Thread: KNoC Defensive Build

Default KNoC Defensive Build

Sooo, I'm a KNoC and I was wondering how I can level and get the most out of block/parry/dodge/evasion. Currently, I can't really tell (aside from block) what attributes affect each of them...

I'm a male Dryad and I've been putting my skills into dex/evasion as well as 1h slash and block. I'm a 2nd level KNoC and quite frankly, I hardly ever block anything... I think I've parried once and I don't believe I've ever dodged anything. My evasion was good at lower levels, but it seems enemies have caught up and can hit me with little effort.

I plan on banging out 10 levels of Monk, possibly 12 for the dodge bonus and dex bonus, after that I'll level Druid as high as I can (most likely 17) for natures fury and later on the Forest mists/damage reduction skills.

Are there any tips from KNoC players out there? Is the shield still as bad as some of the older posts make it out to be? If so, that's kind of silly that the devs have not fixed in 6+ years.

Thanks,
    Quiiliitiila

Default Re: KNoC Defensive Build

You have to keep in mind that biped playing is balanced around multi-classing. A low level single class will not perform at all. A low level multiclassed will not perform any better due to the need to double the level you got a masterable ability to actually master it.

For example getting to 22 in spearman class will give you an aditional block bonus. To master that ability and use it as a knoc, you need to reach lvl 44 as spearman.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Quote Originally Posted by Northwind View Post
    You have to keep in mind that biped playing is balanced around multi-classing. A low level single class will not perform at all. A low level multiclassed will not perform any better due to the need to double the level you got a masterable ability to actually master it.

For example getting to 22 in spearman class will give you an aditional block bonus. To master that ability and use it as a knoc, you need to reach lvl 44 as spearman.
    As a KNoC I already have 20 levels of war and mage. On top of that I also have 10 levels of cleric and as of now just about 10 levels of monk (for foresight and dodge/evasion bonus).

I plan on leveling KNoC up to 100 first, then moving on to another class to level and gain the possible benefits that could be entailed. Like spearman to 44, and Druid ect.

But, do you know if the block bonus on the Shield of Creation levels? Or is it still broken? Some of the old posts from as far back as 6 years ago say that the shield is broken and needs some dev love... Has the love been administered yet?

Thanks,
    Quiiliitiila

Spearmans lv 44 bloack bonus being mastered would help yes.
    However i all honesty crafted weapon and shield is generally better than the knocs abilities to create their own shield and sword for a main reason is sockets for crystals.

I staying knoc then at least mage to 100 so you have access to all of the mage type spells that normally knoc would not have the skills to use.

Healer would give you 2 spell heals and two instant heals. thats my quick opinion about this. i have little experience on knoc other than if i remember right knoc really has no masterable skills.

Battle mage does get some masterable skills like shimmer field that raise block bonus and parry bonus though

Quote Originally Posted by starlight View Post
    Spearmans lv 44 bloack bonus being mastered would help yes.
    However i all honesty crafted weapon and shield is generally better than the knocs abilities to create their own shield and sword for a main reason is sockets for crystals.

I staying knoc then at least mage to 100 so you have access to all of the mage type spells that normally knoc would not have the skills to use.

Healer would give you 2 spell heals and two instant heals. thats my quick opinion about this. i have little experience on knoc other than if i remember right knoc really has no masterable skills.

Battle mage does get some master-able skills like shimmer field that raise block bonus and parry bonus though
    Yeah, I understand that the KNoC may not be the best class in the game, but I like it. The shield is in fact not the best, however even not being socketed, the sword is still very powerful.

I think my game plan is going to be KNoC up to 100, then level cleric or druid for healing, after that spearman for the block.

-Quiiliitiila

I would strongly advise one of the mage classes (mainly mage like starlight stated) so that you get access to all those spells) as for heals... cleric gets adept healer.. not sure if druid does.

Although quilli I would stay stick with your char concept. what might not work for others may work for you.. besides the aim is to have fun not necessarily to be a carbon copy of everyone else

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Quote Originally Posted by Arzel Rashemi View Post
    I would strongly advise one of the mage classes (mainly mage like starlight stated) so that you get access to all those spells) as for heals... cleric gets adept healer.. not sure if druid does.

Although quilli I would stay stick with your char concept. what might not work for others may work for you.. besides the aim is to have fun not necessarily to be a carbon copy of everyone else
    I was thinking Cleric anyway, for the reasons you stated. Druid mainly because of the perma buffs and nature's fury.

But, first I'll get 100 in a single class I'm shooting for KNoC, but as I raise in levels, I may need those heals too.

I don't know how ideal it'd be for shoring up your spell gaps, but don't forget that Scholars make lots of scrolls: Gifts, Resistances, some simple Heals... and they only require current crafting or adventuring level to use them!

If you have friends who'll slather you in buffs every time they run out, it's less useful-- except maybe those heals. Those look nice anyways.

Main reason i suggested healer was for the extra survival chance increase with the 2 instant heals.

yes i forgot druid my bad on that one a druid can master 3 very useful abilities. Natury fury, detox self and detox other.

detox is useful as it usually targets the largest threat debuff or dot on your char to remove it before it can do any real harm

the mage school you can use the bolt spells while leveling the other schools along with using trophies as well

I am also a dryad, heavily multi-classed, and I like your jibe
    I'm not here to tell you what to do, just some pointers and observations.

Taking monk to 100 gives excellent evasion and dexterity. Can't get hurt if they can't hit you. Berserker and fitter give excellent strength, zerk gives excellent two-hand slash as well. Knoc's can also use the Demongii, a wonderfully fun weapon.

Multi-classing can be a lot of fun, but to each their own. Battlemage can provide some other magic skills, spells and abilities. A few lvls of Druid for Nature's Fury is handy I'm bias on druid, as that is and always has been my main adventure school. Don't dismiss Healer for any mix; buffs and heals are always in short supply Naturally, taking mage to 100 to fill out the magic skills is helpful.

Istaria Wikia has helpful info on abilities, not sure how detailed... istaria-guides.com may aid as well

Good luck and happy hunting.
    See yas in Istaria!
    Last edited by hallucin8; October 12th, 2012 at 01:54 PM.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

So, how did you end up building out your KnoC? What classes have you done so far?

well I have the following. Warrior Mage Cleric Monk Battlemage Conjuror and KNoC all to 100 now working wizard.

I was thinking of adding perhaps spearman but not really sure its necessary since I get the shield bonus as a KNoC anyway. Other than that not really sure what is worth adding from a defensive point of view. otherwise going to add Sorc into the mix eventually

Should be a pretty strong toon already. Spearman I believe you take to 44 to get a passive +20 block boost. You will want at least 72 wizard for accelerate.

Do you still use Knoc as your main class?

Thread Information