Thread: Chats in New Rach to a dragon

Default Chats in New Rach to a dragon

The words that trigger the next part of the story are in magenta. The story has been transcribed word for word, only changes were made to spelling.

Bixben Sallamuster
    ? Jan 05 -I hate this desert. I hate it! The dust gets everywhere! Oh, it?s harder for our work to rust, maybe, but keeping sensitive equipment free of sand is nigh impossible! I miss our city, our true home; I still remember it, though last time I saw it was through the eyes of a child. Now that as a place of innovation Not like this sorry sand pit.?

Captain Bixben Lindnottin
    - Jan 05 - Greetings, friend. Welcome to New Rachival, home to the Gnomish people, and staging ground for our reconquest of our former homeland. I am Bixben Lindnottin, Captian of the New Rachival Guard, and I am working to recruit the Gifted to join our army so that we may reclaim our homeland, much as the Elves reclaimed Feladan.

Ah Rachival. So fair a city you have never seen. Architecture to rival the greatest builders of the day and machines to cater to our every whim! Oh, what a glorious day it was to live in Rachival before the Withered Aegis came.

They came in a great horde, sweeping over the land and destroying everything in their path. We prepared our Automatons for the defense, but at the last moment our machines turned on us! How could they do that, you ask? We were betrayed by one of our own!

We would have defeated the Withered Aegis, I assure you! Our Automatons were powerful and would have swept the battlefield of the undead, if not for the fact that they began killing us instead of our enemy

Lange Wimmip
    - Jan 05 - Hello, friend. I am Lange Wimip and I am pleased to meet you. I am sure you have heard much about the Fall of Rachival and how we came to this place and founded our new home.

It was many years ago, oh yes, but we Gnomes have very long memories. We have not forgotten our homeland! No we have not! And we aim to reclaim it one day. I was once a member of the Ruling Council during those days. Respected, honored, and fabulously wealthy. But look at what we have been reduced to! It is all HIS fault, it is. But HE will pay for his crimes, one day.

Apprentice Ulairi
    - Jan 05 - Hello there! I am called Ulairi and I am pleased to meet you. I am studying to be a Tinkerer and Versanto is teaching me. If you want to become a Tinerer, you should go talk tohim cause he called the Master Tinkerer by many around town.

Well, that is what they say! But I have heard them talking about another, I think they said he was in Dalimond. I don?t know his name and I?ve never been as far as Dalimond, but they say he was once Versanto?s teacher. But he was exiled after the Fall of Rachival and we can?t even speak his name. They say he betrayed our city to the Withered Aegis. I can?t imagine doing that! They are my friends!

Quartermaster Edison
    - Jan 05 - Hello there friend, and welcome to New Rachival. The name is Edison Mberly, and I am one of the newest Quartermasters for the Empire. It is my duty to coordinate inventories and stockpiles amongst all the other Quartermasters as well as the crafting trainers located throughout the Empire. It is hard work, but let it never be said that the Gnomian people shied away from hard work! Our history is one of working diligently toward common goals?why, this very city is proof of that. Anyway if you are here looking for an assortment of techniques, then please initiate a trade with me. Also, be sure to have your Imperial Bounty Markers hand! Otherwise, I bid you a good day and safe travels.

Yes, it might not seem like much, but New Rachival here is proof of turning adversity into prosperity. After our home of Rachival was overran by the Withered Aegis during the Lament, what gnomes that did survive fled to Tazoon. As it turned out, we were soon joined by the Elves, who in turn lost their city of Feladan. Things looked grim for all of us back then.

Aye, the Lament?or perhaps you know it as the Age of Lamentations. Scholar like naming periods of time so it makes it easier for people to have a common frame of reference when talking about history. I?m a bit of a history buff myself, though some consider that a luxury with all the troubles we have seen in recent years. Anyway, Istaria has had the following Ages: the Age of the Dawn, the Age of the Gods, the Age of the Dragon, the Age of the Warrior-Kings, the Age of the Sorcerer, the Age of Lamentations, and the modern day?what some now call the Age of Empire.

The Age of the Dawn is the period of time before, well, everything started. This is when the planet formed, the Prime and the adjoining Realms were created?everything!

The Age of the Gods is when Istarian history starts. During this time the races fought against one another for the purpose of edifying their chosen deities.

The Age of the Dragon is when the gods departed the Prime for the Realms, and the dragons of Istaria supplanted them as the rulers of the world.

The Age of the Warrior-Kings marks the rise of the humans, as they eventually overthrew the rule of the dragons for their own.

The Age of the Sorcerer marks the decline of the humans, and the beginning of the racial equilibrium we see in Istarian society today. It also is when Torrin Macalir, the Fallen leader of the Withered Aegis, beginshis rise of power through human civilization. It was Macalir who, as the lead human inquisitor, spear-headed the drive to exile the Fiends from human society, only to later steal the potent magic that they were practicing for himself. He was later cast out of human society, but terrible events for our grim future were set in motion.

The modern day is called the Age of Empire now, since what remain of the Living Races have banded together under the banner of an imperial government. So far so good?but who knows what dangers lurk in our future as an Empire. At least we have a fighting chance now.

Mayor Lem Berenrick
    ? Jan 05 - You are welcome to Feladan, friend! <I think I?ll mention that to Amon?> I am Lem Berenrick, Mayor of New Rachival. Visit our shops, buy our goods, meet our people. We are a long-lived and proud people, and we work to reclaim our heritage and home one day.

Yes, yes. Our glorious city, Rachival, was overrun by the Withered Aegis many years ago. But it was not our fault! We were betrayed by one of our own. How could I happen, you ask? HE is foolish and head-strong! And to this day will not admit HIS part in the disaster.

We gnomes have always relied on machines to help us. And it was only natural that we build machines to help us fight wars. We built the automatons to fight the Withered Aegis, but when they came to Rachival these many years ago, the Automatons turned on us and drove us away.

Morran Gizmogrinder
    ? Jan 05 - Just another fine day to experiment with tinkering. It?s a shame old Rachival is now overrun with automatons and undead, you know ? imagine the inventions and schematics locked within the rusted walls of the city! What notes and designs must have been left behind! I?m no Gangaf when it comes to new contraptions, but I?d love to see our city restored and the records found?there must have been so much forgotten in the flight.

Professor Ferdo Roonwinkle
    ? Jan 05 -Welcome, welcome! I am Professor Ferdo Roonwinkle, formerly of the Rachival Institute of Research, but now simply Exiled and Unemployed Professor. Once I was respected by my peers and admired throughout Istaria! But that day is long gone now.

Gliding Frost
    Dark Defenders
    Adult May 16, 2004
    Ancient October 2005

Default stuff

I changed the dragon conversations so they're all in one thread, this post is ignorable...
    Gliding Frost
    Dark Defenders
    Adult May 16, 2004
    Ancient October 2005

Thread Information