Thread: Blight 230 Discussion

Default Blight 230 Discussion

The broken dragon scales are interesting.....

Questions:
    • Why was armor not included on the pieces? Way back when, armor was added to all scales as an inherent bonus?
    • Why are there no sockets on any pieces?
    • The priceless tail scale has "Storm Ward" as one of the techs. What exactly does that do?
    • Why is there no speed or velocity techs on the wings?
    • Unless I missed it in the broken scale formula, I didn't see anything for dragon claws. Is that intention?
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Default Re: Blight Update 230

I sincerly hope the claws are to follow.... although perhaps its a case of "scales for dragons" and "weapons for bipeds".

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

No, Armor is not meant to be included on all pieces. Armor is a stat just like all the other stats for purposes of these repaired scales.

You can choose socketing on the T6 pieces only, as they are the only ones with techniques. The items were balanced with this in mind.

The Storm Ward is a bug where I must have entered a number wrong.

Because adding speed and/or velocity isn't something which felt balanced.

There are no plans to add claws, no.
    Last edited by Velea; September 25th, 2012 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Double checked numbers and scales and answered all questions

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post

How would it not be balanced when bipeds get a rather large speed buff on the necklace (and no i am not turning this into a biped dragon thing as I am heavy invested in both)

There are no plans to add claws, no.

and as for the claws I find that very very disappointing

"

Default Re: Blight 230 Discussion

Disappointed with the broken scales.

My level 80 T5 triple teched and socketed scales give better overall bonuses than using the Lvl 100 version of the broken scales.

Don't see any reason to make or use any of them, of no benefit
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

You can choose socketing on the T6 pieces only, as they are the only ones with techniques. The items were balanced with this in mind.
    You can only place a single socket giving at max a +65 bonus using a lvl 100 stat crystal.

T5 triple socketed equivalent allows 3 x +65 stat crystal bonuses.

3x socketed T6 broken pieces will yield 3x +65 stat crystal bonuses.

3x socketed T5 scales will yield 9x +65 stat crystal bonuses (even more if I was to include chest scale)

I really don't see this as balanced.

However the one of the adamantium jewellery pieces (necklace) on bipeds adds a speed bonus. I don't get it, what am I missing here?
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

The dragon broken items are meant to be an alternative to regular crafted items. Players can "mix and match" items, or go with a full set of one or the other as they wish.

But just to clarify, all the T6 repaired scales should allow for a socket, if they don't then it's a bug. And when you combine that with the base stats, it is an alternative for those who choose.

And sorry, Chasing, but the "the bipeds get it, why don't the dragons" argument falls on deaf ears. Bipeds aren't dragons, and dragons aren't bipeds.

You can only place a single socket giving at max a +65 bonus using a lvl 100 stat crystal.

T5 triple socketed equivalent allows 3 x +65 stat crystal bonuses.

3x socketed T6 broken pieces will yield 3x +65 stat crystal bonuses.

3x socketed T5 scales will yield 9x +65 stat crystal bonuses (even more if I was to include chest scale)

I really don't see this as balanced.
    T5 Triple-socketed scale. +75 inherent bonus (2 stats), +65 for each Level 100 Stat Crystal. Total bonus of 270.

T6 broken scale. +210 inherent bonus (6 stats), +65 for one Level 100 Stat Crystal. Total bonus of 275.

Thats what Velea meant by balanced. Less flexibility in stat bonuses, but boosts more stats overall ending with around the same amount of bonus.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    T5 Triple-socketed scale = Total bonus of 270.
    T6 broken scale.= Total bonus of 275.
    Am I reading this correctly? If so seems a lot of programming effort for a bonus of only 5? Not sure it is totally worth it for my particular build, but maybe some may find it useful.

Again if I am missing something, I would like it to be clarified.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimir View Post
    Am I reading this correctly? If so seems a lot of programming effort for a bonus of only 5? Not sure it is totally worth it for my particular build, but maybe some may find it useful.

Again if I am missing something, I would like it to be clarified.
    The idea was never to provide an item that was better than a crafted scale. Loot in Istaria, with but a few exceptions, is never meant to invalidate crafted equipment. Rather, the goal was to provide alternatives to crafted gear. Biped broken gear works in a similar manner.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    The idea was never to provide an item that was better than a crafted scale. Loot in Istaria, with but a few exceptions, is never meant to invalidate crafted equipment. Rather, the goal was to provide alternatives to crafted gear. Biped broken gear works in a similar manner.
    but Amon both T5 and T6 are crafted one just requires you to find tech comps the other broken item comps.

"

I am totally confused now-
    will ask my biped friends about their broken items again-
    before I say: "I always thought that drags do not need that^^"
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

But just to clarify, all the T6 repaired scales should allow for a socket, if they don't then it's a bug. And when you combine that with the base stats, it is an alternative for those who choose.
    They are bugged then, tail, hindleg, back, wing do not allow socketing.

And sorry, Chasing, but the "the bipeds get it, why don't the dragons" argument falls on deaf ears. Bipeds aren't dragons, and dragons aren't bipeds.
    Agreed, it should be Velocity not Speed

T6 broken scale. +210 inherent bonus (6 stats), +65 for one Level 100 Stat Crystal. Total bonus of 275.
    Sorry Amon I am referring to stats only, not stats and skills. We gain more from using stats than we do from skills in damage dealt. +65 of power for example is much better than +35 of dragon breath (65 power /50 = 1.3, 35 dragon breath /75 = 0.467)
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Thread Information