Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Attn New players

Default Attn New players

Especially hatching's I am getting to where i am as old as dirt to this game and I have never in all my time in Istaria some 2500 days was blasted with such demands that I don't want anything to do with the Kion area

So let me spell it out for you new players

Istaria has an award winning community we are Kind friendly and always willing to help and teach .

I will even drop what i am doing for a hatching in need of assistance or to play tour guide.

for throws old players i try to keep morning breaths teachings alive and help as much as i can

but for some random stranger to walk up to some random player spamming group invites and a chat invite and then demand to be power leveled IS NOT HOW WE (AS FAR AS I KNOW ) OPERATE

Learn to use your own fangs and claws clubs and swords and if you need help after attempting to kill your target mob and failed at this then ask politely some one should respond with either advice on how to kill buffs of your current level or a friendly healing spell or just plain hop on an alt and help you out .

to people that think this post is to harsh i ask them this question what is the fun in this game if everything is done for you and what do you get when the new generation of players are brought up in this manner

answer nothing good players not knowing how to use their race classes and ability's

Just not a good idea new players
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Re: Attn New players

Agreed! I can't tell you how many times I've had new players come up to me asking to be power-leveled. Mostly in craft, thankfully, but some in adventure! (Not saying that craft is okay; only way to help someone in craft is to power-level them or buff them & craft isn't as involved as adventuring. Either way, I do say no but offer advice)

What's the point of playing the game if you're not the one playing it? Power-leveling is like having someone else play the game for you.

I'm mostly sick of seeing babied ancients/uberpeds; the ones who think they know everything and flaunt their levels but were just power-leveled the entire way.

So please, to all new players who read this; experience the game yourself. Everyone here would love to help I'm sure, but we are not and I repeat not going to power-level you. Most of us, at least. There's a fine line between help and power-leveling. Please learn it.

~Racktor

where as I actually agree with this..

This is a rant due to the extreme childish drama in NT and Kion and needs to be moved
    Aamer Khan : The Eyes of Istaria : First Herald of Istaria
    Helper to those in need, Guide to the newly gifted, Friend and neighbor to all.

Please add me to the list of "will NOT powerlevel, ANYONE, in ANY form". I WILL give people advise, and tell them where stuff is, but I am NOT going to hold their hand/paw throughout the game either, as I also have other important stuff to do, most of the time that I'm actually in-game I'm working on art while only being there for the chats, so I find it incredibly rude whenever some kid walks up to me (as only kids should be this irrational (NOT calling all kids irrational, heck I'm still one myself)) and goes like "help me level up pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase"

just my 2 copper.

I was going to write out a wall of text, but I'll just say maybe some of the loading tips should include something like

"To New Players - Dont Just Expect Gear and Spells to be Handed to you, You'll find that by putting a little effort into doing it yourself, then turning to a veteran for help, you'll find many more people willing to help you, instead of just asking and expecting them to do all the work for you"
    Bahkar, Ancient Helian Dragon of Chaos (100/100/68). Vell, Human Warrior/Cleric (56/36).
    All it takes for Evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing.

add me to that list to i will only help with quests not powerleveling

Bahkar, good idea!
    I support this.
    Even more text about this issue won`t harm.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

*writes down: If i get to 100 i need to open a powerleveling service for a lot of silvercoins per hour!*
    Hey you, yes you: If you look for powerleveling dont ask them - ask me instead! (in about 6 month or so and bring some coins with you)

Quote Originally Posted by Lantis View Post
    *writes down: If i get to 100 i need to open a powerleveling service for a lot of silvercoins per hour!*
    Hey you, yes you: If you look for powerleveling dont ask them - ask me instead! (in about 6 month or so and bring some coins with you)
    lantis powerleveling isnt allowed in the game

Uhh so sad, i hoped to gain some coins at high level.
    Maybe if i rename it in lets say: advanded leveling support?

ps:And dont worry im not able to anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkcal View Post
    lantis powerleveling isnt allowed in the game

And where is it that you got that fact from? Because I have to tell you, I have went through the EULA, Rules of Conduct, Game policies, and I see no such rule of that.

So please do share where you have found your facts you are claiming.

we are using the wrong word here.

I think Lantis means leeching- which is forbidden.

Powerlevelling itself is not much appreciated here and there.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I second this motion. powerleveling only makes players powerful not intellectual.
    How is one supposed to learn the game without actualy learning it hmmmm?

Is there actually players that just want to chat in NT rather than power level?

Seems anyone not a dragon there gets ignored in RP or otherwise
    Selkan Swiftbeer 18 Scout | 11 Outfitter Human - Chaos
    Feverlous SwiftShot [COLOR="Black"]8 Scout | 4 Outfitter Fiend - Chaos

It depends which server board I think is which.

Quote Originally Posted by Sslarn View Post
    And where is it that you got that fact from? Because I have to tell you, I have went through the EULA, Rules of Conduct, Game policies, and I see no such rule of that.

So please do share where you have found your facts you are claiming.
    Bit of a late reply here, but the devs very much discourage powerleveling. I don't believe that it is directly "against the rules", but the devs certainly have shown a distaste towards the practice. (They removed the EXP from mobs on New Brommel for next year due to "unexpected powerleveling", for example)

Also, many people say that powerleveling is against the rules because most people have a distaste towards it. Technically, I don't think PL'ing is directly violating anything, but it is very much frowned upon.

~Racktor

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    Bit of a late reply here, but the devs very much discourage powerleveling. I don't believe that it is directly "against the rules", but the devs certainly have shown a distaste towards the practice. (They removed the EXP from mobs on New Brommel for next year due to "unexpected powerleveling", for example)

Also, many people say that powerleveling is against the rules because most people have a distaste towards it. Technically, I don't think PL'ing is directly violating anything, but it is very much frowned upon.

~Racktor
    this was what i was trying to say but in a creative way

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post

~Racktor
    Well that was kinda my point. The statement said " PL is not allowed here", implying against the rules.
    While I will agree it is frowned on, still is not against the rules.

Kinda like a 60 yr. old man with an 18 yr. old woman. Not against the law, but most frown apon it. Still legal.

I was just making it clear- I see no where no how that PL'ing is against the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahkar View Post
    I was going to write out a wall of text, but I'll just say maybe some of the loading tips should include something like

"To New Players - Dont Just Expect Gear and Spells to be Handed to you, You'll find that by putting a little effort into doing it yourself, then turning to a veteran for help, you'll find many more people willing to help you, instead of just asking and expecting them to do all the work for you"
    I think this is a great idea!
    Id also like one that says "The words PLEASE and THANK YOU are very much appreciated in this community. Use them and be respectful to those who have gone before you."

To Foxtrick...I, for one, will RP or chat with whomever I find in New Trismus, whether it be a fellow dragon or biped player...actually, I enjoy RP with bipeds, as it's from a different perspective and can make things interesting.

As for the power-leveling, well, I'm more than happy to help everyone, but, if all a player is interested in is leveling up as rapidly as possible without bothering to take the time to learn all the in's-and-out's of Istaria, or in any of the wonderful richness of this game, then I'll leave them to their own devices. They certainly have the choice of how they play this game...by the same token, I have a choice of whom I assist, and I choose not to assist those players.

Do as much work for yourself as you can, and only ask for help when you run up against that brick wall, and you'll find that most of us will bend over backwards to give you assistance....the same way that most of us got a whole lot of help from those who came before us.
    Cogito, ergo sum Draconem.

I enjoy RP anytime. Only RP`s I can`t realy get into are godmodded ones, or RP`s that stand way off the game`s lore. A little off is fine, I sometimes go out a bit myself. XD
    Craft powerleveling I don`t mind too much, craft grinding can get monotinous, and is slow as watching moss grow. but as long as the player I`m helping goes out, and locates the nodes themselves, and doesn`t rely on higher leveled players to fill silos for them, I don`t see too much a problem. I`ve helped hatchlings get their crafting up for RoP many times XD

Thread Information