Thread: Blight Update 228 Discussion

Default Blight Update 228 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Blight Update 228 WILL BE applied to the Blight Testing Shard on Friday, July 20th and includes the following additions, changes, and fixes. Please use this thread to post bugs only. Do not use it for discussion of changes. Non-relevant posts will be moved and/or deleted..

• Fixed water at 18649 14493 that was missing.
    • Dragons can now use ingenuity to gather blighted wood.
    • Sindenis' Instructions for the Burning Archer Techniques now allows you to be a Ranger or Elemental Archer.
    • Anvils now boost the Scalecrafting skill.
    • Fiendish Scholar's Desk now properly counts as a Scholar's Desk instead of an Anvil.
    • New guard in New Trismus is now known as Renaash.
    • Frig Tallowgar no longer asks you about giving him assistance.
    • Removed guard shack from middle of community of Harro.
    • Removed rocks which were the landing platform for lair in Harton Valley in case they were what was causing problems with lair building.
    • Lowered the skill requirements for the following formulas to be 1100 to 1425 for T6 resources:
      • Master Blank Spell Shard
      • Master Cut Gem
      • Master Essence Orb
      • Master Fabric Spool
      • Master Metal Bar
      • Master Stone Brick
      • Master Wood Board
      • Master Blighted Essence Orb
      • Master Blighted Metal Bar
      • Master Blighted Stone Brick
      • Master Blighted Wood Board
      • Master Armor Dye Kits
    • Flasks used in Dragon breath quests can no longer be traded.
    Just so I understand completely, To get to maximum efficiency on making T6 bricks, bars, spools, etc. has been lowered to 1425? Wonderful news!!!

Default Re: Blight Update 228 Discussion

Only one question i have:
    When it will be applied to live servers?
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Excited !

Anvils now boost the Scalecrafting skill.
    Yes! I <3 you guys.

Lowered the skill requirements for the following formulas to be 1100 to 1425 for T6 resources:
    Regarding the quests for the master forms. Does this mean that the requirements for obtaining the forms from the cenotaphs has been lowered to 1100 also?

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Quote Originally Posted by Arzel Rashemi View Post
    Regarding the quests for the master forms. Does this mean that the requirements for obtaining the forms from the cenotaphs has been lowered to 1100 also?
    No, the requirements for getting them are still at 1200.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

And this is why I love istaria. The devs listen

Thanks Amon, you're my hero!
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

Quote Originally Posted by Mensar View Post
    And this is why I love istaria. The devs listen

Thanks Amon, you're my hero!
    Same here!

I think I just pee'd my pants a little. Optimal t6 resources.

The day of Celebration is upon us!!

Just a little drunk dwarven bi-ped wreaking havoc in chaos.

I know I won't be popular for bringing this up, but I was just thinking..

Is 1425 optimal going to allow people that haven't maxed their gatherer/miner schools to process at 2:1 also? If so that kind of negates the purpose of those schools.

I was half expecting 1467 as the optimal since that's definitely hard to reach even with the dedicated harvesting schools, all teched gear, buffs and an expert shop (for builds that don't include that stat as it's primary TP investment.. I.E. a melee-oriented build trying to process essence). It's the current cutoff for 3:1.

Just a thought.
    Last edited by Mensar; July 22nd, 2012 at 07:17 PM.

I'm not trying to close down yet another thread but, I would be HAPPY as a pig in slop with 3:1 at this point.

Is 1425 optimal going to allow people that haven't maxed their gatherer/miner schools to process at 2:1 also?
    Would it matter that one with the perfect crafting suit will be able to reach optimal on t6 at lvl 97 miner/gatherer? I think not.

I was half expecting 1467 as the optimal since that's definitely hard to reach even with the dedicated harvesting schools, all teched gear, buffs and an expert shop (for builds that don't include that stat as it's primary TP investment.. I.E. a melee-oriented build trying to process essence). It's the current cutoff for 3:1.

Just a thought.
    1467 is kind of far fetched, even for bipeds - as you point out above.
    Not to mention that it will leave dragons out of the loop.

Personally i think 1425 is a really well thought value.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

I know I won't be popular for bringing this up, but I was just thinking..

Is 1425 optimal going to allow people that haven't maxed their gatherer/miner schools to process at 2:1 also? If so that kind of negates the purpose of those schools.

Just a thought.
    I agree completely with this. The cut off should be 1450 or 1460 to avoid sudden power leveling on t6 mats.. Its already easy enough to reach 100 in all the schools with the recent elimination of alloys.. Although I applaud and await eagerly for the time when we can do t6 optimally; I just think it should be implemented carefully or we may end up with...

Example
    "Hey man can I borrow all your gear for t6 opt? I got miner and gatherer to 100..."
    "Sure bro, no prob!"

Two days Later in Marketplace

"Hey guess what everyone?!?! I got Grandmaster crafter It only took two days!!.. I used my buddies teched gear and with help from 3 people gathering t6 mats. We got it all done!!!"

Just a little drunk dwarven bi-ped wreaking havoc in chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by Finkledbody View Post
    Example
    "Hey man can I borrow all your gear for t6 opt? I got miner and gatherer to 100..."
    "Sure bro, no prob!"

Two days Later in Marketplace

"Hey guess what everyone?!?! I got Grandmaster crafter It only took two days!!.. I used my buddies teched gear and with help from 3 people gathering t6 mats. We got it all done!!!"
    I know this will come off a bit ranty, but; who cares?!? If that's how someone wants to play the game, LET THEM! Personally, I'm REALLY happy to finally be able to work T6 in a reasonable manner. I'll be more than happy to let the PLers do whatever they want, since they have absolutely no affect on my gameplay. And when they are suddenly asking how to do basic things with their expert character, I'm perfectly justified in ignoring them.

Thanks Devs for finally allowing the general masses access to optimal or almost optimal T6. Let the anvils ring!
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

This is an interesting perspective to me as I never thought of those schools as important for the processing. Much more important to me was the amount gathered with each swing, for which these classes made a huge difference. Then again, I'm one of the most inefficient crafters out there at tier VI, so I love the new limits going into effect.

Sindenis' Instructions for the Burning Archer Techniques now allows you to be a Ranger or Elemental Archer.

with this being said, does it also mean that even if you can scribe it, it can actually be used as a ranger? because, currently it can not be scribed. "nor" can it be used, if you already have it. with exception to ELAR class.

i hope both issues are being fixed. not just the ability to scribe the technique as a ranger, but the ability to use it as well.

I wasn't trying to leave dragons out in my post. But the real bottom line is.. they don't have the skill that bipeds can have. Which is probably why the devs wanted 1425 as the optimal cut off.

I was just throwing my two cents out there regarding miner and gatherer.. two very difficult classes to level.

It may be worthy to note that even at 1425 dragons will only be able to have optimal at up to two of the types of resources based on their build. And that assumes they are "all in" as far as one build or the other and not a hybrid who will not have optimal at any resource.

I wasn't trying to leave dragons out in my post. But the real bottom line is.. they don't have the skill that bipeds can have. Which is probably why the devs wanted 1425 as the optimal cut off.

I was just throwing my two cents out there regarding miner and gatherer.. two very difficult classes to level.

It may be worthy to note that even at 1425 dragons will only be able to have optimal at up to two of the types of resources based on their build. And that assumes they are "all in" as far as one build or the other and not a hybrid who will not have optimal at any resource.
    With all due respect Mensar, I think the idea that dragons, "...don't have the skill that bipeds can have..." is more than a bit bipedcentric . Yes, bipeds can become skilled in a wide variety of tasks that have no real use to dragons. No (imo), dragons are not necessarily inferior crafters. It just doesn't make a lot of sense to me that dragons fill the role of village idiot in every village across Istaria .

Quote Originally Posted by Khalon View Post
    With all due respect Mensar, I think the idea that dragons, "...don't have the skill that bipeds can have..." is more than a bit bipedcentric . Yes, bipeds can become skilled in a wide variety of tasks that have no real use to dragons. No (imo), dragons are not necessarily inferior crafters. It just doesn't make a lot of sense to me that dragons fill the role of village idiot in every village across Istaria .
    As Mensar was saying about Dragon builds. You can go Lunus with Strength and T&C build, which will help out on the Metal and Stone crafting, or you can go Helian with Power and Primal build, which will help out the Essence and Gemworking crafting, or you can put training points into all 4 areas that will not get a Dragon up to the Craft levels desired from anything.

It depends which server board I think is which.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerglassmire View Post
    I know this will come off a bit ranty, but; who cares?!? If that's how someone wants to play the game, LET THEM! Personally, I'm REALLY happy to finally be able to work T6 in a reasonable manner. I'll be more than happy to let the PLers do whatever they want, since they have absolutely no affect on my gameplay. And when they are suddenly asking how to do basic things with their expert character, I'm perfectly justified in ignoring them.

Thanks Devs for finally allowing the general masses access to optimal or almost optimal T6. Let the anvils ring!
    I have to agree with this 100%.

Power levelers will be power levelers, and no matter how much I hate them, you have to admit someone's going to find a loophole somewhere. I'm really really glad I can finally get 2:1 or 3:1 on T6 mats and I can no longer be completely discouraged off of T6 crafting anymore. In fact, I'm rather excited.

Regarding the Burning archer Quest. I am just wondering if this former ELAR only ability will still keep the 21+ steps to get the ability?

I cant not really say i'm overly happy about it but will have to accept it, the other changes are good. Just made me a little sad that i can't say there is anything unique about ELAR any more.

Quote Originally Posted by starlight View Post
    Regarding the Burning archer Quest. I am just wondering if this former ELAR only ability will still keep the 21+ steps to get the ability?

I cant not really say i'm overly happy about it but will have to accept it, the other changes are good. Just made me a little sad that i can't say there is anything unique about ELAR any more.
    The quest remained the same length, yes. The goal of the change is to make it more available to more players. Afterall, the number of players who have completed the quest is VERY VERY small. Limiting content to such a small group, especially content that is good, seems counter-productive.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information