Thread: QUESTS Quests quests....add more quests

Default QUESTS Quests quests....add more quests

Ok so i just finally got through all of the dalimond series, including tomb and everything else that that involves and guess what....Nothing.......WOW imagine that, something this game has always been lacking and after what 5 yrs returning still hardly anything. Dont get me wrong i think the revamp was cool, but guess what get your butt to work and get the next one out. We all know that this is a niche game right, but why do you try to limit yourselves on how many people you have playing this game.

Here is this game broken down barney style....if your a biped we will give you multiclassing and plots, and thats all you get. if your a dragon hey here is a million things for you to do to help you get to 100 and then some.

Why is it that dragons get all these quests and such whereas we dont really get anything. What ever happened to this game, i seem to remember more stuff to do in this game than this. but now it seems that the whole game content is all about building a plot then buying another one and so on and so forth. I would be willing to bet that over 1/2 of the plots in this game are not used but yet you spend so much time working on reclamation and plot size adjustment and half the map is plots and communities. And i got to say that after being back a month or more it makes me supremely sad that that is all the farther you got on this game. This seems to be a plagueing issue of this game since day one, and still has not been fixed. Where are the quests, give us something.....besides grinding one mob till 100 then rinse and repeat. Maybe that is why this game will never appeal to serious gamers for more than a couple months at a time.

Default Re: QUESTS Quests quests....add more quests

• T1 and T2 got revamped, and a lot of quests got added.
    • T3 is the next being revamped
    • Confectioner got revamped with lots of quests...
    • Scholar got revamped with some quests added...
    • Tinkerer got some quests added...
    • A lot of quests got added for T5/6 (Delgarath, Dralnok's Doom, Blackhammer's Farmstead, Bruttien's Farmstead, ...)

I don't know your level or rating, do you have already done them all?
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

olyblast, first let me say that we're glad to hear you are enjoying the game to this point. Getting players through Tier2 and still playing and having fun is one of our goals.

Next, let me say that over the last five years we have added many hundreds of quests, maybe even more. But, the fact is that we have had to pick and choose what parts of the game needed attention each time we add it. For example, in some updates we spend time working on adding content for crafters or plots or even the upper tiers such as Tier 5 or 6. We have added much more to this game than can easily be discussed in this post since 2007.

Terao summed up where quests are available nicely. We have focused so far on Tiers 1, 2, 5 and 6 because we wanted to help the newest players as well as our long-term end-game players. You will find a LOT of quests once you reach level 80 and above in Aughundell, Delgarath, the Imperial Outpost, etc.

Also as Terao mentioned, one of our upcoming projects is a revamp of the Tier 3 lands, doing them as we did Lesser Aradoth and the Dalimond Peninsula. So lots of quests will become available at that point.

Finally, I would question if you have completed all of the quests on the Dalimond Peninsula. Have you completed the Holy Symbol quests as a Cleric/Paladin/Healer? What about the Source of Power quests as a Mage-type school? Or the Battlefield quests as a Warrior school? Have you ventured into Ashlander's Tomb yet or assisted a Dragon with Helian's Tomb?
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

A many things have already been mentioned by Amon and Terao, I won`t repeat them again.

However, you may be aware or not, players can also suggest quests or questlines to the dev's for which the info can be found in this threadhttp://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=17887

So ... if you wish more quests, why not "create" a few and suggest them to the devs who can see whether or not they could be implemented?

I'll add this cause it clearly needs to be said..

The original poster is not even level 100 in any one class yet. He has not touched upon 1/10th of the quests in this game, nor has he touched even 1/20th of all the available classes and the unique quests that go along with them.

He made this thread to rant and complain, for whatever reason, and has been ranting in the Market Place.. So this thread should be moved to the rant section IMO .

Just a little drunk dwarven bi-ped wreaking havoc in chaos.

I don't know who the OP's toon is in game so I won't go attacking him. What he says though is somewhat true.

I come back to this game every 3-6 months to find a weeks worth of new content. I understand the Dev team is a few people who work part time on this game. I also know that when new content is added to game it's a 3-6 month wait to fix the bugs that come with this new content. Half your blight notes are fixes to previous content. So instead of whining about it, I tested the new darkstaff quests on blight about 6 months ago and reported bugs on the designated section on forums. This is one of Virtriums biggest shortcomings. No testers.

That, coupled with half your effort fixing bugs makes me wonder how you can get anything done.

And as far as the plot issues the OP has, I totally Agree with him. I'm sick of having to pay for a game just to hold my plot when Istaria is so freaking huge with so few people playing this game. Pretty soon Istaria is gonna be one big hunk of swiss cheese cause you need to make more holes in the ground for all these new dragons.

One thing the OP is wrong about is that dragons have it worse. I took a dragon to 100/100/30something, got all the ability quests done and the dralnok/delagrath quests done in just 6 days played. doing a lair would be pointless cause after all that work and not paying for a few months would suck if I had my lair reclaimed.

And this shouldn't be in the Suggestion section, but in the Rant section.

hey Riaken, I know you are a good, experienced player,
    but,
    a dragon to 100 100 30 plus ability quests
    and DD
    in 6 days??????
    Did I understand that right??
    Do not tell the how- tos-It might be the end of Istaria

Well, I must be doing something wrong.
    Or I am not a good player.
    2 of my 3 main drags are not finnished/uber yet.
    After more than 8 years of continual gaming.. shame on me^^

and atm I am 2 updates behind being up to date..
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

if your a biped we will give you multiclassing and plots, and thats all you get. if your a dragon hey here is a million things for you to do to help you get to 100 and then some.
    Here the OP has rather simplistically touched on one area that could be improved.

Bipeds automatically gain most, if not all of their abilities through levelling alone. No need to visit a trainer, no quests.. nothing. Sometimes you don't even know what those new abilities do or how they might aid you. Sometimes you don't even notice you've gained the new abilities.

Maybe this was a deliberate design decision to avoid endless series of cookie-cutter ability quests to "Go out and kill 50 critters and use a certain ability 5 times then return to collect your reward".

Currently the biped adventure class/school trainers serve very little purpose other than to change your current class/school.

nor has he touched even 1/20th of all the available classes and the unique quests that go along with them.
    Which classes have unique quests, and of those, how many of those quests are available above level 10?

IIRC Scout is one class that starts with plenty of quests, but unfortunately it dries up very quickly around level 10. Some adventure schools have nothing from level 1 (or 20 for prestige schools) to 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortura View Post
    Maybe this was a deliberate design decision to avoid endless series of cookie-cutter ability quests to "Go out and kill 50 critters and use a certain ability 5 times then return to collect your reward".
    I think that too and it better to stay that way.

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    hey Riaken, I know you are a good, experienced player,
    but,
    a dragon to 100 100 30 plus ability quests
    and DD
    in 6 days??????
    Did I understand that right??
    Do not tell the how- tos-It might be the end of Istaria
    Well, I think that 6 days is actually 6 days played as reported by /info command. So that means 24*6=144 hours played. An employed one that has a family too can maybe get an average of 2 hours per day as playtime which should mean about 2.5 months.
    Sounds pretty far fetched, but I don't know - maybe it's doable for someone that knows the game well and has some help with crafting/scales/etc.

I personally got to 100/100/45 with all abilities quests done in about 4 months (and many other quests too), but granted i played way more than 2 hours per day.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Which classes have unique quests, and of those, how many of those quests are available above level 10?
    There are three school specific quest series on the Dalimond Peninsula for players level 20-40. "Battlefields" for warrior schools, "Sources of Power" for mage schools and "Holy Symbols" for Healer schools.

There are the some Ranger specific quests given out in Feladan by Calimir at level 60 or 80 I believe.

The Envenomed Arrow quests (3 of them) starting at level 20.

Storm Disciples have a series of quests starting at level 20 and ending at 100 (I think thats the level).

There are various crafting specific quests scattered about in places, such as the Tea quest on the Dalimond Ridge, quests for rare foods as Confectioner, Tinkerer (lots of these actually at many levels).

And I'm sure I've forgotten numerous others. Point being, there are lots of school specific quests around if you go hunting.

I come back to this game every 3-6 months to find a weeks worth of new content. I understand the Dev team is a few people who work part time on this game. I also know that when new content is added to game it's a 3-6 month wait to fix the bugs that come with this new content. Half your blight notes are fixes to previous content. So instead of whining about it, I tested the new darkstaff quests on blight about 6 months ago and reported bugs on the designated section on forums. This is one of Virtriums biggest shortcomings. No testers.
    It is a fact in gaming that players can consume content many MANY times faster than it can be created. We create content as fast as we can given the size of our team and the demands placed on us. It takes time to identify specific areas that need content, design the quests, rewards, monsters, write the dialog, make the world changes and all of the other changes that may be needed to implement new content.

We welcome players to help us test, but the fact is that bugs will always find their way through. Bugs find their way through onto live in even the biggest of MMOs and they have dedicated QA teams and populated QA servers on which rigorous testing is performed.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; July 17th, 2012 at 12:23 PM.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I think a huge part of the testing problem right now is, there are precious few actual TESTERS using the Blight shard to test content - there seems to be a craze at the moment for people to create dragons on Blight, because they want to be uber-powered, lvl super fast and just generally play an overpowered character, instead of actually TESTING the content and reporting bugs

Having played for a very long time, I am thrilled with the low tier content. I started a new character, and never had a lack of things to do or quests to run until I hit T3. Knowing that the devs are hard at work on T3 just makes me all the happier and interested in giving it a try when released. It is so much better than the previous incarnation of hitting level 10 and then grinding for the rest of time.
    Ssilmath Torshak, Paladin of the Lost, Shaman of the Damned, Master Armorsmith

My other "crack would be cheaper" hobby
    http://ssilmath.deviantart.com/

It depends which server board I think is which.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamianth View Post
    I think a huge part of the testing problem right now is, there are precious few actual TESTERS using the Blight shard to test content - there seems to be a craze at the moment for people to create dragons on Blight, because they want to be uber-powered, lvl super fast and just generally play an overpowered character, instead of actually TESTING the content and reporting bugs
    One of the reasons why people don't have characters on blight is because they take up a character slot that could be used for a real character on their main shard later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamianth View Post
    And most of us ( What were once full time blight testers ) have left the game

Quote Originally Posted by Theros Ironfeld View Post
    And most of us ( What were once full time blight testers ) have left the game
    This is off topic, but I can't resist replying to this....

Is that a dwarf warrior(could be a paladin) from world of warcraft in the image to the left of your post?

And *cheer* for another Dragonlance reader!

My attempt at on topic. This game has lots of quests, as far as I've seen. The only problem for new plays is finding the quest givers. I'd have done only the quests in Chiconis had not a friend/guild member shown me the quests in Dralk...

Quote Originally Posted by Alisto View Post
    This is off topic, but I can't resist replying to this....

Is that a dwarf warrior(could be a paladin) from world of warcraft in the image to the left of your post?

And *cheer* for another Dragonlance reader!

My attempt at on topic. This game has lots of quests, as far as I've seen. The only problem for new plays is finding the quest givers. I'd have done only the quests in Chiconis had not a friend/guild member shown me the quests in Dralk...
    Yar thats where Theros (paladin) ended up quite a few years ago ... been reading Dragonlance fer years

a quick stopgap for that would be daily/weekly resettable quests, if we can have that kind of thing.

Thread Information