Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How are Mods made?

Default Re: How are Mods made?

Quote Originally Posted by flamestar View Post
    I got the agh viewer working- and those textures are amazing! I almost can't believe the amount of detail put into them! But I've only ever covered a small part of Istaria compared to the whole, so I'm not even sure if all of those textures are even in-game.

From the looks of things there might have been horses and unicorns in Istaria once upon a time... I wonder where those rugs and such are? It'll be fun trying to find them.

I can't find granny viewer anywhere though. It's like the company just dropped it off the face of the internet. Darn... I really wanted to look at all those animations and models.
    the rug can actually be found in Dalimond ;P and I know the general's house in Bristugo (or whatever rank he might be) also has some interesting paintings, even one with lions

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    I tried to find the Granny Viewer too. Only site I found that might have had it was going to make me install a download manager and that was none too tempting. Instead, I fired up an old computer that I knew already had the viewer on it. Here ya go~:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/100046924/gr2_viewer_setup.zip
    Yay! Thanks Raptress.

... huh, that's weird. I can't get any of the animations to show up in the program, and only some of the models.

My first venture into Istaria fanfiction: link and my other fanfics: link and artwork: link

Quote Originally Posted by meepsa View Post
    the rug can actually be found in Dalimond ;P and I know the general's house in Bristugo (or whatever rank he might be) also has some interesting paintings, even one with lions
    lol cool thanks for the hint meepsa.

My first venture into Istaria fanfiction: link and my other fanfics: link and artwork: link

you have to make sure to load the skeleton file as well, that's what the animations use to move they're most often just [name]_skele or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by flamestar View Post
    Yay! Thanks Raptress.

... huh, that's weird. I can't get any of the animations to show up in the program, and only some of the models.
    If you want to play animations, you need to load the meshes, the animations, and the skeleton. I am guessing that's what you're missing.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Lol! :facepalm: of course! That's exactly what the problem was. thanks!

Is there a way to edit/change spell effects? The AoEs for dragons annoys me, I wouldn't mind amping it up to something more interesting to watch...

Vamalchior

Quote Originally Posted by Kryodrache View Post
    Is there a way to edit/change spell effects? The AoEs for dragons annoys me, I wouldn't mind amping it up to something more interesting to watch...
    You can always swap the animation files

I was tinkering with spell effects a few years ago, I think. I ended up file-swapping because I am lazy and actually editing spell effects seemed to be half stupidly complex and half impossible. :B

If you want to try swapping effects, you'll want to be looking in resources/entities/spell. The .ent files are the spell effects. I cannot, unfortunately, remember what effects were associated with dragon spells as they weren't named very well and tended to draw off other effects that were already there or default effects. Prime Bolt might have been using the same effect as Fire Bolt, for example (which also means that if you, say, make Prime Bolt blue, Fire Bolt will also be blue).

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Thread Information