Thread: July Content Update

Default July Content Update

The following was applied to the live servers during maintenance on Tuesday, July 24th. This content update covers items from Deltas 227 and 228.

• Scaleforges now count as Anvils for use by Bipeds and Crafting.
    • Fixed the Adamantium Tinkering Spanner to allow 3 tech slots.
    • Fixed lake edge at 21101 25341 (Lost Lake) so that the water goes all the way to the edge.
    • Weakened Shining, Pale and Glowing Wisps will now be harvestable for the proper resources while alive and dead.
    • Quest "Amtoo's Failure II" will now properly look at the first quest for completion before becoming available.
    • Fixed a bug with Hestha so that players will now properly be offered ARoP quest 18.
    • Burning Archer ability now properly allows ELAR or Rangers to use it.
    • Fixed a bug in quest "The Forest Skulk Threat II" that was causing it to not be completed.
    • Enriched Shining Wisps will no longer disguise themselves as Enriched Pale Wisps.
    • Corrected the descriptions of Miner's Boon, Bounty and Blessing techniques.
    • The Greater Blight Anchor outside of Delgarath will now respawn more quickly.
    • Ted's Assignment quest will now give Festival Tokens whether you have them in inventory or not.
    • Quest "Cleric's Quest: Recover the Lost Heirloom" will no longer reference Sand Pygmies.
    • The guard in New Trismus is now known as Town Guard.
    • Moves Sandpile in South Gate so it is further off the road.
    • Simple Items used in the ARoP quest are now marked as not-tradable and not-removable and have 0 bulk. This should prevent players from accidentally deleting or otherwise removing items needed for their quest.
    • Fixed water at 18649 14493 that was missing.
    • Dragons can now use ingenuity to gather blighted wood.
    • Sindenis' Instructions for the Burning Archer Techniques now allows you to be a Ranger or Elemental Archer.
    • Anvils now boost the Scalecrafting skill.
    • Fiendish Scholar's Desk now properly counts as a Scholar's Desk instead of an Anvil.
    • New guard in New Trismus is now known as Renaash.
    • Frig Tallowgar no longer asks you about giving him assistance.
    • Removed guard shack from middle of community of Harro.
    • Removed rocks which were the landing platform for lair in Harton Valley in case they were what was causing problems with lair building.
    • Lowered the skill requirements for the following formulas to be 1100 to 1425 for T6 resources:
      • Master Blank Spell Shard
      • Master Cut Gem
      • Master Essence Orb
      • Master Fabric Spool
      • Master Metal Bar
      • Master Stone Brick
      • Master Wood Board
      • Master Blighted Essence Orb
      • Master Blighted Metal Bar
      • Master Blighted Stone Brick
      • Master Blighted Wood Board
      • Master Armor Dye Kits
    • Flasks used in Dragon breath quests can no longer be traded.
    • Flasks used in Dragon Breath quests now have the proper level requirement (Cold = Level 40, Fire = Level 60, Lightning = Level 80).
    • Flask of Distilled Acid now requires a character to be an Adult or Ancient Dragon and Level 100 to consume.
    • Technique "Ability: Power Shot IV" now lists the Fire Pygmy Ear instead of Flame Pygmy Finger as a component.
    • Icon for the Mysterious Stone Tablet is now the proper size.
    • Defense: Ethereal Armor is now listed on the technique components for each tier.

Default Re: July Content Update

All looks good. Any idea when the can't see the fish underwater bug is gonna be squashed?
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Was the log-in screen supposed to be updated along with these bug fixes?

Quote Originally Posted by Amarie Ancalimon View Post
    • Removed rocks which were the landing platform for lair in Harton Valley in case they were what was causing problems with lair building.

No, they weren't causing problems. The rocks that cascade through my upper lair are still there (which I like, by the way), but now I don't have my terrace, which as much a part of my lair as anything I've built there.

Please put the ledge back.
    Last edited by Kaerisk; July 24th, 2012 at 10:17 PM.
    Maekrux Vythulhar, the Blue Phoenix
    "Resurgam!"

Kaerisk, please try clearing your world cache file manually. If you need help with how to do this, submit a support ticket. The rocks which were removed are the only rocks in the area, so they were either the cause of the problem, or somehow there's a problem with your lair on the specific server you play on... In either case, this is a matter that can be dealt with much better via support than on the forums, so I would ask that you submit a support ticket.

Pretty impressed with the speed for applying Deltas 227 and 228 to live servers - most notably the adjustments to t6 processing skill ranges.
    Many thanks to all involved.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

I'm feeling a bit uneasy about that... Delta 228 was released just a few days ago, wasn't it?
    Ok, I also thought: "I want that ", but it doesn't feel as if there was much testing involved on blight... are there people still playing on blight? Or is the test server fading out more or less? Just wondering.

Keep in mind: Less testing on blight means more bugs on live with longer times to fix and no place to retreat for unbugged (at least for certain bugs ) game experience.
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

though I understand your concerns Garf--

there are enough experienced players on Order and Chaos to test live.

I`d rather see content updates with bugs (which we are used to) than have no- or rare content updates.
    If we look at "bug report" it seems to work.

I think we have to get used to the fact, that Blight is not what is used to be. Nobody`s fault.

Thy devs-great job
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Cool Re: July Content Update

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    though I understand your concerns Garf--
    Thy devs-great job
    I second the thoughts. But I think most of it is fixes and changes, not as much new content, so less possibility of any hiccups.

Looking forward to the weekend
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Quote Originally Posted by walkerglassmire View Post
    All looks good. Any idea when the can't see the fish underwater bug is gonna be squashed?
    Looks like not with this patch. <sighs>
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Quote Originally Posted by walkerglassmire View Post
    Looks like not with this patch. <sighs>
    Right, because it isn't a content bug. Its a technical one that I believe they are still looking into.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Lowered the skill requirements for the following formulas to be 1100 to 1425 for T6 resources:

• Master Blank Spell Shard
    • Master Cut Gem
    • Master Essence Orb
    • Master Fabric Spool
    • Master Metal Bar
    • Master Stone Brick
    • Master Wood Board
    • Master Blighted Essence Orb
    • Master Blighted Metal Bar
    • Master Blighted Stone Brick
    • Master Blighted Wood Board
    • Master Armor Dye Kits

end quote

Of the 12 listed items, only 7 indeed now (post patch) have the 1100 to 1425 skill requirements for T6 resources.

Master Blank Spell Shard has 1200/1525
    Master Blighted Essence Orb has 1200/1600
    Master Blighted Metal Bar has 1200/1525
    Master Blighted Stone Brick has 1200/1525
    Master Blighted Wood Board has 1200/1525.

If Master Blighted Cut Gen was intended to be listed note it has 1200/1525.

The scribing requirements for the Master Blank Spell Shard and Master Blighted Essence Orb are 1200 (probably as intended).

The scribing requirements for the Master Blighted Metal Bar, Master Blighted Stone Brick and Master Blighted Wood Board are only 100.

The Master Blighted Cut Gem scribing requirement is only 1000.

Knossos

Thread Information