Thread: Eyes of Istaria

Unhappy Eyes of Istaria

With the new launcher there is a new log in page.
    Nice
    nice colors, nice drawings- and-
    here I have to assume
    many nice things to read.
    BUT WHOtf
    should be able to read that??
    Microscopically small letters-esp. on the right side.
    Oh yes-all this young folks with their healthy young eyes..
    But what about the elder folks?
    Or those-like me with an eye-handicap??
    I mean- nowadays I have to get used to playing in "guess-mod", cause most of the written things ingame I can`t read without extra help.
    Whats the plan for the future?
    It feels like that with each update things are getting smaller and smaller.

The day I cant read the npcs or announcements anymore will be my last day in Istaria. Seems its not that far away from now
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Default Re: Eyes of Istaria

You are not alone, Lov,

Knossos

It depends which server board I think is which.

Even I, being 14 years old with the only program with my eyes being distance, have problems reading that side-line text on the right. Hurts my head trying to focus on the lines.

However, as a tip, I think there is a tool on Windows 7 at least that is a sort of magnifying glass that zooms in on your screen. It's called "Magnifier" and should be easily found by searching your computer. Rather helpful.
    (An example: http://i45.tinypic.com/2iurme9.jpg )

Yeah, no, everything but my chat windows set to "the first part of my youth to go was my eyes"-size font is somewhere between "difficult" and "illegible". I dunno what it is! Maybe there's some odd scaling issue in the code, like some sort of assumption that monitors are those great big CRTs of two decades ago at 800x600 resolution and everything scales for that? </wild mass guessing>

I can't imagine how people with vision issues more acute than mine deal with it. Given how much of the playerbase I've met is more venerable folks, many of them with health issues, that's an unusually large number of people, for an MMO.

I have vision problems too. Nearsighted, but even so, reading too much hurts my eyes and gives me a headache. Would be nice if we could change the size of the quest and chat font like we can change the size of the floating names.

My first venture into Istaria fanfiction: link and my other fanfics: link and artwork: link

Flamestar, you can change chat font size by going into the chat options for that window (bottom right button on the window) and then using the "font size" slider at the bottom ;P quest font size can't be changed as far as I know though :C

Maybe editing the files themselves for the game that includes font would allow upsizing of the default text for quests/windows/ect. Not sure, though, and it'd probably bug out with overhanging oversized text..

Thumbs up Re: Eyes of Istaria

The NPC chat font size and floating name font size has been fixed and is being tested on Blight. It should be released to Live soon.

Oh dear. It seems we got more than what we asked for. Logged in for the first time in a while here, and this is what I get from the first greeting to an NPC:

No re-sizing done, I swear! Oh well, it's better than small text. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    No re-sizing done, I swear!
    I don't know if it's affecting everyone but a few others in my guild have commented on it. I raised the issue in a bug report and was told to resize it myself.

Thread Information