Thread: Conversations by NPCs in or near Dalimond to a dragon

Default Conversations by NPCs in or near Dalimond to a dragon

The words that trigger the next part of the story are in magenta. The story has been transcribed word for word, only changes were made to spelling.

Gregory the Darkstaff Scholar has his own thread due to length.

Guard Julian
    ? Julian tells you, ?Good day stranger. I shall defend your life to the end of my own, if necessary. Admittedly, with the number of Gifted around these days, that doesn?t have the same meaning it used to. True sacrifice is now what it used to be.

Julian tells you, ?Indeed, before the war there was no high tribute to a cause than your own life. Now, though, what is death for those who are Gifted? A few moment of pain and reappearing back at the local shrine. How can one measure a man knowing both a thief and a hero are fully willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for their cause?

Micklin Vandus
    ? Micklin tells you, ?Hello there, and welcome to Dalimond ? the heart of the Vandus Confederation. I am the overseer of the Confederation here, acting as the mayor of this fair city. I also spend a lot of time dealing with our continued support of the Empire. Even though Tazoon is no longer a part of the Confederation? and we?re sort of a part of the Empire? well, it is rather confusing, isn?t it? I?m not like my ancestor here in statue form, the great Ashlander Vandus. I?m not one much for the hassles of being a figurehead of sorts. Honestly? I?d rather go fishing! Yep, Dalimond Bay here has the best fishing you?ll find anywhere on Aradoth, I?d wager!?

Quartermaster Miranda Harringer
    ? Miranda tells you, ?Pay attention ? I am Quartermaster Miranda Harringer. My responsibilities for the Empire are the procurement and distribution of material for the collective forces of the Living Races, as do the other Quartermasters of the Empire. Despite what the uninformed might be gibbering about, we can still very much lose this war. Not everyone is Gifted, nor do they magically preserve their belongings when they die. Only through the controlled and regulated distribution of resources will be able to ensure that our troops have what they need when they need them. We don?t need another Rachival? or another Feladan. Now why don?t you make yourself useful ? I have plenty of tasks to keep you busy and I have a selection of Techniques available for purchase, but only if you have Imperial Bounty Markers. As far as I am concerned, actions speak louder than coin.

Miranda tells you, ?Rachival is the sundered seat of Gnomish power, laid waste some thirty years ago by the Withered Aegis. Rachival used to be a city of wonders and strange contraptions, with the Gnomes and their infatuation with technology. Well, their technology didn?t save them from the ravages of the Undead Horde. To their credit though, they fought as brave as any Elf warrior I have known. Perhaps if we had been more willing to aid them, rather than trick ourselves into believing we could defend ourselves if we kept all our resources in Feladan, maybe both cities would be free today. Instead, the Gnomes are now refugees, dwelling in a shantytown outside the walls of Tazoon.

Pre-freeing Feladan version
    Miranda tells you, ?Feladan is the sundered seat of? Elven sovereignty. I was there, some thirty years ago. We had ignored the Gnomish pleas for aid after the Great Barrier was breached. We were so foolish to think that hiding behind wall after wall would protect us. We mistook the bonhomie of the Gnomes for ineptitude, and we paid dearly for our mistake. The entire Elven Army, and the scant help the Humans finally sent to the city, were all cut down. It was like we were trying to use a bucket to stop a river flowing. I am certain some of the other Living Races were happy to see the Elves knocked down a few pegs? until they realized they were in the same boat as us. We were all in the mess together. Anyway there you are, and here we are.?

Post-freeing Feladan version
    Miranda tells you, ?Feladan has once again become the seat of Elven sovereignty. I was there some thirty years ago when it fell. We had ignored the Gnomish pleas for aid after the Great Barrier was breached. We were so foolish to think that hiding behind wall after wall would protect us. We mistook the bonhomie of the Gnomes for ineptitude, and we paid dearly for our mistake. The entire Elven Army, and the scant help the Humans finally sent to the city, were all cut down. It was like we were trying to use a bucket to stop a river flowing. I am certain some of the other Living Races were happy to see the Elves knocked down a few pegs? until they realized they were in the same boat as us. We were all in the mess together. Anyway there you are, and here we are.?

Guard Marie
    ? Marie tells you, ?Are you in need of aid? I?ll provide it if need be. The power of flame can turn most any opponent into so much ash.

Marie tells you, ?I am both a monk and a Disciple of Flames ? over time I?ve learned to harness the power of fire and heat to destroy my opponents. Other paths believe in self-protection or forms of healing, but the truest defense is the destruction of one?s enemies. I learned my current skills from a man in Dralk, though before that I studied under Hasera Steelclaw, as a monk. She is quite skilled, though admittedly rather eccentric? not everyone can spend their time meditating on a sandbar outside Kion all day.

Old Man Jenkins
    ? Jenkins tells you, ?Welcome to my domain, mortal, but stay off my lawn. And don?t feed my fish; only I do that. Now with the pleasantries out of the way, if you want to make yourself useful to me, I am willing to allow such. Otherwise, leave my presence before your fate catches up with you and makes a mess all over my property. I don?t like messes ? just ask the fish.

Gangaf Tagley
    ? Gangaf tells you, ?Oh, hello, there! I didn?t see you come in. I was contemplating the wonder of my invention. Have you ever seen anything so beautiful?

Gangaf tells you, ?You haven?t heard about my invention?! I can?t believe it! JJ180 is the hope of the future! Once my wondrous creation is completed and unleashed, the undead horde will be totally and completely destroyed! JJ180 will single-handedly turn the tide of battle for us!?

Gangaf tells you, "Ah, yes? well, such a complex and wondrous invention as JJ180 requires time and effort to complete. You can?t expect a marvel like this to appear overnight. Say, would you like to help??Lady Karen (Spire) - Karen tells you, 'Hail and greetings. I am Lady Karen, may I help you? What, what are you doing? You can just stop looking at that way. I know that I am exceptionally attractive, but I am spoken for already. Gregory the Darkstaff Scholar is my very special friend, if you know what I mean. Now just watch yourself from now on, not me, and we will get along fine. If you persist in staring and flirting with me you will be sorry.'

Sheila the Assistant
    (Brishtugo) ? Sheila tells you, ?My poor Seril?s missing! He?s been gone for a few days now, I hope he?s okay? He?d been acting strangely ever since he decided to break off his warrior training and move out here, but I never thought he?d do something like this??

Sheila tells you, ?Yes, it was very sudden. I think something really rattled him, honestly, he just hasn?t been himself lately.
    Gliding Frost
    Dark Defenders
    Adult May 16, 2004
    Ancient October 2005

Default Re: Conversations by NPCs in or near Dalimond to a dragon

Jellerin the Fisherman (Dalimond docks) ? Jellerin tells you, ?Hello, its such a lovely day to be fishing! Shame the fish aren?t as plentiful as they once were. Why me and Micklin would sit on these very docks and catch enough fish in a half-day to feed the whole town. I guess times change. The fish have headed for deeper water.?

Jellerin tells you, ?Just as well, Micklin seems not to have the time to come fishing anymore, with him being the mayor and all. But, I just know there are some great catches in deep water! No one goes out in boats anymore.?

Aroah the Master Healer (Dalimond) ? as of 1/14/05 Aroah tells you, ?Hello! Hello! I?m so upset, I have two sets of very bad news, first, one of my friends, Bolger, is missing. He was last seen battling a Myloc Lifetaker Leader near the Eastern Wall located East and slightly North of Harro. I need help trying to locate Bolger, so I am offering a reward to anyone who will lead a group into that Myloc infested area to look for Bolger. By this time Bolger may be dead. If you can?t find Bolger, just start killing Myloc?s and examining the contents of their stomach. They are noted for eating their victims. It may be the only place we can find what is left of Bolger the Brave, a fearless, but reckless adventurer. If you can find any part of Bolger and return it to me, I will give you a fine reward especially suited to a healer, but useable by all. Are you willing to search for Bolger*!??

Aroah tells you, ?Now for even worse news. My closest friend in all of Istaria, the Archmage Darkstaff the Ancient, has been captured by the Lich King and is being held prisoner in a magically locked cell located in the Underdark. It appears that removing Istaria?s Heroes is part of the Lich King?s plot to launch the Fimbulwinter. I am distraught, I fear we will never see Darkstaff again.?

For those below level 35 attempting to search for Bolger

Aroah tells you, ?I truly appreciate your eagerness to help me, but I am unwilling to risk the life of one as young as you. Come back to me when you are more experienced in the ways of the world.?

For those 35 and above attempting to search for Bolger

Aroah tells you, ?Thank you so much for assisting me. You are very brave indeed. I must, however, warn you that Enduring Fyakkis are very dangerous and are often found in league with other lesser minions of evil. You would be well advised to take some stalwart companions with you in your search for Bolger. Be sure to include Healers in your search party or I will soon be sending out volunteers to search for you. I am hoping you will find Bolger alive, but the chances are low. As I said before, you may face the gruesome task of disemboweling Enduring Fyakki?s to search for Bolger?s remains. Do what ever is necessary to find him or at least part of him. Focus your search on the old Satyr Islands and if you can?t find Bolger alive, kill as many Enduring Fyakki?s as it takes to find some part of Bolger.

*Clicking the Bolger link leads you to the paragraph after the one talking about Darkstaff.
    Gliding Frost
    Dark Defenders
    Adult May 16, 2004
    Ancient October 2005

The words that trigger the next part of the story are in magenta. The story has been transcribed word for word, only changes were made to spelling.

Sly Loki

Loki tells you, 'Speak up, I can't hear you with all the racketin here. I'm not sure how you found me, but I am the one and only Sly Loki, master of trickery, practical jokes, and thievery. Have you come to hire me for a job employing the special skills of a true master? No? Then perhaps I can interest you in performing a somewhat unscrupulous task for me. Would you like to try your hand at some minor mischief!?'

Loki tells you, 'Ah I see, the idea of humor, petty larceny and a little chicanery appeals to you. You are my kind of adventurer. Last year, that fiendish Fiend, Balial, interferred with one of my little jokes. I want to get even with him. Balial is certainly out of his natural element at that Ice Temple near Kirasanct where he is currently located. To solve his problem, he wants to cast a major warming spell for the area near the Temple. He has the Spell Components he needs, but not the proper Scroll. I want you to steal the Spell Components from him. Take this Warm Coat to Balial and while he is distracted putting on the coat, steal the Spell Components and then teleport out fast. Take this Map as a guide. When you are finished return to me for payment.'

or

Loki tells you, 'My my, what is Istaria coming to? There are more young ones like yourself wanting to join the ranks of the unscrupulous than I have jobs or jokes. Let me see if I can think of something quickly. Ahh here is an idea. Take this Gold Necklace to Kavanth the Enchanter Trainer in Kirasanct and have him put a double enchantment on it. One to make it appear that it was created by Darkstaff, a bit of a practical joker himself. The second to make it appear to be a love charm, when in fact, it is a stink bug charm. Then take the Enchanted Necklace to Gregory the Darkstaff Scholar in Dalimond as a gift from me. Here are a few coins to pay Kavanth for the enchantments. Good luck to you, my sly one.'

or

Loki tells you, 'So, you are willing to help me propagate my chicanery? Here is what I have in mind. Lady Mary Margarine's love of Cream Pies is well known throughout all of Istaria, so I believe you should take her one as a gift. You can buy a very nice Cream Pie from Fillet the Confectioner Trainer in Sslanis, but here is the key, you must have him mix this Physic I'm giving you into the Pie. When Lady Mary eats the Tainted Cream Pie, she will get unexpected results. Take these coins to buy the Pie and don't forget that Lady Mary is located at the Healer Tower just North of here. When you finish, return for your payment.
    Gliding Frost
    Dark Defenders
    Adult May 16, 2004
    Ancient October 2005

Dennison Jadefellow also known as the Maggot Man

Dennison tells you, ?Hello there, friend. My name is Dennison Jadefellow, and I am a researcher, of sorts. If you?ve come to me looking for fish or fishing supplies, I don?t think you?ll have much luck. If you?ve come to talk about the infestation of Istaria by maggots however, then I just might be the man you are looking for. That, or the kook you are looking for; I?ll let you be the judge.

Dennison tells you, ?Yep ? maggots. It?s funny how I?ve chosen to dedicate a good portion of my life to the study of those things, but who am I to question the hand of fate. I know a lot about those disgusting things? enough to make it worth your while if you?re interested. I am in need some direct and immediate assistance for my research, and I also pay a bounty for various items you?d otherwise think were relatively worthless? a bounty that includes Imperial Bounty markers. You?re interested now, I bet!?

Direct and immediate assistance for my research
    ? Dennison tells you, ?Heh, willing to help the Maggot Man, are you? That?s what some of the local yokels call me. They think I am crazier than a holed-up Dwarf for studying maggots and collecting countless maggot parts. Well, if you are willing to get your hands a little dirty, then I will show you just how "crazy" the Maggot Man really is. If you?re an Outfitter, a Tailor, or at the very least you know one, then what I have to offer you will definitely interest you.

Dennison tells you, ?OK then, listen close? I?ve done a lot of research into the tensile strength of maggot hides, and I am confident that maggot hides may be used as a substitute for animal hides. Do you have any idea what that might mean for tailoring in general? I will need more maggot hides to continue my work here ? 50 more to be exact. You can get them? well, from the corpse of a maggot. Use a tanning blade on the corpse to harvest some hide. You?ll need to know how to forage though, before you can harvest any from them like that. Anyway bring them to me when you?re done.?

Pay a bounty for various items ? Dennison tells you, ?Right now, I am offering bounties on the following items: fifty maggot hides, six maggot mandibles, and a soul fragment. I will give Imperial Bounty Markers for the completion of one of my bounties; check on each one to find out how many I give per bounty. The items I will give a bounty on will change over time, so be sure to check back with me regularly.?

As of post-merge through today's posting (11/17/04), Dennison was no longer accepting soul fragments.
    Gliding Frost
    Dark Defenders
    Adult May 16, 2004
    Ancient October 2005

Gelerus
    (Brishtugo) ? Gelerus tells you, ?Oh, hello. I cannot train you anymore, as I seem to have lost my focus. So unless you have other business, please leave me to my scattered thoughts. Good day.? Gelerus used to be the NPC to go to for training in the focus statistic and then they redid the training point system.
    Gliding Frost
    Dark Defenders
    Adult May 16, 2004
    Ancient October 2005

Thread Information