Thread: Altering the shape?

Default Altering the shape?

Is there a way to alter your character's shape such as muscle mass or height like what you seen in character creation?

Default Re: Altering the shape?

I don't necessarily mean changing the mesh file either, just the muscle mass. I forgot to slide over the muscle bar when creating my dragon and didn't realize it until later. I'd rather not have to remake the character if I can help it.

Same answer as the last time you asked a similar question.
    Nope, no, no appearance changes after creation.
    You make your character and that's it.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Ahh, but that's not necessarily true for the last question I asked. Yes, you were "stuck" with what you created. However, you could change the head of the dragon to what you want via mod alteration. That's what I'm refering to for muscle mass. But looks like after looking through the files of the folder, I can't see where those values are stored. I was hoping someone might've known how or which files are the ones I need to fix.

Lonewolf, there could possibly be a way that you can do it though it may have strange consequences. The way the game changes your shape is by taking a combination of character models (normal, muscle, fat, etc) and taking an "average" of them based upon how much influence is given to one particular model via the slider. Only dragon bodies have these extra models. Heads and wings do not. Bipeds have their own sets.

If you look in \Istaria\resources\characters\characters\dragonu_u \mesh, you will see a bunch of .gr2 files. Those are the models. You will see all of the body files have either a n, m or f at the end which correspond to normal, muscle, fat. I suppose you could make copies of all the "m" files in /resources_override and rename them to "n". That *might* give you the heavily muscled dragon you desire. Of course, all the other dragons in the game will be all muscle bound as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
    Lonewolf, there could possibly be a way that you can do it though it may have strange consequences. The way the game changes your shape is by taking a combination of character models (normal, muscle, fat, etc) and taking an "average" of them based upon how much influence is given to one particular model via the slider. Only dragon bodies have these extra models. Heads and wings do not. Bipeds have their own sets.

If you look in \Istaria\resources\characters\characters\dragonu_u \mesh, you will see a bunch of .gr2 files. Those are the models. You will see all of the body files have either a n, m or f at the end which correspond to normal, muscle, fat. I suppose you could make copies of all the "m" files in /resources_override and rename them to "n". That *might* give you the heavily muscled dragon you desire. Of course, all the other dragons in the game will be all muscle bound as well.
    That sounds very promising and exactly what i was looking for. I saw those files along with a couple others but wasn't sure if that was what I needed. I kept thinking: no, it's got to be in a character file.

Thank you good sir; hats off to you. I'll give this a try today.

It would be so much easier just to create your character how you want it in the beginning in stead of messing around with files afterward, don't you think?

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Thread Information