Thread: Getting property holder access through "offers" (Matomy)

Default Getting property holder access through "offers" (Matomy)

I have been trying for a while to get these to work - I'll download programs I don't want, try surveys that ALWAYS ask me for my personal info, and after 20+ serious attempts at completing an offer, I have exactly THREE "Dollar".

And also a HUGE amount of spam in my inbox and my computer is clogged up with all these stupid programs that didn't even give me the credit they promised when I installed them. So I have 3/15 "Dollar".

...I'm kind of shocked that Istaria would even promote or affiliate with these people - obviously scammers and spammers. And with all the spam I've got in my inbox and all these programs I've got on my computer I think I've kind of earned a sub. But most of those offers refused to say "offer completed", even though I did.

You know, Istaria, I'm sorry, but this is a bad move on your part. I'm disappointed.

Default Re: Getting property holder access through "offers" (Matomy)

...Also if someone could tell me a good way to get all these extra programs borking up my computer uninstalled, I'd really appreciate it.

Update -

To start with - I have sunk no less than 4 hours into these offers. I have 5 pages of attempted offers on Matomy. About 30 attempted offers PER PAGE.

Look at the attached image - I have in this time received 18 spam messages. ALSO, in the attached image, I HAVE COMPLETED 19 DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL OFFERS. Still, for no reason at all, only NINE have been accepted by Matomy. Nineteen needless programs I didn't even want to install. I installed them, just like the offer said was the only requirement for receiving credit. And yet only 9 were accepted out of the 19.

That is 11 credits I absolutely deserve to have as I downloaded and installed them just like the offer said. Ugh. In the attached image I even (via red line) connected some of the installed programs to their offers on Matomy, just to show that yes, all nineteen of these useless things were downloaded, and installed, successfully, and yet this website has not awarded credit.

I'm completely FURIOUS that I've wasted four hours trying, and trying to get these to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Iunasolf View Post
    ...I'm kind of shocked that Istaria would even promote or affiliate with these people - obviously scammers and spammers.
    I think they only set it up because some of the folks wanting to play asked for it as an option. I've never tried it and from your description I'm mighty glad that I did not. Thank you for letting us know about your sufferage!

It depends which server board I think is which.

The "matomy" program thingy they use is also very lowly rated on many websites. I'm rather disappointed with it, and haven't touched it since.

I think the devs should award these credits to Iunasolf as well. I also have to wonder if these dollars are even given to the developers/Vitrium in a whole. I doubt what the players do are given to them... wouldn't put it past Matomy.

I would recommend contacting support about the lost credits. Also these offers that have you download a program have me worried. I'd do a virus scan or 3 if I were you.

You are not the first to post about these kinds of problems with this program, having to give out your email so you are spammed is bad enough, but having to give out personal info and download programs? That's.. thats just way to dangerous IMHO

Vitrium needs to get rid of this program ASAP, before someone endsup the victim of id theft or loosing their comp to a virus or something.

Matomy is not an option for everyone, but for those players with cash flow troubles or looking for a way to subsidize their play experience, it is an available solution. We don't actively promote Matomy as an option because it's not an experience that everyone would be willing to - as outlined in this thread - deal with. However, there are players who complete their $15 worth of offers and submit a support ticket requesting another month be added to their account. For them, dealing with the offers, marketing emails, and navigating the promotions is a cash free way to play Istaria. We know this isn't something for everyone.

Matomy is a business that needs to operate lawfully. The United States, as well as other countries, have specific laws designed to protect you online. If there's a problem with offers installing software not specifically described in the Terms and Conditions, then you should let Matomy know. You may also want to consider filing a complain with your local government authority, such as the FTC if you reside within the United Status. Please be aware that almost all those offers have as part of their Terms and Conditions a clause stating that your email will be used for marketing purposes, unless you specifically ask to be removed from their marketing list.

Matomy provides a way to play Istaria without cash, but, like most things, it's not free.

I submitted a ticket and was helped with the problems I was experiencing with Matomy.

I can see why having this option is necessary in some ways, and I appreciate the effort Istaria makes in giving us this option (since a lot of other MMORPGs don't have anything like this) - my main complaint is in Matomy itself. I wish there was a more reliable website people could go to, but I suppose in comparison to other survey sites this is probably the lesser of evils.

You could try to get around this issues with installing unwanted programs and stuff by using a form of virtualization. Windows XP Mode, if you qualify for it, is really nice since you dont need an extra windows license, else maybe some of the free virtualization software out there - VMWare player comes to mind.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Thread Information