Thread: Blight Update 229

Default Blight Update 229

Blight Update 229 will be applied to the Blight Testing Shard and includes the following additions, changes, and fixes. Please use this thread to post bugs only. Do not use it for discussion of changes. Non-relevant posts will be moved and/or deleted..

Broken Items
    • Dragon Broken Items have been added to the game. Formulas for repair have been added to Queriatia in Dralk and Resiata in Chiconis. As was done when we introduced biped broken items, a special vendor, Rose, will be set up on Blight ONLY so that players may purchase the components for crafting these new items during the testing phase. (Biped broken items components have been removed from Rose with this update.)

Fixes
    • Corrected the icons used for Redbacked Spider and Redbacked Tarantula Breeder Legs.
    • Expert Gift Scroll formula now gives you 2 items per batch.
    • Corrected the description of the Flamestone of Drulkar. It will also now have a proper chance to fire when casting spells, instead of when using melee or ranged attacks.
    • Master construction formulas will now have the proper skill-range between minimum and optimal for Tier 5 resources (300 points instead of 275).
    • Enraged Wisps are now only worth 50% of their previous experience value for their level.
    • Expert Imbued Essence Orb formula is now offered for sale by Jalthor the Scholar in Aughundell. This will allow players on the quest "Old Rachival: Engineering a Disaster (Part 3)" to complete the quest.
    • Emerald Golem Core now has a proper description.
    • Ethereal Tablets can once again be traded.
    • Frig Tallowgar, the Imperial Quartermaster at the Imperial Outpost now sells formulas for Master Cut Gem, Master Essence Orb, Master Fabric Spool, Master Metal Bar, Master Stone Brick, and Master Wood Board. As a result, the Cenotaph NPCs in the Eastern Deadlands will no longer offer the master resource formulas. The lore of the Cenotaphs has not been removed or changed, so that at some point in the future it can be incorporated into the overall lore of the game at some point.
    • Beginner Hide Armor formula has been corrected so that all products produced by the formula require Cedar Hide Tannin as well as Hide Strips. this does increase the experience gained from creating Hide Armor.
    • Aggathos, the boss in Helian's Tomb, has had its level corrected to be 40 to 42 instead of 85 to 87.
    • Quests from the Outfitter Trainer on New Trismus, Johald, have been completely revamped. They are now divided into one of three "groupings" (bronze, leather or cloth) and require you to do a basic quest first. They also no longer ask you to return to Johald to get the formula.
    • Mystery Boxes purchased from Techatrons or Formulatrons can now be filtered by tier.
    • Technique "Spell: Nature Damage II" will now require Aviculara Scavenger Silk instead of Forest Skulk Shaman Mettle.

Houses Revamped
    • With this update we revamped houses in Istaria on player plots. It is important to note that no existing structures are changed by this update. Anything in the process of being built will be able to be completed, and anything built will remain the same.
    • Houses now come in different styles rather than being associated with particular races. Small, Medium and Large Houses come in 5 different styles each.
    • Small houses hold 40 stacks, 4800 bulk. Medium Houses hold 60 stacks, 7200 bulk. Large Houses hold 80 stacks, 9600 bulk.
    • Guild Houses are now either Basic, Small, Medium, Large, or Grand. Basic Guild Houses hold 110 stacks and 13200 bulk. Small Guild Houses hold 150 stacks and 18000 bulk. Medium Guild Houses hold 205 stacks and 24600 bulk. Large Guild Houses hold 280 stacks and 33600 bulk. And Grand Guild Houses hold 380 stacks and 45600 bulk.
    • Resources have been modified across the board so that each structure requires only one tier of resource to complete. All construction resources are used in building a particular tier of house, with the resource requirements being closer to even in order to make leveling the various construction schools a bit easier.
    • A Grand Guild House is meant to be a large project which requires the cooperation of players of various levels and therefore requires some of all construction materials to build.
    Last edited by Velea; September 7th, 2012 at 12:30 PM.

Default Re: Blight Update 229

One concern based on the patch notes - you listed the small guild houses as 1800 bulk. Should that be 18000?

Yep, will fix the patch notes.
    Last edited by Velea; September 7th, 2012 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Removed non-bug related parts
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Some issues I've found with the housing changes

Missing "New" Houses
    All except for Small House Style 2? Are there multiple styles?
    Basic, Small, Medium Guild houses

Tier 2 Human Guild House is still in the list.

Questions
    • the new "styles" of guild houses appear to be off by 1. From the ones that are available, the Large is a Tier 6, Medium is Tier 5. I'm assuming Small is Tier 4 and Basic is Tier 3. Are there no more tier 1 & 2 equivalents?
    • Are the missing legacy houses intended?
    • the patch notes mention there are no longer different "racial" buildings. Does this mean we lose those unique buildings or are they included in the 5 different styles?

Dragon Broken items are not appearing on the designated NPCs.

Yeah, I missed keyword on the houses that is preventing them from showing up. There are no more T1 and T2 guild houses, that is correct.

And the formulas will be uploaded again to the dragon NPC's in hopes they will delta out correctly this time.
    Last edited by Velea; September 7th, 2012 at 12:32 PM.
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Dragon Broken Items have been added to the game. Formulas for repair have been added to Queriatia in Dralk and Resiata in Chiconis. As was done when we introduced biped broken items, a special vendor, Rose, will be set up on Blight ONLY so that players may purchase the components for crafting these new items during the testing phase. (Biped broken items components have been removed from Rose with this update.)
    The broken items forms are not for sale on either Queriatia in Dralk and Resiata in Chiconis. Rose, also is missing from Bristugo.

She has to be moved into place manually after the delta. As the formulas are not yet available, she'll be moved after the next delta is applied.
    Last edited by Velea; September 7th, 2012 at 12:33 PM.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Maybe I worded it wrong, will there be guild houses that require tier 1 or tier 2 mats?
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Quote Originally Posted by cauri_order View Post
    Maybe I worded it wrong, will there be guild houses that require tier 1 or tier 2 mats?
    No, there will not be any T1 or T2 Guild Houses any longer.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Alina The tavern vendor in Dalimond has moved. She is currently inside the south gatehouse at 22732,22656. She still gives off that nice tavern aura, but is a little hard to talk too. The room she is in doesn't have any windows or doors.

Got it. Very odd.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; September 12th, 2012 at 10:28 AM.

Will the terrain issue i have on the order shard with the fire islands craft cave where the machines are be fixed in this patch as well?

The issue is when i leave the cave with the machines inside it to where the gem outcrops are i cannot go back into the cave due to the game removing the land and i simply fall through

This is the first I've heard of this. Have you tried clearing your world cache?
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; September 12th, 2012 at 10:29 AM.

World cache manually cleared and cleared through game options, relogging, setting view distance further, disabled object fading, loadings screen on and off, rebooting pc. Im just asking since i was informed that it would be fixed in the next delta patch

Thread Information