Thread: Freezing and crashing

Default Freezing and crashing

Ever since last Tuesday, I have been freezing and crashing much more often than usual. I can't even teleport without crashing now most of the time and its driving me crazy.

Default Re: Freezing and crashing

Best thing to do when you have a problem with Istaria is manually clear your world cache.
    Glindor Occulus - Ancient Dragon - 100/80/25 - (Chaos)
    FaffyMuncher - Half-Giant - 86 ELAR 30 RNGR 20 KNOC 30 OUT 25 BLK 15 MAS - (Chaos)

Cave draconis.

It worked! Thank you.

I'm kind of curious if those experiencing frequent crashes updated their system specs when the new launcher asked for them or not.

The reason I thought of it is, one of my subs came up for renewal. After I renewed it, the launcher popped up with the review specs window. Because I had just recently updated them, I clicked the 'remind me in a month' button. Subsequently in game, I froze up a couple of times and had to restart from the open launcher window. Finally I logged out completely and restarted the launcher. This time I updated my specs and now everything seems to be running fine.

Does the launcher default back to some setting other than what was last saved by the computer in use when it requests a spec update?

My experience has led me to believe that the "remind me in one month" bit does not actually suppress a spec update request for a month. Then again, I do all sorts of strange stuff to my client install, so that may be related to the launcher's apparent amnesia.

I can say, however, that the system specs recorded by the launcher are not used by the actual istaria.exe client. As such, as frustrating as it is, any apparent correlation between updating system specs and client stability is pure coincidence.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

It depends which server board I think is which.

The amnesia is present to me too. Just thought I'd mention.. ;p

Thread Information