Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Launcher Update

Default Re: Java update for the new launcher

Once again I merged all the Launcher problems threads into one.

Please, folks, it will help us greatly if you would post on this one thread so our devs can follow just ONE thread, not multiple.

Thank you

bad bad Java.
    So I uninstalled Java 7 and installed Java 6u34.
    Jlauncher.exe doesn't work after this of course. Had to use JavaLauncher2.jar to patch it good again.

All is working nice for me, but I'm afraid the ones that are not tech savvy enough will have a hard time once again

PS> It really beats me why Istaria has to use Java in the first place.
    Is it that hard to drop Java completely and use another mechanism for authentication?
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Before I could log in today I followed instructions and updated the java. I logged out and back in 2 more times (several hours apart) and each time I have to download the launcher2.jar.auc. then it asks to close and I attempt to login again. Then I have to download the master_file..list.auc again before being able to play. This is getting tiresome to do every time I want to play
    A simple solution would be to retract what was done to the launcher today so we all can play properly.
    review what changes you were implementing and see what went wrong.

thank you for reading my problem
    TheRock

Default temp solution

if your having trouble with the launcher...rename the launcher to launcher2 fro the old browser

Eraser

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Re: temp solution

May I ask exactly how renaming works? It's only really the name that's changed and not the file itself...

Also there are many threads about the launcher already up, so as an early warning I bet you this will be merged with the "Launcher Update" thread.

Default Re: Launcher Update

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    @Velea: Updated to 1.7, and get the same message as before: "Failed to create directories." No clue how to set the new launcher to administrator, either.
    If you're still stuck on this:

Right click jlauncher > Properties > Compatability > check Run this program as an administrator.

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    May I ask exactly how renaming works? It's only really the name that's changed and not the file itself...
    No one answering...

I don't know the specifics of this problem but renaming does sometimes work when a file won't execute - usually means some setting or process beyond the file itself is interfering.

eg. I know with another MMO I used to play, if you wanted to run two instances of the client simultaneously you needed to copy the launcher and rename it to anything else. Otherwise the game would detect the already running instance and refuse to run the second.

That's a deliberate limitation coded into the software - but maybe a bug of some kind is doing the same here and renaming is enough to get around it.

Huh... that's interesting.

But I did get jlauncher.exe to work. I just can't manage to ever download the new launcher. xD

I did a fresh install about a month ago and think I have the new launcher. You could always try that if you really, really want it.

Or is the new launcher neatly contained in a single file or small group of files?

Looks like 7 small files in the root directory and a small sub-directory. If it's not more than that then maybe they could be uploaded somewhere for you to download?

I tried to install the launcher from the website and have my friend send me the .jar file, but it doesn't seen to be new or updated nor does it update on its own. I have every single launcher file except for the update launcher2.jar

There are 7 files in the root directory with 'launcher' in their name. What makes the new launcher new (and functional) could be in any / all of them - and possibly other files too.

No guarantee it will work but it might be worth asking your friend to email you all 7 of those files, and the those in the subdirectory.

EDIT - You're probably trustworthy and all, but it's worth mentioning that one of those files in the subdirectory (probably [account name].lopt) might include the saved hashed password for their account. So theoretically if they emailed it to you it and they've saved their password, you'd have access to their account.
    Last edited by Andrakhyn; September 1st, 2012 at 03:51 AM.

Thread Information