Thread: Holy Symbol: Tomb of Crankenspank

Arrow Holy Symbol: Tomb of Crankenspank

Dear Amon, the quest asks that you search the sarcophagi in the Tomb of Crankenspank to find the Symbol of Istaria.
    There is only one sarcophagus in the tomb and it is not selectable to perform a search. I have looked all around the sarccophagus but have not bee able to locate the symbol.
    I tried killing skeles and also crankenspank hoping for a drop but I got nothing.
    I have not been able to source any other info about this quest.
    Please tell me what I need to do.

Default Re: Holy Symbol: Tomb of Crankenspank

There is a sarcophagus in the tomb that you can gather from.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I vaguely remember having to collect the dust from mushroom-sized things around the sarcophagus, not the sarcophagus itself. Or am I thinking of something else entirely?

If you are looking for Grave Dust, this is gathered from the sarcophagus not from mushrooms.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Okies I went to Crankenspank's tomb to check it out. I found the sarcophagus in the building on the lower level, not up where Crankenspank walks about. With my istarian army knife in hand, I was able to gather a few grave dust. I don't know what mushrooms I got into before but they must have been pretty strong... ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    There is a sarcophagus in the tomb that you can gather from.
    The sarcophigus can not be gathered from...any other thoughts ?

There is a Broken Sarcophargus located at 23550 / 22350 where you can gather Grave Dust with an Istarian Army Knife or as a dragon you need to use the ingenuity ability. Grave Dust can be found in the Tomb of Borannis and Tomb of Moravvis, too.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Just to be clear, the sarcophagus looks like a broken stone coffin.

Quote Originally Posted by Terao View Post
    There is a Broken Sarcophargus located at 23550 / 22350 where you can gather Grave Dust with an Istarian Army Knife or as a dragon you need to use the ingenuity ability. Grave Dust can be found in the Tomb of Borannis and Tomb of Moravvis, too.
    I have tried many times to gather from this sarcophagus, but for some reason I can not gather anything. I can not even select the sarcophagus as a target.

I looked back at your original post. Finding the Symbol of Istara might be a location thing - just get to the right spot and the quest updates - that you already did and got feedback on without realizing it. When you use ctrl Q to look at your quest log, what does it say for the step you're on?

A friend of mine is having trouble with this bit too. She harvested the sarcophagus, looked in a coffin nearby, checked to see if Crankenspank dropped it, nothing. Is it bugged or are we missing something?
    Chaos Shard - Eyes of Istaria
    Dragon: Zaaria Skydancer
    Naka: Kaelia Snowstorm
    Taking a break because college, be back in a while :3

The first step "Recover the Symbol of Istara from the Tomb of Crankenspank" will be clarified to also indicate you must kill Crankenspank. However, once you do that the next step says to gather from a sarcophagus.

So, the order of steps is:

1. Kill Crankenspank
    2. Gather dust from a sarcophagus
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information