Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Freezing and freezing and freezing

Default Re: Freezing and freezing and freezing

and again. I only zoomed out, suddenly it froze completely.
    I had cleared my cache yesterday, also had a full scan done

This is a widespread problem. Like you said Amon we all have different set-ups, hardware, etc, etc.....so how does that lead to the statement that it isn't the game. Wouldn't the only common denominator be the most likely? The Game?

I am at the point of almost giving up despite my near constant 7 year dedication to the game. My computer is running fine. Other MMOs are running fine on it.

I have crashed more times than I can count past three days, at least 15 and a half dozen freezes. I have run scans, I have cleared cache, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I have also installed it on my laptop and have had the exact same troubles.

I know lots of others that are having the same problems that never come near this forum. This thread is just the tip of the iceberg of pissed off customers... not gamers, customers.

Out of curiosity, if you're having trouble with freezing (let's focus on that, since CTD is a different issue), how many CPU cores does your machine have? Note that a single CPU may have multiple cores (which is pretty common these days).

If you don't know your core count, just reply back with the CPU model reported in the computer properties.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

I have an Intel Core2Duo E8500. so there are 2 cores

I get a CTD if I play after bringin the computer out of sleep mode...very rarely if I play from a boot up/reboot. Just thought I'd add my observations.
    A dark shadow in the night skies...

It depends which server board I think is which.

My computer is single core and I often crash/freeze.

Quote Originally Posted by Teto Frum View Post
    This is a widespread problem. Like you said Amon we all have different set-ups, hardware, etc, etc.....so how does that lead to the statement that it isn't the game. Wouldn't the only common denominator be the most likely? The Game?
    I never said it wasn't the game, I said that people should open a support ticket and work with support to figure it out for your particular hardware configuration. It may be something as simple as a graphics setting.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I too had reported here on the forums the constant freezing while playing the human while zooming the view out to the max.
    It was happening constantly on my previous laptop (Asus G53jw, Nvidia GTX460m, i5-460m, W7x64 home premium).
    It was ok while playing the dragon, but while playing the human it froze instantly past a certain zoom level.
    The game simply froze ("program not responding"), no error messages, and had to be closed forcefully (Alt-F4 or killing the process in task manager).

Weird enough - it doesn't happen anymore on the new laptop (Dell 17R SE 7720, Nvidia GT650m, i5-3210m, W7x64 home premium)

So yes, I'd say open a ticket - maybe a solution will be found for the rest that have the same issue.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

I'll file a ticket when I get back end of the week. Can't be bothered today and I'm leaving town tomorrow for few days. What all info should I include, just my system data you asked for here? Or anything else? Too speed up how quick you get the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Northwind View Post
    Weird enough - it doesn't happen anymore on the new laptop (Dell 17R SE 7720, Nvidia GT650m, i5-3210m, W7x64 home premium)
    I jinxed it.

It just frozen.
    So to conclude, even with my new laptop, the human still freezes with the camera zoomed out completely and moving around.
    With the previous laptop, it used to froze while i was zooming out. Now it is a bit more resilient, but it still freezes soon after zooming out
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

I never had the loading screen disabled and I get that total game freeze too.
    3 times in like 10 mins yesterday after downloading the new launcher.
    Was not tporing this time (which is when I get the CTD, prior to update - didn't play long enough to see if it still happens), was just walking to field then as I started gathering Kenaf in Chiconis. I did not log back in.

But I will try clear cache and do a full scan and see if that solves it. Last time that was happening a lot, after last launcher update, it did help.

I had a thought as I freeze and CDT several times every time I get into the game.

I was thinking could it possibly be a mod or a combination of mods that is causing these issues? How many here that are having these issues have multi cores? How many of us are using one or more mods?

I think I will pull mine out and see if that is the culprit, even though they are not openly discouraged they also are not supported.

I will let you know how that goes.

nah, in my case it is strictly human/biped related. The dragon running basically from the same package doesn't freeze at all (bar the really rare and random portal crash).

Would it help the devs to use ProcDump to make a memory dump when the window hangs?

I made one with -mp (718MB), one with -ma (769MB) and one without any of the two options (2,63MB) from the moment I ported to Genevia.

I always get that "Istaria.exe has stop working" error, and I have to Ctrl/Alt/delete/end task to unfreeze it, also still get graphics glitches in both sandstone fields in Nuthala, and sandstone bluffs on Genevia. it`s not my computer, cuz if it were, I`d not be able to play high graphics requirement games like Skyrim or Second life. and both of them work just fine.
    After my 4 going on 5 years of playing I`ve never had as much problems as I do now O.o and this happens on both my desktop
    Acer
    Windows 7 home Premium 64bit
    1TB HDD
    GeForce NVidia 9200
    4 GB RAM (upgradable to 8GB)
    AMD 3.2GHz x2 processor (upgradable to x4 )

and my laptop
    HP
    Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit
    500GB HDD
    GeForce NVidia 7200
    3GB RAM (upgradable to 6 GB)
    Intel 3.0GHz x2 processor

so it`s deffinately the game, I tested my DXDiag several times to make sure, all working fine O.o

Thread Information