Thread: Current Bugs: Fall 2012

Default Current Bugs: Fall 2012

Please use this thread to document bugs you find in the game. Please keep posts to bugs, not comments on bugs. Feedback from the team will be noted in red within your post.

A few notes that will make tracking down and thus being able to fix bugs easier.
    • If the bug happened as part of a quest, please include the name of the quest and about how far into the quest it happened if the quest is a longer one.
    • If the bug was with an NPC, please include the name of the NPC and a complete sentence of what was said, not just the problem part to make finding the error easier.
    • Screenshots aren't needed in most cases and take up a great deal of "screen space". If a bug is with an item, the name of the item and what is wrong is usually all that is needed for us to be able to track it down.
    • If you are playing on Blight and encounter a bug, especially if it is something that happened due to a recent update, please post on the thread for that set of patch notes, not on here. In general we assume that the bugs posted here are coming from either Chaos or Order players.
    • Likewise it helps save us time and be more efficient if you skim the current patch notes before posting a new bug to be sure that it hasn't already been fixed on Blight and is just pending an update to Chaos/Order.

Please note that previously reported bugs or bugs that are listed in their own threads below may be deleted. In addition, some bugs might be moved into their own threads so that discussion can continue.

Thank you.

Default Re: Current Bugs: Fall 2012

1. Launched the game; "C:\Program Files\Istaria\jlauncher.exe"
    2. Pressed Play
    3. Got hot fix from today
    4. Game paused in background?
    5. Finished fix
    6. Launcher auto re-launched
    7. Got multi exe running error
    8. Used Task manager to exit out of 1st running instance (did this one run with updates?)
    9. Exited out of 2nd launcher
    10. Game came up anyway (Very cool)
    11. Exited that copy with Task Manager as well
    12. All I know

Trophy hunter quest.....Go get 5 Giant Chicken Tailfeathers...won't hand in. Now the trophies are called Giant Chicken Tail Feathers. Maybe he just isn't recognizing them because the are spelt different? One has Tailfeathers the other Tail Feathers two words versus one.

They are the same item. I can't see anything in this quest that would cause it to not be turned in, unless you aren't speaking to Farmer Idamon or don't have the tail feathers in your inventory (as opposed to vault or cargo disk).
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; September 22nd, 2012 at 07:58 PM.

So I should file a ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by Teto Frum View Post
    So I should file a ticket?
    I'm guessing it cannot hurt. Might double check there's no class/level conflict going on with completing it, too.

If all else fails, you can use the leftover feathers for tickling. I have some too, maybe we can have a tickle battle!

seems "boom" spell is broken again:-(

Details please. Unable to troubleshoot without some idea of what is "broken" about it.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

It depends which server board I think is which.

There seems to be absolutely no problem with the "Boom!" spell for me. The animation plays and it casts. It's probably something client-side for Lov.

Bahl'kuk Gatherers have a very generous drop rate. In about 26 kills, I had 13 ears, 8 fingers and any that did not drop comps dropped trophies. Not sure if that is intended, but after a day of hunting in the Spiritous Swamp, it seemed out of place. Can provide logs if need be.

It was a little high. Thanks.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; September 28th, 2012 at 10:26 AM.
    Ssilmath Torshak, Paladin of the Lost, Shaman of the Damned, Master Armorsmith

My other "crack would be cheaper" hobby
    http://ssilmath.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    seems "boom" spell is broken again:-(

Details please. Unable to troubleshoot without some idea of what is "broken" about it.
    If you cast the spell-the little firework does not show.
    Though it says: You cast Boom !

Bloodskulk Bloodmage used Coordinated Bolt IX on me for flame damage, rather than spirit as would be expected.

Got it. Thanks.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; September 29th, 2012 at 10:45 AM.
    Ssilmath Torshak, Paladin of the Lost, Shaman of the Damned, Master Armorsmith

My other "crack would be cheaper" hobby
    http://ssilmath.deviantart.com/

Is it intended that right click-> close window closes every single window on your UI? And that clicking "cancel" on the options for a tab closes the tab? If so, it's kind of annoying.

I have to apologize.

Boom spell is NOT broken.
    My fault. Sry for inconvenience

what happened to greater anchor mob spawn?

few weeks ago he spawned his mobs normally. ppl were able to take out enough to get close and attack the anchor. now you take a group there, kill 5 mobs and the anchor instantly respawns the 5 back, before you have a chance to kill any others. his spawn of mobs is now 3 x's higher than before. he is currently spawning about 25-30 mobs. and insta-respawning the ones killed.

please look into this issue

this is a known issue that the technical team is looking into.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; October 9th, 2012 at 09:27 AM.

Missing spells from Beginer Scholar Trainers.

It seems all the Beginner Scholar trainers have all the same spells, except these two spells, which varies on trainers.

Beginner Group Health I
    Beginner Mystic Blaze I

Beginner Scholars that have this included/excluded in their trade list:

Sslanis: NO
    Kion: NO
    Dalimond: YES
    New Trimus: YES

Seems kind of confusing that I can't simply say Go to Beginner Scholar trainer for Group Health I or Mystic Blaze I, except Sslanis and Kion.

Also the only Beginner Spellcrafter trainer (Dalimond) also misses those two forms.

Normally the beginner, jman and expert trainers spell list match and they all sell the exact same thing. So basically the beginner-expert scholar/spellcrafter trainers' list of spells for sale is identical except those two forms (for sale at NT and dalimond scholar only).

If you decide to go into the database and update this; Then perhaps you could go ahead and update Fillet, the beginner confectioner in Sslanis. All confectioner trainers sell red and green licorice EXCEPT him (See thread post 283123). That also is confusing that you have to remember to avoid one of the most popular confectioner trainers to buy those.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; October 10th, 2012 at 05:15 AM.

Sorry to add another post. Too late to edit again. I just went through the list and revisted all the trainers. Noticed it wasn't just the two spells of Group Health I and Mystic Blaze I. The full list at bottom of post.

But, here is what I'm seeing:
    Dalimond and New Trismus scholar trainers have a huge list of Spell forms for sale.
    Sslanis and Kion scholar trainers have a limited list of spells for sale.
    In addition, the only Beginner Spellcrafter trainer (Dalimond) also carries this 'limited' list of spells for sale.

This seems to defy logic of where one would try to go and buy the form. From a new player perspective, I would assume that whatever city I visit, would have the same set of things for sale.

Ok, so instead of Group Health and Mystic Blaze in previous post, here is the full list of spells you can buy at Dalimond and New Trismus scholar trainers, but not in Kion or Sslanis. Nor the Dalimond Spellcrafter trainer.

Blight Ward
    Brittle
    Daunting Mist
    Debase
    Dispel
    Earthen Crust
    Energy Attack
    Energy Resistance
    Energy Strike
    Energy Ward
    Enhance Armor, Str, Dex, Focus, Power, Health
    Ensnaring Roots
    Ethereal Paroxysm
    Fiery Strike
    Flame Attack
    Flame Resistance
    Flame Ward
    Flame Wave
    Freeze
    Group Health
    Ice Attack
    Ice Hammer
    Ice Resistance
    Ice Ward
    Lessen Armor, Str, Dex, Focus, Power, Health
    Lightning Bolt
    Lightning Storm
    Major Health
    Malady
    Mark
    Mystic Blaze
    Nature Resistance
    Nature Ward
    Numbing Haze
    Sear
    Shocking Blast
    Soften
    Soul Shield
    Spirit Resistance
    Stone Fist
    Theft of Life
    Thunder
    Warped Perception
    Withered State
    Last edited by Cegaiel; October 10th, 2012 at 06:36 AM.

The Dalimond and New Trismus Scholar trainers were out of sync, I have corrected that internally for the next patch. Thank you.

The Journeyman and Expert Scholar Trainers have no spells on purpose.

I have also sync'd the Spellcrafter Trainers to match the proper list.

Group Health and Mystic Blaze were not meant to be sold by vendors so this was corrected in this update.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I cannot copy my character to blight. I can click on Copy a bazillion times in the launcher, but nothing happens. As I cannot copy characters anymore through play.istaria.com, I have no way to copy something currently.

PS: Yes, I still have free character slots available

PSPS: Ok, found on the website where I can copy it. Still not working on launcher, which would be nice

To be fixed by launcher team.
    Last edited by Velea; November 13th, 2012 at 04:53 PM.

When changing forms (Dragon->Khutit, Khutit->Dragon) and the transformation isn't done yet, recalling or porting totally breaks the game. One cannot port or recall then anymore until relogged and the character visible for others is on totally different places than what yourself is really seeing.

Minor issue, but is noted internally for client team.
    Last edited by Velea; November 13th, 2012 at 04:53 PM.

In the description of the debuff "Sprayed with Beetle Acid", there is a typo.

"You are covered in acid from a Brachnia Beetle. And it hurts!"
    Instead of
    "You are covered in acid from a Brachina Beetle. And it hurts!"

The separation between the two sentences also seems to be double-spaced, but that could just be me.

Missed for the fall, but should be fixed for winter update.
    Last edited by Velea; November 13th, 2012 at 04:54 PM.

Players using Kirasanct Travel Scrolls land player on ground underneath main building at Kirasanct, rather than on the Kirasanct arrival pad on second floor of main building. Hopefully this rather annoying bug can be smashed.

Knossos (Order Shard)

This is a known issue.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; November 2nd, 2012 at 04:16 PM.

Thread Information