Thread: Crafting for Dragons

Default Crafting for Dragons

So, I have been on this character for a long time now. I had been working on quests so hard that I forgot one thing: crafting. Now I pay the price with a adventure level of 31 and a crafting level of 15. I think I am almost ready for my RoP, just need to do this. I'm making this topic for some suggestions, what is a decent way to level up craft quicker?

Default Re: Crafting for Dragons

hehe
    You want to go to Nuthala first, gather sandstone and process it inot stone, then spellshards, then whatever spell which you are at minimal skill for (journeyman spellcraft shop there helps alot with the xp)
    then at lv30-49 in snowfall for slate, there is alot of silos, here you won;t make any spells, just the spellshards
    49-69 is debatable, but i would suggest drift point for granite.

P.S no hiring anyone

Quote Originally Posted by Azath View Post
    hehe
    You want to go to Nuthala first, gather sandstone and process it inot stone, then spellshards, then whatever spell which you are at minimal skill for (journeyman spellcraft shop there helps alot with the xp)
    then at lv30-49 in snowfall for slate, there is alot of silos, here you won;t make any spells, just the spellshards
    49-69 is debatable, but i would suggest drift point for granite.

P.S no hiring anyone
    Thanks Azath! And...If this doesn't work I could always hire you to get me stone...

Sandstone spellshards and spells are popular because you will only need stone to make them. Every tier after that (slate, granite, etc) you'll also need orbs to make a complete spell, which turns many people off.

Stone or metal dragon scales are another popular option, when it's possible to get all the machinery somewhere convenient. You'll never need other materials to make the finished product, so the only reason it's not more popular is the infrequency of anvils or scaleforges where people wish they were.

In terms of what KIND of scales or spells to make, people usually pick one of two approaches:
    • Make the most difficult thing you can make at optimum efficiency, to maximize how much material you'll get back when deconstructing it.
    • Make the most difficult thing you can make at all, to maximize how much experience you get per thing made.

You'll find advocates for both approaches at different points. Personally I think both approaches are pretty efficient and have never seen definitive evidence one way or the other (too many variables!) so do what you think best or most fun.

*Nods* Okay, just made a bunch of Countercheck Primal spells and I almost got to level 16 from abour 20% of 15. Thanks everyone for your help.
    Kuleme Seawing- Ancient Dragoness of Order- 100/31/11
    "Hm...Do I play too much Istaria?"
    *Thinks*
    "Yeah, I think so, too."

Here's another tip: as soon as you reach 20,do the cargo disk quests. It's a lot bigger and having 6,000 capacity to mine into helps a bunch.

Thread Information