Thread: Primal Instant Heal III

Default Primal Instant Heal III

Serious problem with this quest. It is a level 35 quest and the only location for these Large Frost Beetles are on top of a mountain in Lesser Aradoth. To get to these beetles you have to traverse a trail past wolves, ogres, pygmies. ALL swarm in mulitple numbers attacking the helpless hatchling. If you are fortunate enough to finally get to the beetles, guess what, there are only two of them.

Please relocate these beetles to a better location.

Changing a previous location of these beetles to Nix beetles has really put a damper on hatchlings trying to do this quest.

Side note: I don't want to hear about doing RoP and fly up there or waiting until you are a higher level to do this quest. My hatchling wants to do the quests as intended at the proper levels. Also, he is not going to do RoP until level 50 or maybe a bit higher. (Not missing out on the 50 hatchling scale).

Default Re: Primal Instant Heal III

There is another location for the beetles as well, not just on top of the Dalimond Ridge.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    There is another location for the beetles as well, not just on top of the Dalimond Ridge.
    Then change the text in this quest to indicate another location. As to the other location, I have not found it.

Tier II - icy Dalimond ridge - did you try on top of Abandoned Island mountain or at the ice ponds on top of the Scorpion Island mountain?

As Awdz already stated, I've found Large Frost Beetles:
    Mountain Dalimond Ridge
    Mountain Scorpion Island
    Mountain Abadoned Island

There are not only two spawn points, there are three
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

There is a good spot on Scorpion Island Mountain - you just have to slay the named gatherer pygmy and his friend to get there. They are lvl 26 or so.

Can show you later in game.

I will admit that with my first dragon I put this quest aside and left it til after my rop. It was irritating. In fact I think I completly forgot about it and didn't bother doing it til I was almost level 100.

Good thing we have decent armour and don't need emergency heals too often

Quote Originally Posted by Hoberton View Post
    If you are fortunate enough to finally get to the beetles, guess what, there are only two of them.
    Having done this quest again recently with the beetles on Abandoned Island, it seemed like the big and small beetles, ogres and wolves in this particular spot were some kind of shared spawn.

There were two large beetles when we arrived. Killed those. Waited. No more large beetles spawned. We started killing everything else there and the respawns included more large beetles.

Thread Information