Thread: Conversations between dragons

Default Conversations between dragons

Due to the length of Guard Kalamendar's story, that is in a different post. The words that trigger the next portion of the story are in magenta, so the reader knows what the possible triggers are.

Conversations in Chiconis between dragons 11/04

Keori
    ? Welcome into the fold, my kindred. You?re of the Helian philosophy I trust ? that isn?t to say the Lunus aren?t welcome here, necessarily, but there have been? incidents? in the past. No matter? I?m sure you?re here for business. Do not forget to guide the naka-duskael on their winding and confusing path; they often go astray. Truly, what would they do without us?

Guard Rentalem
    ? Rentalem tells you, ?Good travels to you. As part of our cooperation with the Empire, I have been instructed to keep watch over this area. If you find yourself entangled in trouble ? or more likely trying to disentangle yourself from it ? I?ll do my best to take care of things.?

Rentalem tells you, ?I suppose the Empire could be called a coalition of the races of Istaria. Though it was formed out of necessity ? we lost nearly all our number in the war with the Withered Aegis not so long ago ? this time of cooperation while we rebuild has shown its benefits. I expect it will stand for quite some time, personally, though not all do.

Narlagor
    ? Narlagor tells you, ?Greetings, fellow Dragon! I do hope you?re one of us, a Helian. It?s not to say the Lunus Dragons don?t have their place, but they can be a little overzealous you know? I?m young, I know it, but I?d swear some of those grumpy Dralk dwellers would sooner eat me than look at me!?

Semeneth the Ancient
    ? Sementh tells you, ?Greetings, friend. I have just returned from a brief pilgrimage, and find it?s quite good to be home. Have things been progressing well for us? I see at least that our relations with the other races remain intact, a worry I?d had a few times given some of our fellow dragons? temperaments.?

Karane the Historian
    ? Karane tells you, ?Perhaps we?ll reclaim the old days yet, given time. More of us having flight will be of great advantage, not only in travel and hunting, but in the minds o the lesser ones ? we have powers they can only wish for.

Conversations in Dralk between 2 dragons 11/04

Vrylliak
    - Vrylliak tells you, 'Good day to you. Have you come to Dralk to support the might Lunus faction? Surely you have -- after all, what self-respecting Dragon would find themselves curling up next to the naka-duskael with the foolish Helian? They're a disgrace to the blood of the First Dragon, Drulkar, that's what they are. Thank the gods he now resides on the Plane of Fire, that he cannot see the shamful state to which many of his children have fallen. Pfagh.'

Umbelroth - Umbelroth tells you, 'Huh. Another Dragon. Come to swell the ranks of the Lunus? We need good, strong fighters who are focused in their determination to destroy the Withered Aegis and establish superiority over the other Living Races once more. The Helian are worthless bookworms; it is our way, the Lunus way, that will prevail.

Valkoth the Ancient (post RoP at level 60 DRAG) - Valkoth tells you, 'It's good to see your return, my brethen, and in fine form as well. Now that some time has passed and you've gained further knowledge in the ways of the world, are you perhaps interested in learning alternate types of breath weapon? Command of energy, in particular, is one those of our faction specialize in.'

Brysmendrik
    ? Brysmendrik tells you, ?Did I not predict this would happen? Did I not warn everyone? They have committed the ultimate desecration! Agents of the Withered Aegis have reanimated the Draconis bodies they plundered! Not only must we crush walking corpse after walking corpse of the puny unscaled, but now we must deal with the fallen flesh of our own brethen! The indignity is too much for a proud Lunus Dragon to bear.?

Brysmendrik tells you, ?You wish to witness their handiwork? You need only travel toward the Western Deadlands. That is where they have deployed these latest of their ill-gotten forces. I would not go alone if I were you! A foe as terrible as an undead Dragon is a far greater threat than you can possibly imagine.?

Guard Latheron
    ? Latheron tells you, ?Another one braving the ashen wastes, I see. Be warned there?s dangerous beasts about ? in particular the local pygmy tribes are seemingly endless, and their size belies their strength. I suspect the undead have managed to establish themselves nearby as well, we?ve been having more skeletons poking around than before. Be warned, they?re very hostile. If you find yourself under attack, I?ll give you a wing to hid behind.?

Nyasela
    ? does not include Khutit quest - Nysela tells you, ?I don?t have may visitors here, I chose this location for my lair primarily for its inconvenience ? is there something you?re looking for??

Conversations with other dragons around the world?

Kalrenta
    ? Draak, not in a quest - Greetings. I am a sort of self-appointed guardian of this island, observing the fallen community and doing my best to ensure the blight does not spread further from its source. Myself and my comrades hope to someday reclaim Draak, and continue our search for a method to accomplish that goal.

Mesetha
    ? Draak, not in a quest - Greetings. My companions and myself have been charged with observing the fallen town of Draak, at the base of this mountain, and ensuring the blight does not creep further onto the island. I have no doubt that someday we will find a way to cleanse the blight from this place, but until then we seek simply to preserve what we can of the surroundings.

Nezra
    ? Draak, not in a quest - Good day. I, and my compatriots, observe the corrupted town and ensure the blight does not continue to grow. Perhaps someday we will find the means to retake our community, and when that day comes we wish to be prepared to act.

Hethsa
    ? Peak of Storms, starts Khutit quest - It is good to see another of our kind capable of taking wing. I come to understand that in recent years the continent has seen harsh times, and that our numbers have thinned. I also gather being able to take other forms may be of increasing importance.

In past times there were some dragons capable of changing their form at will, often into one the size of a man. If one deals often with men, it undeniably has some use. I do not know who, at the present time would know of this art?but I know one who did in the past. I would speak to Nyasana.

I have little involvement in this, myself. I would suggest first speaking to Nyasana, who resides on the northern cliff face of this peak just a short way from here. In older days, she was capable of creating the art needed to change to our most common forms. However, while I retained my sense of time after the cataclysm, she was not so lucky ? you may have to remind her of your purpose more than once. If she rejects you, don?t worry, simply return a while later and act as though nothing occurred.

Nyasana
    ? 2/05 ? Peak of Storms ? You have no right to be here, begone!
    Gliding Frost
    Dark Defenders
    Adult May 16, 2004
    Ancient October 2005

Default Re: Conversations between dragons

Valkoth the Ancient - (pre RoP) Valkoth tells you, 'Greetings, I see yet another has found my lair. I just returned from a considerable journey, so excuse me if I'm not yet up to conversation.'

Valkoth tells you, 'After our demeaning agreement with the lesser races, I took flight and began searching the fallen realms outside this continent. Over the years I gained scars and knowledge in equal degree... but I don't wish to talk of it now.'

Karane the Historian - (pre RoP) Karane tells you, 'Greetings hatchling. I am something of a scholar in the paths of our history, and always interested in sharing my knowledge with those who have some perspective on it. I don't yet think you've reached that point yet, however... perhaps when you're a bit older.'

Zebeginia the Scale Hardening Trainer (dralk) - Zebeginia tells you, 'Greetings, friend. ever since we insisted on lowering ourselves to the level of mere men, by calling this absurd truce, I have sought ways to improve our abilities in combat for the inevitable day the tide turns. One of the most effective techniques I have learned is a method of hardening one's scales, to better ward off magic and blows. Would you like to learn more of this? You may also have noticed that our scales have become more resilient in recent days, our bodies hardening of their own accord.'

Zebeginia tells you, 'I have spoken with the Council of Elders about this. They have informed me that it is not a trick of the Humans or a devious plan by the Lich King. Rather, it is the result of stored magical energy, some of which was released when the Gate of Embers was re-opened. It has infused our very beings with power, improving us greatly and making us more resilient to damage than before.'
    Tympest Stormchaser
    100/100 Ancient Lunus Dragon - Retired
    Erus Ex Istaria - Order

Thread Information