Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maybe an increase?

Default Maybe an increase?

it's been many yrs, we've played this game. and i feel it's time to ask for an increase in bulk capacity of a vault.. especially considering the amount of gold you need to upgrade it. the amounts of craft/fighting armors/scales/jewelry that needs to be stored.

i don't think it's unreasonable to request an increase "at least" equal to a T6 Guild hall.

bipeds especially have so many classes to make items for, and there's no reason they can't be stored in the vault. except for lack of space. 14000 bulk is very little comapred to what players have/need and do in this game now.

please consider it. thank you

Default Re: Maybe an increase?

You sure you don't mean item stack instead of bulk? I've never capped bulk. Always stack.

I think that is a wonderful idea especially since I can't own a plot and have no where else to store items safely

I can't believe this one hasn't been addressed in the stickied post (FAQ), but unfortunately this suggestion has popped up on many MANY occassions, and the definitive answer thus far has been "no". A quick search through the Suggestions forum returned this (a bit of cutting and pasting here), from Amon:

Sorry, additional storage is not an option.
    More stacks = more database space. Thats why we restrict it.
    Because bulk changes nothing in the database. Its simply a numerical value. Stacks, that is the number of unique objects, is what increases memory space. So, allowing more stacks is what we restrict.

Happy huntings, see yas in Istaria
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Quote Originally Posted by hallucin8 View Post
    I can't believe this one hasn't been addressed in the stickied post (FAQ), but unfortunately this suggestion has popped up on many MANY occassions, and the definitive answer thus far has been "no".
    That answer concerns stack. OP is requesting bulk.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    That answer concerns stack. OP is requesting bulk.
    Indeed, but I was (maybe wrongfully) assuming they meant stack. With 14K bulk, I have no idea how you could possibly fill that unless it's just resources, or using one of the tricks/glitches.

My vault typically sits at a few thousand bulk, but very well short of it's max unless I'm hauling resources... but maybe that's just me.

i meant bulk, though +60 stack would be nice as well. but in the scheme of things, 14000 bulk is not very much, when you consider the fact that most crafters have at least 5 - 10 or more sets of craft armors and that's not counting any armors/weapons for hunting. plus most of these items have a bulk of 5+. 14000 is a small amount, and easily filled

as far as stack, i would like higher stacks, but i have a feeling the answer is "NO!!"

when you start collecting things like armors/weapons/tools/scales/claws. then add in the collectables in the game, such as special weapons, shoulder pets, and many, many other items in the game people like to stash. it all starts to add up and can easily fill/overfill your vault. especially if you don't own a plot, with large storeage buildings. like playing free accounts.

you also have formulas, techniques, crystals and a variety of other items. now stacks, would be grewat.. simply because of a certain someone's like of the "Attune" button. since you can't store those items in a guild house or even connie to get most into the vault. a +60 stack would be greatly appreciated by pretty much everyone

Quote Originally Posted by hallucin8 View Post
    Indeed, but I was (maybe wrongfully) assuming they meant stack. With 14K bulk, I have no idea how you could possibly fill that unless it's just resources, or using one of the tricks/glitches.

My vault typically sits at a few thousand bulk, but very well short of it's max unless I'm hauling resources... but maybe that's just me.
    It could be, but considering you weren't the OP... you can't really assume you know why he's asking or whether it has anything to do with what you're posting.

And for the record 14K bulk is nothing.
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

My dragon's vault is almost full too, reaching both stacks/bulk limits - and it has a nicely build lair with plenty of storage. But the vault is waaaaaay more comfortable to use since you can move pouches with items in them and there is no timer between moves.
    If these 2 things could be added to plot/lair storage - or at least to be allowed to move pouches with items in them...

If stacks seems to be ?impossible? to increase since it is related with database size ((why is that no idea since storage is many orders of magnitude cheaper these days than it was 9 years ago!)), then BULK should have absolutely no reasons not to be increased more or less - 28k bulk anyone? 60k bulk anyone?
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Stacks are a no-go. Bulk is not a problem, though using a vault for storage of resources seems odd. Better to use Silos.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Stacks are a no-go. Bulk is not a problem, though using a vault for storage of resources seems odd. Better to use Silos.
    bulk is what i was suggesting. though not for resources. mainly for those of us that collect things. weapons/gadgets, so on... gotten over the yrs of playing. then we have crafters with 5 full sets of armor/jewelry for just building alone. not counting all the accessories for other schools. plus it's always nice to have room for a few resources on hand to make something that ppl may request.

as far as silos for resources. there are a lot of free accounts with no use of silos (just considering them as well)

thanks

It is quite common when doing big construction projects to use the vault:
    Gather resources in remote place- drag cargo disk to nearby vault in the closest community - dump load.

Then, depending on how much bulk you might have left, make another trip to the resource field.

Once vault is full, port to machine or plot with construction project - open vault, get materials, build.

This process is helpful when the resources are far from a teleporter. Even with travel scrolls, it is useful since the scrolls have a fairly long recycle. But before travel scrolls it was even more helpful.

So this is one reason why more bulk in the vault could be helpful to some players doing a lot of building.
    (Not arguing for or against myself)

I haven't delved too much into the biped side of things yet - just a little crafting to make my dragon stuff - but with all those crafting tools and different adventurer and crafting schools plus keeping trophies for multiclassing... I can see how vault storage could get tight.

Paying customers on the $15 rate obviously have the option of lair / plot ownership and building storage halls. I don't know about biped plots but I think by the time I'm finished my lair it will have a good deal more storage than I need for just personal use.

Paying customers on the $10 rate... maybe rather than offering more storage per character, make the vault account wide and allow higher tiers of storage - so you end up with one vault with the sum total storage of what you could have on your individual characters.

Exact same database storage requirements but much greater convenience for players. This could be a good incentive for some of the freebies to convert.

Freebie players.... consider subscribing or join a guild and share stuff. I share my lair and crafting scales with another dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    It is quite common when doing big construction projects to use the vault.

This process is helpful when the resources are far from a teleporter.
    Quick addendum - using the vault like this is also handy when the construction job is a long way from a teleporter - true for a lot of lairs.

My old lair was a long, slow flight from the original teleporter pad on Drakul. We built a hall (with a shrine to bind to) and vault early on and used these to transport construction components / raw resources - but it does require you to empty your vault of as much bulk as possible.

if this is no problem why has it been over a year and still nothing . some of us that don't or can't get a plot a silo is a useless idea . and as Guaran said " a vault does come in very handy when crafting and building "

Quote Originally Posted by terrox View Post
    if this is no problem why has it been over a year and still nothing . some of us that don't or can't get a plot a silo is a useless idea . and as Guaran said " a vault does come in very handy when crafting and building "
    Priorities. Just hasn't reached the top of our list.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Had some time today so I got this completed. This is a bulk increase, not a stack increase. Initial vault bulk will rise to 20,000, Shareholder Vaults from 24,000 at level 1 to 150,000 at level 10. Houses and Guild Houses will also see a bulk increase.

Had some time today so I got this completed. This is a bulk increase, not a stack increase. Initial vault bulk will rise to 20,000, Shareholder Vaults from 24,000 at level 1 to 150,000 at level 10. Houses and Guild Houses will also see a bulk increase.
    Nice! What about lairs/halls? Not to seem ungrateful. Thx!

Awesome news!! Haven't been in-game yet this morning, but, is this *in* effect or soon-to-come? And, also not to sound ungrateful, but, will there be a change for any of the Dragon lair chambers? Thanks!!
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy, and extra-tasty dipped in ketchup.

Yes, can do those (Lairs, Halls) too.

Thread Information