Thread: group looting rights

Default group looting rights

Is there a command to set looting rights for a group?

Default Re: group looting rights

Is looting one of the things a group leader can do that non-leaders cannot?
    I generally promote everyone in group with me to leader status so that anyone can invite additional group members and I usually do not loot, so I am not sure. Usually we agree up front or after the first kill or two about the looting process.

I've never seen a setting for looting limitations and have never been in a group that wasn't focused solely on one mob. The etiquette in that situation is the group leader loots, but anyone can.
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

ok, seems there isn't a command to round robin looting. seems you have to agree upfront on looting in group. Gets messy though if you get lots of adds and other mobs

Must admit that when I've played groupwise, the group members have agreed on one person to loot everything, and then the spoils are split between the members after the hunt... or that the lowest level player gets to keep the dosh since they're likely to need it more than me. Does help that I almost exclusively group with friends, though, and can trust that people will play nice.
    - Kesqui - Formerly of Ice, now of Chaos, lair in Liak
    First Rebirth 12-12-2003 / Ascended to Ancient 12-12-2010

For the groups I'm in usually I do the looting, not to be greedy but just to keep things fair. Istaria is full of great people including those I hunt with. Once looted I link the items or the epic weapon that dropped. Then I ask group if anyone here has NEED of it NEED being those who need it for themselves only or for one of their alts (less its another dragon and they already have the same thing on their current dragon or same thing just replace dragon with biped) So whoever needs it gets it IF there is just one.
    Then if there is more then 1 person who has need of it we do a /random (random number assigned 1-100 the highest roll gets the goods)

Now lets say there is more then 1 person who just wants it same sort of thing /random.

My rules in general groups of epic hunts is that whoever is present for the fight have first dibs if someone says they need it for a guildmate it really depends on the situation if i know them and trust them to give it to the person and no one else has need of it in the immediate group i give them the weapon and ask the persons name. If i don't i will ask for the name and give it to the person personally.

If two or more people want it for someone else /random still applies

hope this helps.

Looting has to different issues persay groups and non groups.

during group hunts anyone within that group is able to loot anything that is killed.

However somebody that is NOT in the group can not "ninja" loot a freshly killed target, there is a timer although i never actually timed how long it take before the dead target becomes open for anyone to loot it.

Yes i can loot target sometimes before they even hit the group with the /slc and the /loot command to select nearest corpse and the /loot command to open the loot window then just click take all.

Dont worry too much about those that may loot and not share it will in time come back to bite them for it when left to hunt alone cause of nobody trusting them not to steal all the loot

But there is no command to set looting rights within a group sorry

Thread Information