Thread: Help! Mod assistant needed.

Default Help! Mod assistant needed.

Hi, I'm having some mod issues over on my side..
    With the mods, where do you put them is it the " resources or resources_override " folder and how do you get them to work, as in.. The mods come in folders when you put them to where they need to go, but how do you see them or something.
    I've got mods in folders, but I don't see them when I log in on my dragon characters.
    I have a variety of mods, but getting confused on to just where to put them and on how to you get them to work, etc with the mod stuff.
    Rawr!???

Default Re: Help! Mod assistant needed.

You need to put mods into resources_override. From my experience, file structure doesn't matter that much to the game, allowing you to organize all your mods into their own folders if you so please. As long as the files are unzipped and in the resources_override folder, you should be good to go.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

So what should be in the Resources folder?.
    Here to make this kinda easy, I'll put what Mods and folders that I've got.. XD

Armour Mod2, Characters, Clothing, Definitions, dragonu_u, entities, interface, models, original_ancient, resources fire2, resources water, sound, startup, textures, commands, resources fire same with the teeth and claw mod and the sitting mod, which I'm still trying to find yet again XD

They come in folder, and just not sure on what to do..
    Rawr!???

Okey, so I've just taken the time to look at all of the mods. So what I've done. I've put the Armour Mod2, Commands, definitions, entities, interface, textures, sound, resources fire2, resources water. All in the resources_override folder.

In the resources folder are Models, original_ancient and startup.
    But If I have done something wrong, please feel free to come back with feedback XD
    Rawr!???

Very, very few mods need to go into the resources folder, and those that do will probably have some special instructions to go with them. You'll need to refer to the threads for those mods if that is the case.

Otherwise, everything goes into resources_override. I don't know what "startup" does, but I know for sure that the original ancient files need to be in resources_override. Whatever is in "Models" almost certainly needs to go to resources_override too.

Remember:

Resources_override is the modding folder; that's what it's for.

Adding things to resources means you are overwriting the base, original game files, which is not something that you should be doing unless you are following instructions that specifically tell you to do so because the mod for whatever reason will not work if placed into resources_override. More than likely, you will need to run a full scan or let the game patch in order to fix any damage done to the resources folder.

Ahh okey, didn't know that resources_override was the modding folder. But good to know what the folder is used for.
    Thanks for your help Raptress
    Rawr!???

Hello; I'm trying to mod as well.

I've done everything, but I cannot get the file to convert back to .agh so the game notices it in the resources_override file.

I've even tried using the in game converter by typing this in main chat: /aghConvert dragon_head_mask01_skull.agh

It says it converts, but it's still a .tga file. Help please..

It depends which server board I think is which.

The file will be converted and put in the directory is says. The original file is still there. Most of the time, the /aghconvert command puts the .agh file in your resources_override folder or the same folder that the file you converted is in.

It didn't put it in there, I cannot find the file... :/

That's strange..... sometimes the file seems to be converted but isn't because I downloaded/saved the file directly to the resources_override folder. I don't know if this will work, but try cutting and pasting the file on your desktop, then moving it back into your resources_override and trying again?

I'll give it a try and reply on what happens.

It still won't let me convert the file... :/ I did as you asked. I saw your skype login below your name. I added you, if you're not busy, mayhaps you could log in and help me out?

Quote Originally Posted by RegicideJustifiable View Post
    I've even tried using the in game converter by typing this in main chat: /aghConvert dragon_head_mask01_skull.agh

It says it converts, but it's still a .tga file. Help please..
    /aghconvert requires that you put the file extension of your file. If you are trying to convert a .tga, you need to add ".tga" to the end of your filename when using the command.

If your file is a targa and called "dragon_head_mask01_skull" then the command to use in Istaria woud be: /aghConvert dragon_head_mask01_skull.tga

As Racktor says, this does not replace the original file and instead creates a new version of it in agh form, so you will have both the .tga and the .agh in the end.

I never noticed the .agh on the end of the filename. You've got a good eye, Raptress.

If that doesn't work, Regicide, then I can help you over Skype. But I'm pretty sure it will work now.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    /aghconvert requires that you put the file extension of your file. If you are trying to convert a .tga, you need to add ".tga" to the end of your filename when using the command.

If your file is a targa and called "dragon_head_mask01_skull" then the command to use in Istaria woud be: /aghConvert dragon_head_mask01_skull.tga

As Racktor says, this does not replace the original file and instead creates a new version of it in agh form, so you will have both the .tga and the .agh in the end.
    That's the funny part... I did that exactly.. XD.. Still nothing..

After a lot of time and effort, I figured out how to mod. Got some advice from Racktor as well as Terreflare. Thanks everyone. I think I'll type out a modding guide so others can do this as well if they wish.

Thread Information