Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Talk to the Team: The Rift and Loot

Default Re: Talk to the Team: The Rift and Loot

Quote Originally Posted by Arzel Rashemi View Post
    theres nothing saying lunus can't get helian crystals or vica versa... its just the names given to the crystals
    this is true how ever you chose your path I have always been in opposition to healians knowing BOL and lunuses knowing BoI the lore clearly states that the factions where formed because of differences of opinion and ruling methods

In ancient times houses / clans (referring to china and japan hear ) broke from one another and learned completely different ways of defending their land and assists

Its no different from the lunus heilan conflict and until there is lore stating other wise (such as a dragon unification) there should be 2 different ways of fighting as a dragon

Now that said you can only use one crystal at a time so they do not stack
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

How does a difference of opinion on interacting with bipeds dictate the breath coming out of you and its element?

Is the new stuff being considered for the Rift going to include the broken, multi-piece dragon scales? Claws?
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

changed because I can.
    Last edited by Arzel Rashemi; August 9th, 2012 at 12:02 AM. Reason: because....

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Quote Originally Posted by Veruliyam View Post
    How does a difference of opinion on interacting with bipeds dictate the breath coming out of you and its element?

Is the new stuff being considered for the Rift going to include the broken, multi-piece dragon scales? Claws?
    Lunuses want vengeance over what that human did to the sleeper and for shattering time for us Lightning is a fitting element for vengeance
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

"Revenge is a dish best served cold."

;)
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

sugestion not for loot, but make some kind of spirit-costume for dragons in Rift.
    if you lose you flesh body, when travel in Rift, will be cool if it will supported with good picture.
    thus add some spell, or ability, that can work in Rift only, that change dragon apearanse in some spirit form.
    dead-dragon costume too dead for this

For one, make all the "symbol of the rift" items be useable for something.

Confectioner food ingredient only harvestable in the Rift.

Here's a thought... For starters, some folks on Chaos the other day said they liked the idea of a "harder" Rift. That is, one that is separate from the current Rift so that players could go there and experience a truly high-level zone without impacting those attempting to complete the ARoP.

If a "hard" Rift was done, we'd definitely want valuable loot. So, what if you could obtain the unused Dragon Breaths and some other spells and then perhaps these consumed materia or some Rift-resource. Thoughts on that?

Unused Dragon Breaths include (correct me if I'm wrong): Bubble, Disease, Purple Haze, Spirit Skull, Stars, Swoosh, Yellow Ball, White Ball, Sparkle Ball. Obviously the names are pretty bad, I'm just looking at the definition files in \resources\definitions\effects\ that are named "dragon_breath_xyz.def"
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Its not interfering with anyone's ARoP so I'm all for it. Although honestly I wish we could get the lost dragon techs back as well as the breaths.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Here's a thought... For starters, some folks on Chaos the other day said they liked the idea of a "harder" Rift. That is, one that is separate from the current Rift so that players could go there and experience a truly high-level zone without impacting those attempting to complete the ARoP.

If a "hard" Rift was done, we'd definitely want valuable loot. So, what if you could obtain the unused Dragon Breaths and some other spells and then perhaps these consumed materia or some Rift-resource. Thoughts on that?

Unused Dragon Breaths include (correct me if I'm wrong): Bubble, Disease, Purple Haze, Spirit Skull, Stars, Swoosh, Yellow Ball, White Ball, Sparkle Ball. Obviously the names are pretty bad, I'm just looking at the definition files in \resources\definitions\effects\ that are named "dragon_breath_xyz.def"
    Sounds interesting.

Those were all breath effects that Blue made by combining/tweaking other in-game spell effects.

Perhaps the attacks could consume those rift-dropped trophy things "Symbol of the Rift" etc. but those are hard to get to begin with, so these breath attacks would really need to shine(powerful) to be worth the trouble.

I like the idea very much, Amon.

Too bad I can`t think of anything else or better atm.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Sounds interesting.

Those were all breath effects that Blue made by combining/tweaking other in-game spell effects.

Perhaps the attacks could consume those rift-dropped trophy things "Symbol of the Rift" etc. but those are hard to get to begin with, so these breath attacks would really need to shine(powerful) to be worth the trouble.
    Overall I like this idea, and was rather happy to hear it was taken to heart (No pun intended) in MP that day. Guaran's idea is pretty nice. Those "Omen of the rift" items and such don't have a use rather then a collectors item to show "I was there". Using it for breath attacks sounds interesting and, if I may suggest, something like you get for fighting Reklar? Primal Boon is it? Perhaps, dragons can get an item similar to a phylactery or Boon in a way, powered by these? Would be fun for, say, a caster dragon (Just saying for example, not starting that arguement ;)) to use it while the rest do damage to these tougher opponents. *Shrugs*

Just a thought that came to my head reading over that. :)
    Last edited by Kyala; March 4th, 2013 at 11:14 PM.
    Her Purpliness of Chaos, Kyala
    Big Goldy of Chaos, Orlaith
    Little hatchling of Order, Kaleith

Order/Chaos, Harro and Pleasant Canyon respectively

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post

YES. Just yes. All that.
    Although a ******** load of new breathes would feel a bit weird and..out of place, just a new one (like purple haze since that's the rift?) would do better I think. c: Just a thought~

Quote Originally Posted by Ceyra View Post
    YES. Just yes. All that.
    Although a ******** load of new breathes would feel a bit weird and..out of place, just a new one (like purple haze since that's the rift?) would do better I think. c: Just a thought~
    One breath isn't enough of a reward, I wouldn't think. Would need a larger variety of rewards for players to work on for weeks/months/years.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Sounds interesting.

actually, those are all just breaths that already are in the files, but not in the game (except for spirit_skulls, that's Reklar's Plaque Breath), Blue just made them accesable.

and using an item to be able to use them, that definately sounds interesting, how about having a specific effect on the breaths so that depending on the situation you have to really decide what breath would be best to use.

Quote Originally Posted by meepsa View Post
    actually, those are all just breaths that already are in the files, but not in the game (except for spirit_skulls, that's Reklar's Plaque Breath), Blue just made them accesable.

and using an item to be able to use them, that definately sounds interesting, how about having a specific effect on the breaths so that depending on the situation you have to really decide what breath would be best to use.
    I think having something similar to Reklar's Plague breath would be wonderful. ( Give dragons a decent dispell? :D \o/ ) Of course it wouldn't do as much damage as Reklar's does, and actually cost something that has worth to cast (Because we all know making skills cost hoard is really pointless now that hoard is so easy to get).

Quote Originally Posted by Alisto View Post
    I think having something similar to Reklar's Plague breath would be wonderful. ( Give dragons a decent dispell? :D \o/ ) Of course it wouldn't do as much damage as Reklar's does, and actually cost something that has worth to cast (Because we all know making skills cost hoard is really pointless now that hoard is so easy to get).
    To be honest, I quite appreciate the way that skills cost only a small amount of hoard. That is one of the things that makes this game so much different from others- you don't have to hoard grind just to be able to use your attacks. I remember years ago when we would go out to ED and grind hoard for hours and hours on end. I hated that. Now you can feel free to use all of your attacks freely (before you would never even consider using Gold Rage on anything except for an end game boss (Son of Gigaroth, Reklar, Valkor). It also makes all of the players more generous to give out hoard to hatchlings who actually truly need it (even 50 hoard is quite a bit for a new hatchling to use on attacks).

Chaos: Kesson 100/100/100/100 Emeralde 100/100/100/48 Kestrom 218/128 Ryasu 100/100

Quote Originally Posted by Arzel Rashemi View Post
    honestly I wish we could get the lost dragon techs back as well as the breaths.
    Seconded! That would be absolutely wonderful for veteran players as well as newly ascended ancients alike. This would be oh so valuable as they are solely missed techs (only very few ~2 players can actually make these anymore).

Quote Originally Posted by Mimir View Post
    I was thinking, as it is a dragon only area...what about a dragon wing modification. This could be tatters and or war scars from many years of battle.

The quest could have some age requirement that would not allow a newly completed AROP dragon to do these quests concurrent with their rites. Possibly be an ancient for X amount of time before the quests are available.

We could make this a contest for all those modders out there that want to design the ancient wing set.

Quest completion gets you a token to take to one of the ancients in Dralk for turn in for your ancient wing set.

Ideas? Changes? Bad idea?
    I very much like this idea. While only an aesthetic change, it would be highly coveted by veteran players while not being "on the top of the priority list" for newly ascended ancients. This would give a whole new look and meaning to "ancient dragon". Would also not be all that hard to implement (just the same as putting on a dragon headscale gives a new look and when taken off your head goes back to being normal). This would be a fun item that you could name "The Sleepers Wings" or "Wings of the Sleeper" and incorporate it into the lore.

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    also for another idea have scales from Drulkar him self drop in the rift Should either be broken bits Head - tail (this would be our t 6 ) or full scales on the special rare drop table

to get the supreme effects you must have the full set to activate the buffs

again Lunus and Heilan each have there own set and own buffs
    Again I like the idea of new broken scale pieces that would actually be of use (the new T6 scales are too well-rounded to actually be useful for either a melee lunus or a helian caster. T5 crafted scales specialized in their techs end up winning over the T6 in a heartbeat. These would be even more so highly coveted than the aesthetic wings mentioned above, since they would be in essence the "next set of scales" that are better than any craftable scales. This would certainly make the Rift into a busy place (not sure if that would be a good or a bad thing yet. These would have to be perhaps rare drop pieces from the different mobs (tail and back pieces from kwellens, head and chest from vexators, wings and forelegs from the golems, etc. I do not recommend making them drop only from the Boss Guardians since this would make getting the sets aggressively competitive (you can't spawn the guardians yourself, so it would make getting these scales only possible for the 5 times per month that we have ARoPs that go on in there. This would completely change the dynamics of Rift Runs to being for ulterior motives other than helping adults to acienthood. I sorely do not want to see Rift Runs turn into epic hunting parties rolling for loot in front of the adults doing their ARoP *shudders at the thought*

On a final note, If we are trying to get more ancient dragons in there helping on ARoPs then bring back the 131-210s that used to drop to every players in the group from defeating the Guardians and Elial. That used to be a nice bonus.

I do like the token-->Vendor idea for these items, scales, breaths, old techs etc. Turn in X number of Tokens of the Rift for certain breaths and items, turn in X number of Symbols of the Rift for other breaths and items, scales, etc. This would promote trading other players for which particular drops they need for the items they want as well.

Chaos: Kesson 100/100/100/100 Emeralde 100/100/100/48 Kestrom 218/128 Ryasu 100/100

Quote Originally Posted by Alisto View Post
    I think that Reklar's Plague breath effect (the dot with a chance to dispell up to 3 times) should be something added to the Reklar Tail Scale. So while wearing it, breath attacks have 5% chance to also land the plague breath effect. Would help to make the tail actually desirable to use, which in turn would make people want to hunt Reklar to begin with. And since he can't be killed without dragon help, there really needs to be a good reason for dragons to want to join those fights.

I'm coming back to this since I have added a vendor that will accept Rift tokens (relics, symbols, etc) in Delta 264 and sells Dragon tech kits.

I would like to add some of the Breath attacks though...

Breath of Plague - Similar to Reklar's Plague Breath but doing less damage, uses Spirit Skull effect
    Breath of Poison Gas - Higher chance to cause poison to target, uses Purple Haze effect, AoE
    Breath of Life - Heals friendly targets, uses Bubble effect, AoE

Stars? AoE mez perhaps as the breath disorients the target
    Yellow Ball? Incendiary breath, attack causes damage and blinds the target
    White Ball? Greater incendiary breath, attack causes damage and then lingers with DoT
    Sparkle Ball? Friendly AoE breath that boosts Power and Focus to targets

Thread Information