Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Halted Withered Aegis attacks

Default Halted Withered Aegis attacks

what happened to the good old days, when you could teleport into Augh to be smashed by ogres/blighted and undead (on ocassion that is) or teleport into Harro, to load screen and find Avatar of Pain Staring down your throat. with his massive weapons pummeling you, before you could get out of the way.
    masses attacking in droves and destroying augh walls which needed to be rebuilt after such attacks?

ppl don't want to be bothered even with (the only invading force atm) anchors anymore. yet i hear so many claim how bored they are. nothing to do.

calling in the help of your friends to save Augh, Bristugo, Harro, amongst a few other places. this game used to be so much more. what about raids at some point, even if just for Holidays and the likes? maybe some of the community could find a way to reinteract with each other. instead of sitting yapping in NT complaining about how a guard is interferring with their latest chat session.

Bring back Old (Horizons) Istaria to life with something, i mean the only thing we have atm is the anchors, and you can beg tooth and nail to get anyone to help kill it. give them a reason to fight again. have hordes attacking a town now and then. so ppl have no choice but to defend it, or lose it. at least during the raid time.

they don't have to go on for weeks or even days. an hour or 2 now and again would be nice.. IMO that is.

Long live AoP!!!
    Last edited by Zorbin; September 18th, 2012 at 05:22 PM.

Default Re: Halted Withered Aegis attacks

Maybe if they dropped in on NT while all those folks are sitting around...
    Blight: Kaylee, Marynah, others
    Guildmistress, Crafters of Blight
    Chaos: Demmona, Bankshot, others
    Co-Guildmistress, Mithril Council

Quote Originally Posted by Marynah View Post
    Maybe if they dropped in on NT while all those folks are sitting around...
    Thats the spirit

come to think of it, i haven't even seen an anchor in past week or 2

I'm agreeable to having the Avatar of Pain and his entourage go back to wandering their old haunts and patrols through the towns again. What was it he wandered? Morning Light to Harro wasn't it? Erm, the only problem I can see might be the death of several NPC's on plots.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Quote Originally Posted by Arzel Rashemi View Post
    I'm agreeable to having the Avatar of Pain and his entourage go back to wandering their old haunts and patrols through the towns again. What was it he wandered? Morning Light to Harro wasn't it? Erm, the only problem I can see might be the death of several NPC's on plots.
    only one i've seen that was impaired by being killed so far was the tavern keeper. which has now (hopefully) been fixed. they can run a test on other npc's and see if they too have similar issues and do same for them as the tavern keeper.

though, way back when, we didn't have issues with npc's (other than guards) being killed and not working any longer.

come on ppl, take off some of those crafting armors. put on some fighting gear and protect Istaria once again. a call to arms has arisen. post your thoughts

(all providing the devs will do their part as well, and readd some of these old features)

The Avatar of Pain does wander near Harro or at least in the game world.

Live events, that is GMs logging in and spawning stuff, just isn't something that we can do very frequently I'm afraid.

To expand on this a bit, we would like to expand the use of Anchors, to bring back a greater sense of the war, but there are two technical and one design hurdle to overcome first.

- One is the Anchors spawning followers out of control
    - Another involves monsters being despawned when no players are in the sector for a period of time.
    - We would like to actually have a reward for killing Anchors and their spawned followers aside from the general loot that monsters of that type spawn normally.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; September 18th, 2012 at 06:08 PM.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    The Avatar of Pain does wander near Harro.

Live events, that is GMs logging in and spawning stuff, just isn't something that we can do very frequently I'm afraid.
    as stated in first post, not something that has to be often. but ocassional attacks would be an improvement. like i stated above, events, holidays? maybe a once a month random thing? anything would be nice.

as it is, we no longer have to fight off invading withered aegis. we are the only invaders left around. the only time we need to bother with them, is if we invade "their" space/homes.

AoP stay in the lower side of Harro, never coming near the seetlement of Harro. and from what i've seen, he's not much of a fight any longer. seems he just hides below harro between the swamp and deadlands

*sigh* what glorious days that were.

It was best, Horizons/Istaria had to offer.
    Oh we often remember those days..
    Healers, standing at pad to buff us up, running around, rezzing, dieing..
    We had to scout from which side who came
    chats full of calls for help
    so many dp`s I never had again
    grouped by people you`ve never met before
    low-level who did their best to assist
    and murder-lag-nearly unplayable..
    but all that, and what Zorbin described:
    No- that haven`t been simple raids-
    that was history
    became legend

but Amon explained to us more than once, that its not possible atm.
    I understand.
    but if I had a free wish..well, it would be that
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

It depends which server board I think is which.

- We would like to actually have a reward for killing Anchors and their spawned followers aside from the general loot that monsters of that type spawn normally.
    Ohhhh? This sounds interesting.

Memories have faded over time, I remember how much fun we all had, on Spirit World. We were unstoppable. We gained our way into many nice levels just from battle. When the world collapsed, so did I. I was deeply saddened at what was left when the worlds died and merged into just two worlds. We became friends, and that in of itself, was and is remarkable. But, as I said, memories fade over time. I am thankful for what I have in this world that doesnt involve many battles, I am happy and content to work up skills on alts and build. Building is truly my cup of tea.

I understand that there is no going back ever, and I have accepted that. But, I do miss the past, but that past can never be recreated. We now have to create the world we are in now.

such a sad day this is.. oh well. enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Zorbin View Post
    such a sad day this is.. oh well. enjoy
    Sorry to be the bearer of unfortunate news... Its definitely something we'd like to do more, but we need to get some things fixed/implemented first.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I remember the last "invasion" I participated in was December of last year. There may have been more but that is the last one I remember. Or it may only have been an Anchor gone wild, either way was a blast. If players are adverse to getting DP I would be happy to help fund a meal or several to get rid of that DP.

My only fear is there may not be enough players on at any given time to handle much, but anything is better than nothing.

If anchors have an editable list of mobs to spawn, perhaps a way to solve this would be to assign unique mobs that drop improved loot and only anchors will spawn? Or have these unique mobs drop tiered tokens to be redeemed at some sort of Imperial rewards vendor. Maybe the anchor itself could drop a really shiny version of this token, either worth a number of lesser tokens or used for different, shinier rewards altogether.

Another idea is to have an Imperial NPC stationed in each main city (and possibly any settlement likely to be hit by an anchor) that gives out quests with a kill counter for anchors. Placing the NPC in each city means that it shouldn't be too much hassle for a player on the way to the fight to grab the quest. Then the quests would distribute whatever rewards are befitting of adventurers that down achors.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    If anchors have an editable list of mobs to spawn, perhaps a way to solve this would be to assign unique mobs that drop improved loot and only anchors will spawn? Or have these unique mobs drop tiered tokens to be redeemed at some sort of Imperial rewards vendor. Maybe the anchor itself could drop a really shiny version of this token, either worth a number of lesser tokens or used for different, shinier rewards altogether.

Another idea is to have an Imperial NPC stationed in each main city (and possibly any settlement likely to be hit by an anchor) that gives out quests with a kill counter for anchors. Placing the NPC in each city means that it shouldn't be too much hassle for a player on the way to the fight to grab the quest. Then the quests would distribute whatever rewards are befitting of adventurers that down achors.
    Yes, these are ideas we have had. the issue becomes time for the design work, planning, scheduling, etc as well as coming up with good rewards (not as easy as it might seem). and of course, the technical issues which are big.

I would like to see all this mayhem. I have had enough of people not wanting to help kill the anchors and sit around anddo nothing. I love going outand achieving dps .. that means I have done something worthwhile.
    PS I am always up for a great hunt

I too miss the days of old i have screamed at the top of my ancient lungs If the blight returns the players will come , but my screams have fallen on deaf ears so i no longer try to change the world i just live in it
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

As nice as having these back would be, personally I hope they are behind the T3 and t4 revamps. Hopefully that is top priority. Game plays very incomplete for the hardest part of the game when players come from how good the first two revamps play to how poorly the middle and longest to get through play.

Drop the hardest anchor you have available into an empty area and make it static moving, but spawning whatever mobs it will. Put a pad just out of reach an make every thing aggressive an I'll be happy Whomever kills it gets x amount of resources? To help pop a plot or tech comps? Itd be interesting to say the least.

Some of those attacks were player made by dragging the mob to Aug or Harro.

Sadly also not an option anymore.

Thread Information