Thread: Remade character deleting older characters ui?

Unhappy Remade character deleting older characters ui?

So I remade a alt of mine, same name and race as before, new design. I start it up, first problem: I see the character creation screen. (I have set the prefs to not show the loading screen) second problem: Logging to an older, established character, they have the same set up as the remade character. not a big problem with the lesser played alts, but I logged my main character and her ui was a mess. I've just finished resetting her up for combat and spells.

Now, I know there is a way around this, copying and pasting the prefs and such, but how to prevent this from happening again? or better, why might this have happened? I've remade alts before and never had the issue of them resetting other alts uis, so why would it start now?

Any help is appreciated, and if this is too confusing, please let me know. ^^;
    Denaryr, ancient, 100/100/36/10Fireth, ancient, 100/100/19

Default Re: Remade character deleting older characters ui?

That's a weird issue. As far as I know, your other characters' UIs should not have been affected by the deletion and recreation of another character. I wonder if there was actually something else that caused it that simply coincided with your remaking of that character. Weird stuff can happen to prefs on rare occasions.

The only way to really protect your prefs is to back them up. When you've got your setup how you want it, copy and paste the pref folder somewhere safe outside of the Istaria directory.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Default Re: Remade character deleting older characters ui?

I have done that now, but only after it messed up 2 other alts plus the mian. I also deleted the remade characters prefs from the directory, then relogged it. That seems to have helped, at least the character creation screen is gone when I log in. It's just really weird what happened.
    Denaryr, ancient, 100/100/36/10Fireth, ancient, 100/100/19

Thread Information