Thread: I am Lost and I Need Advice

Default I am Lost and I Need Advice

Hello fellow gifteds,

I am a newbie around here. I am level 12 now and I am kinda stuck. I came across this quest in New Trismus and I can not survive it. They (Defenders inside New Trismus Dead Lands) fight as a group and I can not survive multiple of them. What should I do? Should I try and craft better gear or grind some more mobs and get to a higher level? I also posted my gear and statistics so that you guys and gals can see my current gear and build. What should I do to get stronger? Should I try a different Training build? What am I doing wrong?

Thank you very much.

Default Re: I am Lost and I Need Advice

A trick to picking out a single mob from large groups is to slooooooowly walk up to one (from a safe spot) till you are close enough that it aggros you and attacks. Then just back up a little so that you don't accidentally aggro another one. When done correctly, you'll only have one mob running towards you, allowing you to pick it off easily. You don't want to throw a range attack in order to pull them, else you risk pulling multiple mobs which can easily overwhelm you.

If that fails, bring a friend to come help you, the company is always better.

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

I'm guessing you're a warrior?
    It might help a bit to have teched gear but the mobs in the deadlands are more meant to be tackled in a group.
    Your best bet is to try and find some other people that also need to kill them or are willing to help. I have a biped around your level so feel free to send me a tell if you want some druid backup. =)
    Glindor Occulus - Ancient Dragon - 100/80/25 - (Chaos)
    FaffyMuncher - Half-Giant - 86 ELAR 30 RNGR 20 KNOC 30 OUT 25 BLK 15 MAS - (Chaos)

Cave draconis.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthia View Post
    A trick to picking out a single mob from large groups is to slooooooowly walk up to one (from a safe spot) till you are close enough that it aggros you and attacks. Then just back up a little so that you don't accidentally aggro another one. When done correctly, you'll only have one mob running towards you, allowing you to pick it off easily. You don't want to throw a range attack in order to pull them, else you risk pulling multiple mobs which can easily overwhelm you.
    First, thank you for your reply. Second, yes, I use this tactique very often. I got used to this tactique while I was trying to complete Reanimator quests. But the Mage Defenders in Deadlands won't leave me alone. =/

And also thanks to all of you for the heads up about grouping. I did not know it was a party quest. I will try to find a partner or partners to complete this. I was so worried I was doing something wrong.

That quest is a group quest. I'm afraid you will not be able to solo it at lvl 12.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

teehee, i had help from some very high level dragons on this one, finshed the quest at lv12 because of it
    if you are on the order shard i would be more than heppy to help if you sitll need it :3
    i suggest 1. Full platemail armours, 2. A good weapon; the best you can use, and 3. Get a nice group

Thanks for your offer. I am on Chaos. Two very helpful higher level players helped me to complete this fine quest. Apparently, it had three stages to complete. A dragon and a driad helped me. =) That helpful driad also crafted me some sweet plate gear. Now I can go to Kion and continue my journeys smoothly.

well my advice is to just go with someone who can rez you if possible and kill them

Quote Originally Posted by sparkcal View Post
    well my advice is to just go with someone who can rez you if possible and kill them
    Yup, killing the Rezzer is always helpful and fun

Quote Originally Posted by StokerBram View Post
    Thanks for your offer. I am on Chaos. Two very helpful higher level players helped me to complete this fine quest. Apparently, it had three stages to complete. A dragon and a driad helped me. =) That helpful driad also crafted me some sweet plate gear. Now I can go to Kion and continue my journeys smoothly.
    It was a pleasure to help you. I know the quest can be frustratingly difficult at times

Regards
    Shuran
    Shuran (Chaos) - 100/84/15 Drake

( sry derail:R O F L Hob- that made my day ).
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I will ask another question inside this topic, instead of creating a new one. We can all see newly posted messages from Today's Posts anyway.

I am level 16 now, thanks to all the help I got gearwise (I have full platemail armor), and I level kinda smoothly. Unless I go to places where I shouldn't, I am leveling pretty easy for now. So my question is this: Does leveling get harder and harder when I start to hit middle levels and then higher levels before 100 or does leveling have pretty much the same experience gain curve during every level? Will I spend days and days just to gain one more level or will it be the same difficulty?

Thanks.

It depends which server board I think is which.

I'm not sure for bipeds, but for Dragons (which may have a similar leveling pattern for the first school for bipeds) are smooth sailing at lvl 1-20, then get frustrating from 20-40, annoying at 40-60, then it's smooth sailing. 80-100 is the easiest if you go the way of trophies. They give TONS of exp.

Thread Information