Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Halted Withered Aegis attacks

Default Re: Halted Withered Aegis attacks

Quote Originally Posted by terrox View Post
    I would like to see all this mayhem. I have had enough of people not wanting to help kill the anchors and sit around anddo nothing. I love going outand achieving dps .. that means I have done something worthwhile.
    PS I am always up for a great hunt
    But what about the people who are fedup having to deal with anchors that are out of control and spawn way to much for even a group to handle. Sorry I have done my fair share of fighting stuff. Its high time that I do what I wish to do and am so sorry that it doesnt conform to others ideology.

to be honest- anchors are annoyance-not a challange or fun.
    And I see no reason to fight them.
    Same goes for AoP- why should I search for him and fight?

so I keep on dreaming of the good òl days when we had to defend our cities-
    or visit old friends (Soggy, Valkie and Rek)
    if I need some training.
    Those have always been fun- and still are.
    All my opinion.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Amon, Amarie , Velea ,Rick,Steelclaw, I am going to say this one more time . We As a community love the things you have done (for the most part ) and Love the very fact that you all came together and resurrected our game several years ago the changes you have done and the new school we are getting are enough for any of us to squeal like hatchlings . YOU all should be commended for the originality of all the changes made but for us old farts that grew up in this land a land of mystery and danger where the next port could kill you or the next bend had some lv 140 blood worm ready to eat you . That is the most welcomed thing you could give us for the holidays our raids back the community is expanding the blight is becoming a joke and let’s face it one can only craft so long before Departing for the next glorious battle field .

I was still very young when I encountered my first raid and for throws that remember when I was in the Ancients during that raid I was only bate and not even good bate but that experience made me learn how the combat system worked it lit a fire under my tail and from that point on I was obsess with Istarian combat . We acknowledge that Istaria is still a smaller game and is still recovering smaller games having smaller staff. We know you’re doing your best. But for the love of Nyrevin himself I will almost guarantee that if you where to come out with an interview saying the raids where back on a limited basis and actually have them like the raids of old. Old farts older than my self would sub up and dive back in to this game and be shocked on how much things have changed, and would stay a wile.
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches View Post
    But what about the people who are fedup having to deal with anchors that are out of control and spawn way to much for even a group to handle. Sorry I have done my fair share of fighting stuff. Its high time that I do what I wish to do and am so sorry that it doesnt conform to others ideology.
    you're always welcome to stay away from the battle. i mean really, it's only being suggested for once every 3 or 4 months atm. and at tops what? an hour or 2?

i'm sure those that don't want to take part, can surely just stay away from area under attack for short bursts. no one said it would be a manditory thing

Here's something you all could do to help us out... Once we get the generator and spawning issues fixed and we feel confident putting more monsters out there that can actually raid towns, blight regions, etc.

Would you rather the monsters dropped their own loot such as collectibles or new spells, etc? Or would you rather they dropped tokens that could be traded into a vendor for new spells, armor, etc?

This sort of ties into the "rare loot from boss mobs" thread we started a while back in the Talk to the Team section.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I'd say Tokens.
    Mostly because RNG has the ability make you look like a fool* by endlessly killing the same monster while waiting "that" spell to drop.

*(looks at me, still missing some expert dragons spells even after slaughtering tons and tons and tons of said monsters that supposedly drop them)
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Tokens I prefer.
    But a lot of them for one item.
    Otherwise the "professional" fighters will have what they want too soon- and stay away from the battlefields
    (remember: broken items have been much too easy to get)

Nah, Lov.
    Same goes for epic quests. If you do it, you have no reason to do it again. Yet we all still help in said epic quests, right?
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

I'm gonna be a bit odd here, and say a balanced mix of both.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Would you rather the monsters dropped their own loot such as collectibles or new spells, etc? Or would you rather they dropped tokens that could be traded into a vendor for new spells, armor, etc?
    It could be interesting to try a mix of both. What I am thinking is perhaps that the majority of the loot comes from a vendor that accepts tokens, but there are a few items that are only rare drops. Basically, the "general" items that most people will want would be from the vendor, and the drops would lean more towards interesting niche items or possibly fluff, in my mind.

Maybe these drops could be something monster-specific, having attributes or at least a description that ties it into that specific monster. Makes the game feel more alive when different monsters are distinguishable from each other, y'know? More lore (via descriptions) is always wonderful too.

Another point in favor of a mix is that it's always far more interesting looting mobs when you actually look forward to opening that loot window. It's not very exciting to open up a loot window and find another token to add to your pile of 50 of them; it is exciting to open up a loot window and find a shiny unique item that has a low drop chance. But at the same time, a drops-only approach leads to the problem Northwind brings up: you may never find what you're hunting for. So, having the tokens there too means that a player won't feel like they're wasting their time because while they hunt these rare drops, they are also getting tokens to turn in for other stuff.

If it's an "either or" kind of thing though, I'd go with tokens. If tokens end up being used in the end, I would really love to see the items for sale take a significant time investment to obtain all of them in order to make this content last. Maybe you could even throw in some kind of box-o-random-loot that spits out formulas and techniques or something so that even players who have all the token rewards still have something to spend them on. I would also rather see this done via having a high token cost, not from the tokens having a low drop rate. I feel better as a player if I get tokens from each kill, even if I need 500 of them to buy something.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

all great ideas Raptress!
    Would love to see all that.
    But sounds difficult to implement-but what do I know about that.

North- the "professionals" I was talking about, rarely (if at all) join our hunts.
    No matter which.
    They do their own thing ingame. No reproach.
    But I think they would be more willing to socialize, if there is something to gain, they hardly can go for by themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Arzel Rashemi View Post
    I'm gonna be a bit odd here, and say a balanced mix of both.
    One way to do this would be to have pure drops - so there's still that lucky dip style element of "Eureka! Got it!" - but also a vendor that will trade forms / weapons / whatever for tokens which can then be used to just buy any particular form / weapon.

That way if you are particularly unlucky and what you need / want doesn't drop for you even after a gazillion kills and you can't get it from guildmates or a consigner, you have the fallback option of trading in all the useless (to you) forms / weaponers / whatever for the item of your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorbin View Post
    what happened to the good old days, when you could teleport into Augh to be smashed by ogres/blighted and undead (on ocassion that is)....
    Good news everybody!

They're back.

Aughundell is under attack. Portal in at your own peril.

It depends which server board I think is which.

Nothing on Order right now it seems, though. Logged on a few mins after you sent that. Probably only on chaos.. for now. -super lookout dragon activated!-

Quote Originally Posted by Andrakhyn View Post
    Good news everybody!

They're back.

thinks someone is yanking our chains

I have a character there but cant remember which one of mine is on chaos, so by the time I figure it out, there wont be much left if in fact what they say is true

Quote Originally Posted by Andrakhyn View Post
    Good news everybody!

They're back.

False postings - Bannable offense?
    Last edited by Hoberton; September 22nd, 2012 at 03:47 PM.

It should be , or a very stern warning at the least.

Its not aug is under massive attack on chaos every one sute up death dealers org body gards glorious combat squeals like a hachie !!!
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

haha, my newbie got burried in the road. Never saw so many mobs, but noone was fightting them either, at least when I was there.

Thread Information