Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Map Pack 3.6 Final

Default Map Pack 3.6 Final

There is no installer version yet as I lack on time I can spent on this at moment. A lot of stuff got updated and I think it's time to hand this one out. I've tested the download and .zip archive and it's working fine for me.

Map Pack 3.6

Installation Instructions (English)

This are the installing instructions for the .zip Version of the Map Pack.

If there is no Map Pack installed, start at point 2!

1. Old Map Pack installations have to be removed. The Map Pack 3.6 uses a better way to integrate into Istaria, some changes had to be done for the installation therefore. The old Map Pack ist usually installed in the following folder:

...\Istaria\resources_override\interface\maps
    ...\Istaria\resources_override\interface\themes
    After backup remove these folders.

Edit file (right mouse button) ...\Istaria\resources\interface\themes\default\def s\UIMapWindow.def -> Uncheck the write protection

2. Unzip and copy the "resources" folder to ...\Istaria\resources_override, it should look like this:
    ...\Istaria\resources_override\resources\interface \maps\...
    ...\Istaria\resources_override\resources\interface \themes\...

3. Edit the file ...\Istaria\prefs\ClientPrefs_Common.def, search for the line string mapPath = "..." entry (copy & paste)

Code:
    	string mapPath = "resources_override/resources/interface/maps"
    4. Edit the file ...\Istaria\resources\ResourceMeta.def and add the following lines (copy & paste)

Code:
    ForceScanDir
    {
    	string	Dir = "resources_override\resources\interface\maps\"
    }

ForceScanDir
    {
    	string	Dir = "resources_override\resources\interface\themes\"
    }
    5. Enable write protection (right mouse button) for the following files, so they can't be overwritten by Istaria updates:
    ...\Istaria\resources\ResourceMeta.def
    ...\Istaria\prefs\ClientPrefs_Common.def

6. If you want to change the standard map indicator use the windows explorer and open the folder:

...\Istaria\resources_override\resources\interface \themes\default\textures

Rename the file
    map_indicator_direction.png
    to
    map_indicator_direction4.png

And one of the files
    map_indicator_direction1-3.png
    to

Standard map indicator from the Map Pack is a white dot with cycle and arrow
    map_indicator_direction1.png is a green dragon with arrow
    map_indicator_direction2.png is a violet dragon
    map_indicator_direction3.png is a white dot with arrow

Start Istaria and enjoy the Map Pack 3.6

Known issues:

- Sometimes Istaria doesn't load the Map Pack correctly:
    * close and reopen the map sometimes solves the problem
    * Type /loadui into the chat windows (reloads the interface) sometimes solves the problem
    * Sometimes only a restart of the client solves the the problem

-------------------------------------

Installations Anleitung (Deutsch)

Dies ist die Anleitung für die .zip Version vom Map Pack.

Wenn noch kein Map Pack installiert ist mit Punkt 2 beginnen!

1. Falls bereits ein Map Pack installiert ist muss diese Installation entfernt werden. Die Installation von Map Pack 3.6 integriert sich besser in Istaria, daher ändert sich die Installation etwas. Das alte Map Pack ist in den folgenden Verzeichnissen installiert:
    ...\Istaria\resources_override\interface\maps
    ...\Istaria\resources_override\interface\themes
    Diese Verzeichnisse nach erfolgter Sicherung entfernen.

Datei (rechte Maustaste) ...\Istaria\resources\interface\themes\default\def s\UIMapWindow.def -> Schreibschutz deaktivieren

2. Unzip / kopieren "resources" Verzeichnis nach ...\Istaria\resources_override kopieren, so sollte es aussehen:
    ...\Istaria\resources_override\resources\interface \maps\...
    ...\Istaria\resources_override\resources\interface \themes\...

3. Die Datei ...\Istaria\prefs\ClientPrefs_Common.def editieren, die Zeile string mapPath = "..." suchen (copy & paste)

Code:
    	string mapPath = "resources_override/resources/interface/maps"
    4. Die Datei ...\Istaria\resources\ResourceMeta.def und die folgenden Zeilen hinzufügen (copy & paste)

Code:
    ForceScanDir
    {
    	string	Dir = "resources_override\resources\interface\maps\"
    }

ForceScanDir
    {
    	string	Dir = "resources_override\resources\interface\themes\"
    }
    5. Bei den folgenden Dateien den Schreibschutz aktivieren damit diese nicht von Istaria Updates überschrieben werden:
    ...\Istaria\resources\ResourceMeta.def
    ...\Istaria\prefs\ClientPrefs_Common.def

6. Wenn das Standard Kartenindikator vom Map Pack geändert werden soll mit dem Windows Explorer das Verzeichnis öffnen:

...\Istaria\resources_override\resources\interface \themes\default\textures

Die Datei umbennen von
    in
    map_indicator_direction4.png

Und eine der Dateien umbennen
    map_indicator_direction1-3.png
    in

Der Standard Kartenindikator ist ein weißer Punkt mit Kreis und Richtungspfeil
    map_indicator_direction1.png ist ein grüner Drache mit Richtungspfeil
    map_indicator_direction2.png ist ein violetter Drache
    map_indicator_direction3.png ist ein weißer Punkt mit Richtungspfeil

Istaria starten und das neue Map Pack 3.6 genießen.

Bekannte Probleme:

- Manchmal kommt es vor das das Map Pack nicht korrekt geladen wird
    * Karte schließen und öffnen hilft manchmal
    * /loadui in die Chatzeile tippen (lädt das Interface neu) hilft manchmal
    * manchmal hilft nur ein Neustart von Istaria
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Default Re: Map Pack 3.6 Final

1. Place a marker
    2. Search for a name on the map, use part of the name, full names may not be found, example: mithril golem will find the mithril and boulder golems, with mithril boulder golem you may find nothing
    3. Continue last search
    4. Enable/Disable auto center the map on you position / Choose a map with the drop down menu
    5. Zoom in, if the map is your active window you can use the mouse wheel, too
    6. Zoom out, if the map is your active window you can use the mouse wheel, too
    7. Enable / Disable group members (green dot) on map. If you joined a new group close and open the map to show your group members
    8. Enable / Disable players around you (yellow dot)
    9. Enable / Disable your own markers
    10. Enable / Disable npcs near you (blue dot), shows npcs that doesn't have markers (example: on plots and lairs, or new ones)
    11. Enable / Disable city names, like Kion
    12. Enable / Disable geographic area names, like Mithril Canyon
    13. Enable / Disable community and settlement names, like Harro
    14. Enable / Disable point of interest names, like Imperial Outpost
    15. Enable / Disable monsters and named critters
    16. Enable / Disable resources
    17. Enable / Disable crafting machines
    18. Enable / Disable NPCs, trainers and merchants
    19. Enable / Disable travel spots, like landing pads and portals.
    20. Enable / Disable landmarks, walls, temples, camps...
    21. Enable / Disable plots and lairs
    22. Center map on you
    23. Find next group member

These maps are included into the map pack
    Last edited by Terao; August 26th, 2012 at 09:26 AM.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

List of changes

Thanks to: Chani_unity and Mercurion for their massive help on building my plots (Order Shard)! Resulting in more time I could spent on the Map Pack. Lovwyrm for being what you are - thank you

- [marker update] several named added (Daknor, Thistleface, Fafnir...)
    - [marker update] Frozen Wastes
    - [marker update] Mountain Regions: Dalimond Ridge and Scorpion Island
    - [marker update] New Koraelia
    - [marker update] New Brommel
    - [marker update] New Vassarak
    - [marker update] Isle of Ice completly redone: resources, critters, named
    - [marker update] New Trismus: Deadlands, Ruined Homestead, named critters added, machines...
    - [marker update] Nahguk Territory: Nah'guk Gatherer, Nah'guk Warrior, named
    - [marker update] Trandalar, Valley of Repose, Valley of the Moon, Rift's Edge
    - [marker update] Eastern Deadland: Cenos, Palmyran
    - [marker update] Lesser Aradoth: resources: Ginger, small things here and there fixed
    - [marker update] Harro: Resources: Ruby, Thornwood, Radiant Wisp and small fixes
    - [marker update] Tazoon and New Trismus: Scholars of the Ages
    - [marker update] 1.-5. Clue for the Burning Archer quest
    - [added] Blight Anchor icon
    - [marker update] Blight Anchor positions (thanks a lot Malicor for help!)
    - [deleted] unnecessary (really really old) markers like: "flat" and such comments
    - [deleted] Shard related comments ("unfinished") and markers (like expert shops on plots)
    - fixes and updates here and there around Istaria
    - [fix] Tanning Rack icons
    - [fix] Chiconis NPC icons
    - [fix] icon sizes: Mahagra, Sslanis, Tazoon
    - [added] compressed maps (lossless) for smaller file size, thank you Pharaxes!
    - [added] papyrus tier 1-6 icon
    - [added] chest icon
    - [added] new section: plot and lairs, showing all plots (1363) and lairs (421) with sizes
    - [update] Dalimond graphics
    - [added] Rift - map by Pharaxes, thanks! :-)
    - [added] Dralnok's Doom - map by Pharaxes, thanks! :-)
    - [added] Isle of Battle - map by Pharaxes, thanks! :-)
    - [moved] named monsters from "NPCs" to "Monsters"
    - [moved] "communities" to "player cities and communities"
    - [added] map indicators that show the direction of moving
    - [added] four map indicators, two dragon ones from the original game, and two neutral ones
    - [misc] all map markers got sorted after x / y positions for speed optimization, thanks to Garfonso for his neat little map marker sorting programm :-)
    - [marker update] Acul
    - [marker update] Attios' Stand
    - [marker update] Dalimond Peninsula
    - [marker update] Eastern Outpost
    - [marker update] Eastern Deadlands
    - [marker update] Fabric Isle
    - [marker update] Genevia
    - [marker update] Isle of the Drowned
    - [marker update] Lesser Aradoth
    - [marker update] Falathien
    - [marker update] new pads and porters added
    - [marker update] here and there around Istaria... As I've visited every community and settlement I've done loads of fixes, updates and deleted unnecessary markers, too much to name them all.

TODO
    - some kind of deinstaller for the old map pack
    - version with installer

Link takes you back to this same page.

Use the downloadlink in the first post

Hi there, first of all: great work. Second: I noticed that some "mop" levels are not up to date on the landsmarks. What would be a good way for you to obtain found changes?

Easiest way:

xxx/yyy Mobname / lvl xxx changed to ...

For example:
    123/321 Mega Golem / lvl 40 - now: lvl 68
    453/322 Super Beetle / lvl 45 - now: Superb Beetle / lvl 48 ...

Via email, then it's easy for me to do the changes, thanks for your help.

Kida

Hey, I installed this according to your instructions.. and now every time I run Istaria, I get a "Error Loading Character Data" with a message "Cannot find table 0." and "InvalidArgument=Value of '0' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'."

>_o I tried to fix it, and I can't seem to do so. I ended up having to reinstall Istaria completely because I couldn't get the error to stop even after reversing all of the steps here... It was working fine before then.

I'm using Vista, and I think the problem might have been because I'm not an administrator (I also couldn't find the equivalent of "Uncheck/Check the write protection"), but I still had the password entered each time, so.. I'm not sure what went wrong.
    Last edited by Kida; September 5th, 2012 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Adding more detail.

Win Vista and Win 7
    You need to be adminstrator to be able to edit the files. If Istaria is installed in the standard windows "programs (X86)" folder I suggest to copy the files that needs to be edited to desktop - edit the file - save the file - copy back and overwrite - enable write protection.

How to Enable Write Protection

By the way, enabling write protection might be a confusing way to say it. The option in Windows refers to the option as 'Read-Only'. But Read-Only means don't allow the file to be written to, so its the same thing saying Write protection.

The easiest way to do this is to open Windows Explorer (or My Computer) and navigate to the Resourcemeta.def file. Then right click the file, choose Properties. Check the box that says 'Read-Only'. Click the readonly.jpg link below for a screenshot.

Also you dont really need to enable read only on the Clientprefs_common.def in the prefs folder. The Prefs folder is always ignored by the patcher anyways and would never change that file.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just installed'em to my both game folders. Working great.
    Thanks Terao and to everyone else involved in getting the mappack done.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

when i log in and try to open map i get a meassage that i have a custom map pack installed but istaria can not find a map....
    Chrystalas Wolfbane (Saris of the Scions)..Just a normal lil kitty cat ...well maby a bit crazy..just a bit..

Unhappy Re: Map Pack 3.6 Final

still cant get it to work...if someone has map pack 3.5 plz message me i could really use a copy of it >.< had to reinstall game and lost all my mods
    Chrystalas Wolfbane (Saris of the Scions)..Just a normal lil kitty cat ...well maby a bit crazy..just a bit..

Ok, so...

I have a little problem with the map. ...I recently reinstalled Istaria due to a technical problem and had to download all the mods again. As for the map, everything works fine, except for the markers. For some reason, only see half of which I'm supposed to see - I do remember having the same problem last time, though I can't recall how exactly I fixed it. I also got a screenie of the map, which might be of some help:

Also, on a side note - Thanks Cegaiel for the tutorial on how to enable write protection! Been pretty much stuck at that part
    Last edited by xSita; October 10th, 2012 at 12:53 PM.

It depends which server board I think is which.

Well... you /do/ have resources deselected. That removes half the markers.

It doesn't seem like you are really missing any icons either. What do you think you're missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    Well... you /do/ have resources deselected. That removes half the markers.

It doesn't seem like you are really missing any icons either. What do you think you're missing?

That's Terao's image of his map. Look at the markers he has, and then look at my map at my previous post. Almost all of the markers are missing. =/

You need to redo the step 4. from instructions and also to make read only the file "...\Istaria\resources\ResourceMeta.def"

happened to me too after last patch
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

You sure that's what you did? =/ Did that, nothing changed. ...Aaaand I really don't think I messed up the file. Nope. Trust me :P
    Last edited by xSita; October 14th, 2012 at 06:53 PM.

Yup. I didn't start the game for a couple of weeks lately and when i did it both (i run 2 clients at the same time from 2 different folders, one for dragon and one for biped) my installations of the game had the same issue. Only one column of markers instead of two (like you have too) and the map marker changed too.
    On the first installment I went to check the map pack 3.6 setup step by step and found that the ResourceMeta.def was changed and the added lines were missing.
    On the second one i redid only the step 4 and the maps were OK.
    Btw, all those with the client closed.

And make sure you set the file as read only.
    Last edited by Northwind; October 15th, 2012 at 07:04 AM.

Closed the game, edited the ResourceMeta file (actually, the changes I had made were still there), set write protection on... aaand nothing again. Checked step by step the instructions from the start to make sure I did everything correctly. I don't get what I'm doing wrong. Would it be easy for you to take a screenshot of your edited ResourceMeta (or send the file, dunno lol)?

Thread Information