Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: a dragons promise

Default Re: a dragons promise

Awdz giggles, slowing enough to let the hatchling actually tag her so that the game can continue. Counting to five before pursuing, she pouts on seeing the hatchling glide off the hill to perch atop a building. That's cheating! she thinks to herself.

Scampering around the base of the building, the gnome realizes there is no way for her to climb it. She frowns in frustration, then targets the hatchling and casts magic at it instead of tagging it. Cloak of thorns; gift of alacrity; enhancements of armor, health and power; and a spell to heal damage over time all settle on the hatchling.

Figuring the young dragon must not want to play, she heads off to her own tasks through the portal.

Sparkyfire noticed then glided down to continue the game not wanting her new friend to go yet and telling her sorry for that then she looked around as if she heard her friends voice

Sparkyfire then looked at awdz "im sorry i want to play but i want to get stronger too" she admitted then turned away starting to walk away thinking awdz didnt care "my other friend was hurt by shiar" she growled then lowered her head sitting back down by the portal

She looked back at awdz "i feel alone now that my friend isnt around anymore" sparkyfire said. Then yawned again clearly tired still.
    Last edited by sparkcal; August 30th, 2012 at 08:30 PM.

The gnome stops mid-scamper when the hatchling glides down to her. Hearing the lonesome note in the young dragon's voice, she feels sad for it.

"You will grow strong, in time," Awdz encourages Sparkyfire. "For now, it looks like you could use a little rest before working at it some more. There are lots of Gifted around to help, so maybe after you wake up, you can find new friends to hunt with." She pauses, her brow furrowing as she realizes what the hatchling was telling her when she beeped its nose.

"Did you say Shiar hurt your friend? Did Shiar say why? Who is your friend?" Twirling the end of one braid, the small biped looks concernedly at the young dragon.

"he just said that my friend had something of his and my friends name is jackal" sparkyfire said "jackal is my half giant friend" she said then hid her face behind one of her wings clearly not wanting to talk about it any further

Sparkyfire just wished her friend could see how strong she wanted to become to fight alongside him to beat shiar for hurting him. She looked at awdz smiling a little "i heard you took down a enemy bigger then shiar and i wish i was as strong as you" she said then started clawing the ground making a picture of what she thought the monster looked like then clawed more pictures "my daddy said his name was maurger and that some dragons helped you" sparkyfire said

Sparkyfire stopped and looked up then looked sadder then before wishing her friend was her now
    Last edited by sparkcal; August 30th, 2012 at 09:21 PM.

"I was weaker than you are now when I first awoke as Gifted," Awdz smiles grimly at the hatchling, making a mental note to try to track down Shiar and ask what happened. "It has taken years of beating back the Withered Aegis, both with help from and giving help to dragons, for me to get as strong as I am now. I suspect that with your urgent desire to grow strong, you will become powerful much faster than I did." She pauses to refresh the buffs on the hatchling.

"I just gave you some temporary magical enhancements that should help you while hunting. Hopefully you can refine your hunting strategies before they wear off completely, to fight better than you did before when you no longer have them." The gnome tilts her head a little to the side, considering.

"Have you spoken with the dragon trainers, learning all that they have to teach you? They are gruff but much better at helping dragons use all their talents than I am."

"maybe you can help me get stronger too" sparkyfire said then circled around awdz clearly excited now wanting awdz to help her get stronger but she secretly hoped that awdz would be able to take down shiar with her and her friend someday

Sparkyfire stopped circling awdz and smiled a little more showing her teeth. She was happy that she had gotten at least something to make her stronger even though it was just for a little while "we could go beat red tusks" she said again excited and now adventerous "if i get to be adult im going to invite you to my lair all the time" she said then held her head high her eyes shining with pride she may be a lunus but she was friendly toward any bi-ped

"i dont care what other lunus think i have lots of bi-ped friends and all of them encourage me to become stronger just like you" she said clearly remembering all her bi-ped friends "if i had to be with one of them for the rest of my life id choose sslarn hes one of my best friends and hes a sslik too" sparkyfire said to awdz
    Last edited by sparkcal; August 30th, 2012 at 09:41 PM.

"I think I've already done what I can to help you get stronger, for the most part," replies Awdz. Adjusting her glasses, she studies the hatchling for a moment. "As your trainers will tell you, it really has to be you that puts forth the effort or you will not actually be capable of facing the enemy when it comes time for our fiercest battles against them. If I come with you, I will kill them so quickly that you will not be able to learn much if anything. I do wish you good hunting, though!"

"aw i wish you could watch me become stronger" sparkyfire said. Then looked down now sad that she couldnt be with anyone while she trained to become stronger

Sparkyfire knew that she would be able to beat shiar for hurting her friend one day. She held her head high now more determined to fight all the harder for her friend. Sparkyfire went to go practice "good luck awdz" she said as she ran off to red tusks again this time she was going to be faster in breating the gruok.
    Last edited by sparkcal; August 31st, 2012 at 11:07 AM.

(anyone want to join in?)

Thread Information