Thread: An idea to stop theiving from public silos....

Default An idea to stop theiving from public silos....

Have the plot owners who have silos on them be able to rent them out to other players, both parties would benefit from this.

It could go like this:

1) 1 day rental = 5s for a T2
    a) 1 day rental = 10s for a T4
    b) 1 day rental = 17s for a T6

All silos should have a maximum of a 3 day rental and should the renter forget about the silos being rented, the contents should be deposited into their vault just like when the consignments end, or the plot owner gets to keep a portion of what is being stored.

Default Re: An idea to stop theiving from public silos....

Good idea but I think the timeframe is a bit long, especially for such a low price.
    Glindor Occulus - Ancient Dragon - 100/80/25 - (Chaos)
    FaffyMuncher - Half-Giant - 86 ELAR 30 RNGR 20 KNOC 30 OUT 25 BLK 15 MAS - (Chaos)

Cave draconis.

Lol, yeah... make a whole silo dump it's contents into my vault after 3 days. I like that... no more waiting two weeks for the stupid consigner dumping it into my vault anymore... That won't happen.

I won't have to high hopes for such a system to be implemented (even after solving all the possible design flaws of a first idea)... they don't even implement logs for the plot owners to see who has accessed the structure and similar things. Also the comments from Amon made it quite clear: This is now issue to the devs... so any thing that would be necessary to implement would be very low priority to the devs also, if considered at all...

In short: Don't hold your breath.

I would better like it if people would just stop panicking and closing down all public structures after such incidents... Yeah, make some fuss in the channels and on the forums... but let myself decide if I want to take the risk instead of closing down whole Mithrils Anvil without me being capable to use any silos/consignes anymore from one day to the other.

Also you can, to some extend, already implement that in game without any changes to the game mechanic via friend lists... I also already thought about some community driven collection of names to put on a "global" friend list, so to say... but that has some drawbacks also (likely excluding many "good" people is the biggest issue, followed by getting the open plot holders to type in the list).
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

I dont think it's a good idea especially considering the longer time frames included in the rent. 3 days is too much.
    It should be hourly with a maximum of 3-4 hours.
    But I dont have high hopes since it would probably take lots of dev time to implement.

Instead of that, Garfonso summed it up pretty nicely:

Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    I would better like it if people would just stop panicking and closing down all public structures after such incidents... Yeah, make some fuss in the channels and on the forums... but let myself decide if I want to take the risk instead of closing down whole Mithrils Anvil without me being capable to change anything.
    Well said.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

I personaly think the key resolution would be to implement a "friends only" option in individual structures. that way the plot owner can add only the players he/she trusts to access their silos and still be able to keep guild halls, houses, and such guild only or deny all if they so wish.

If you make the whole plot friends only then you can make certain structures either closed completely or open to the friends you list.
    Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    FREE RACHIVAL NOW!!!
    Join the GLF! *Gnome Liberation Front

Sorry took something personal that I shouldnt have. So with that said, I will now hide under the large boulder that just landed on me.
    Last edited by Peaches; July 25th, 2012 at 05:38 PM.

Although I'd like to see a friends-list feature on each structure, I'm not going to hold my breath.

I think the "thieves" may be thwarted by simply putting items in a silos that restrict access.
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

I, for one, appreciate very much that folks keep their silos available for shard use. I refuse to shut down something that can be useful for many just because a very few acted like idiots. Awdzy's plot in Snowfall on Order will remain as is. Hopefully someday I'll finish my new plot in Harro and have open storage available with the expert shops there too.

Same with Miths anvil plot. Due to being robbed myself though, I chose a few silos and made them private. There are still plenty of silos available for those that need to use them.

Peaches, you have like 10 million silos on your plot in Mithril's Anvil

I'm sure you have a few that you can make locked. Nobody is going to say anything. It's very kind of you to have them open for people, but a few for each silo is more than enough to make public. My plot in Darvus will have 2 T2 and 2 T3 silos for each machine when it's done next week. And that's more than enough.
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

Quote Originally Posted by Mensar View Post
    Although I'd like to see a friends-list feature on each structure, I'm not going to hold my breath.

I think the "thieves" may be thwarted by simply putting items in a silos that restrict access.

I think the word "thieves" does not apply to those who are taking or deleting silo items. The powers that be have said that it is the victims of this harmless? prank that are to blame for the missing items.

So use public silos at your own risk.

Thread Information