Thread: Thank you devs

Default Thank you devs

makes me so happy: I can read right side of login page.
    It..really means a lot to me.
    To be honest it was worth a tear now and then..bit like left behind
    when I can`t (could not) read what is written in my beloved game.
    But do not tell anybody I am a strong brave dragoness-ya know
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Default Re: Thank you devs

The new launcher jar file isn't working, and I'll have to renew my password it seems...

The new larger text has been applied in right hand portion of the Launcher - thanks Devs. However, the latest entry about the Live Update New Launcher does not display the right hand side of the text lines in the new post.

Knossos

Now the new launcher, the version 2.00 one with the lair picture keeps requiring launcher2.jar.auc update and closure, the login button stays grey and locked; none of the other launchers work but the original one, with the patcher options' text in black, who are hardly readable if the font picture is dark.

Quote Originally Posted by LungTien Temeraire View Post
    Now the new launcher, the version 2.00 one with the lair picture keeps requiring launcher2.jar.auc update and closure, the login button stays grey and locked; none of the other launchers work but the original one, with the patcher options' text in black, who are hardly readable if the font picture is dark.
    Are you sure you're not running JavaLauncherII.jar like I was because I manually created a shortcut pointing to java.exe so I could "run as administrator" because of the "Failed to Create Directories" error?

If so, change JavaLauncherII.jar in that shortcut to "launcher2.jar" and it should work afterwards.

That is, unless, you hit the roadblock I did: the patcher keeps locking up while downloading files.

Dunno why they can't make their minds up on what to call the launcher app and keep it the same file name so we don't have 4, 5, 6 versions of a launcher in our Istaria directory.

btw- I saw this BEFORE all probs started..
    can*t get into the game until now.
    Will try tomorrow again
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Due to a vulnerability in Java 7 that was just disclosed by NIST today http://web.nvd.nist.gov/view/vuln/de...=CVE-2012-4681

We're rolling back the latest launcher update, there may have been some trouble logging in while we were in the process of doing this. We do recommend uninstalling Java 7 until the vulnerability is fixed.

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...d.php?p=284535

It depends which server board I think is which.

@Almost everyone: You're derailing the thread.... if you continue talking about the launcher bugs, it's going to just get merged right into the Launcher Update thread, which wasn't the original point of Lov's post..

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    Are you sure you're not running JavaLauncherII.jar like I was because I manually created a shortcut pointing to java.exe so I could "run as administrator" because of the "Failed to Create Directories" error?

If so, change JavaLauncherII.jar in that shortcut to "launcher2.jar" and it should work afterwards.

That is, unless, you hit the roadblock I did: the patcher keeps locking up while downloading files.

Dunno why they can't make their minds up on what to call the launcher app and keep it the same file name so we don't have 4, 5, 6 versions of a launcher in our Istaria directory.
    The new launcher issue got fixed by loading the game once through the original one.

And after all of this, with launcher2.jar running under jre6, we again have tiny text on the right hand side of the Character Selection Screen. Readable text was quite nice while it lasted...

Knossos

I can't believe they put a link in with Dark Blue writing. I can barely make out what it says. Being color blind is not fun. PLEASE!!!!! stick with Black or the standard color for all text.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoberton View Post
    I can't believe they put a link in with Dark Blue writing. I can barely make out what it says. Being color blind is not fun. PLEASE!!!!! stick with Black or the standard color for all text.
    I also, being color blind, feel your distress. Many players in game choose a dark blue for text. Sometimes I squint and make it out just a bit but most of the time I simply ignore what they have to say (a bit like an auto-ignore I suppose).

It is quite easy though to alter the color coding for each of the in game message types (except for the individual player ones modified for all to appreciate or not) by double clicking on the colored bars in any chat properties window and moving sliders to adjust color to your own preference. Being vision impaired I move all sliders to far right so that default text is white, to suit my preference. Other players can keep default colors or choose whatever color they like for any/all chat type(s).

Knossos

Ok, this thread has gone WAY off topic.

Rather than deleting all the off topic posts and trying to bring it back on track, I'm closing it.

Lovwyrm, I thank you for your original post and am sorry that everyone insisted on completely derailing your thread.

Thread Information