 41000
            float WorldGlobalRight = 31500
            float WorldGlobalBottom = 13000
            float MaxZoom = 6
            float MinZoom = 0.125
            float MetersToPixels = 7.8125
    That should be all if you want to use the old graphics with the new Map Pack.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Thanks for your answer.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Quote Originally Posted by Terao View Post
    I've been playing around with the large map Pharaxes made, but it doesn't look the way I like. It shows no water, rivers and the mountains look flat.
    This is also all I'm able to do with a graphics programm. Everything where was water before is transparent. But with the mountains... Unfortunately I'm not good at this either.

And then there was the revamp as well. Don't even know if the big map is still accurate :-/

Edit: and this happens, when you let a noob try to make mountains *smirks*
    Last edited by Pharaxes; August 26th, 2012 at 03:04 PM.

hmmm I'm not good at it. Aubadrine as its from my maps and some colored

meh wrong link.. some colored!

Thread Information