Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wiki Update Project

It depends which server board I think is which.

Cool The Wiki Update Project

All of us here know that the Istaria wiki is outdated and unreliable, and I often hear mumbles and grumbles from newer players who try to reference off of it. I once had a friend who got completely wrong components for his scales by referencing off the wiki.

So, I've decided that instead of just grumbling about the Wiki... why not actually try to update it? I spent quite a few hours today adding in recent information about the Satyr Island slate/silver resources and even had to add a page on Belcharath. Everything regarding those resources should be correct now. I'm also working on adding pages for the Volcano questline, but due to my inactivity in Istaria, I haven't gotten much farther than the second part so far.

Of course, I can't really update every single bit of information on the wiki unaided. Well, I could, but it'd take many months/years. So I'm asking you, the community of Istaria, to help! You don't really even need a wiki account to edit the pages. If the information is wrong, click edit and fix it! Missing a page? Add it in! Grammatical errors? Fix'em!

Or, at least, you could give others a pointer as to which pages are missing/outdated.

These are all the recent pages I've edited/created:

Formula: Algedian Silver Bar
    Formula: Elnathian Slate Rune
    Formula: Dahibian Slate Rune
    Formula: Corvian Slate Rune
    Formula: Algedian Slate Rune
    Formula: Elnathian Silver Bar
    Formula: Dahibian Silver Bar
    Formula: Corvian Silver Bar
    Formula:Algedian Silver Bar
    Corvian Slate Rune
    Corvian Silver Ore
    Corvian Slate Slab
    Corvian Silver Bar
    Corvian Resources
    Corvian Silver
    Corvian Slate
    Elnathian Slate Slab
    Elnathian Silver Ore
    Elnathian Slate Rune
    Elnathian Silver Bar
    Elnathian Slate
    Elnathian Resources
    Algedian Slate
    Algedian Resources
    Algedian Slate Rune
    Algedian Slate Slab
    Dahibian Silver Ore
    Dahibian Slate Slab
    Algedian Silver Ore
    Dahibian Slate Rune
    Dahibian Silver Bar
    Elnathian Silver
    Algedian Silver
    Breath of Fire: Create Bars of Elnathian Silver
    Breath of Lightning: Create Bars of Dahibian Silver
    Algedian Silver Bar
    Breath of Ice: Create Bars of Algedian Silver
    Bacharath

...Yeah. It's a lot. Which is why I'm asking for help. ;P

Also, I know I'm not the only one updating! I saw someone added the entire new Lunus RoP and added its own category not too long ago. Props to them!

Who here agrees that the wiki should be reliable once more?

Default Re: The Wiki Update Project

Awesome, thanks Racktor! I don't know if there's much I can add these days, but since this thread is here-- if people find pages that seem wrong but can't fix them, put a note in this thread so maybe someone else knows the page needs work? There might be a widget you can stick on individual pages too, but if so I wouldn't know what it is.

You're welcome! ^^

That's probably one of the main reasons why I made this topic. =P The only way I figured out all those pages were incorrect was because of the fact that I clicked 'random page' 10-20 times until I found the outdated "mine this from island of dahibi" and followed the chain of pages around.

Unfortunately, I don't think there's an option to flag a page for updating. D:

If someone could supply screenshots or ingame links of the spell "Binding Crystals" I - V, it would be greatly appreciate. The page(s) need updating and a page for the line of spells needs to be created.
    http://istaria.wikia.com/wiki/Binding_Crystals_V

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

awesome job, rack, and wonderful of you to do this! i use the wiki in my blog, accompanied by screenies.
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Will add some details on quests that are missing as I do them with a new character.

Alrighty, RuneDragoon. And thank you, Velveeta! It was frustrating me how outdated it was, haha.

Maybe this is a good time to ask, but is there a page for the Helian RoP? If not, could we get one? I'm nowhere near being able to do a run of one yet, or I'd offer at least my logs for a post once I'd done it.
    Denaryr, ancient, 100/100/36/10Fireth, ancient, 100/100/19

Some edits done to the NT dragon tutorial quests - rewards have been set to what they are now, and several places have had the dialogue filled in. I'm not totally done yet though, having stopped for now at 'learn to technique a claw'. I'll get it done later.

@silerth: I don't believe there is, but I'm at the point of RoP on a Helian character, just waiting for my friend. (Who hasn't logged in ages :/ ) I can make the pages and fill in the steps and info if I'm provided the information, tho.

I have also updated the page Dragon General Help by removing the reference to the channel named "???" as a help source, and added information on contacting other players with general meeting places.

Edit: Updated the 'text commands' page with removing redundant information and adding new commands.
    Last edited by Racktor; October 22nd, 2012 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by silverth View Post
    Maybe this is a good time to ask, but is there a page for the Helian RoP?
    Yup. I wish it took less searching to find, but everything is there.

Take your pick of links:
    The pre-pre-quest is... possibly optional, for pre-50 hatchlings only? Don't remember.
    This pre-quest page has links to the first step of both the Helian and Lunus rites.

1. I can promise you that the quests are at least dated to after the first big Rites revamp (the revamp that turned them from a disorderly pile of quests flying at you without clear progression into a much less insane series of steps). I don't know how much they've changed since then.
    2. Quest pages on the wiki usually only contain what shows up in the quest log with maybe a few player-added notes; if someone wants to transcribe the FUN bits of questing (what NPCs say) into there, well...!

The first link is more or less correct, but I believe the second one is incorrect. Karane no longer tells you anything about the peak, I believe... I'd have to check. But I think Silverth meant a walkthrough for the entire new Helian RoP, which doesn't exist. :P

Why with the edit time limit?!

Thought I'd proudly mention that I added every single one of the 106 Istarian commands to the list on the Text Commands page.

It took hours. The info/description boxes left blank means that it does nothing.

After a long and tedious day/night, I finally updated and generalized the main 'beetle' enemy type page, and added separate pages for each and every type of beetle. (And edited the Brachina Beetle page.)
    Here are the pages:
    Beetle
    Loricatus Beetle
    Ulmus Beetle
    Nix Beetle
    Ice Beetle
    Flame Beetle
    Fire Beetle
    Sand Scarab
    Giant Ice Beetle
    Giant Flame Beetle
    Giant Fire Beetle
    Brachina Beetle

If there's any errors or missing data... it's because I either
    A) Overlooked it
    or B) Couldn't test it on any character due to level graps.

If you see errors, please fix them yourself, I am so sick of beetles.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

you are AWESOME!!!!!

want you to know that i blogged about your quest: http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs/velveeta...anx-to-racktor
    Last edited by velveeta; October 24th, 2012 at 03:20 AM. Reason: giving cred where it is due
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Thank you, velveeta! I'm honored.

I have now edited even more pages. I'm really wasting my days doing this... but I find it strangely amusing. Remind me to add in the quest dialogue from Avariatus about the factions on the faction pages.

m = modified, n = new
    Updated/Created pages:
    Dragon m
    Drulkar's Wrath n
    Helian m
    Malganival Lunus n
    Lunus m
    Lunus Faction n
    Helian Faction n
    Great Schism n

In the spirit of Racktor's awesomeness, I've modified Son of Gigaroth's page with a map of approximate spawns/paths and added a smidge of text to the Combat Tactics sub-section. I realise this will probably only help but a few others, but if it helps at least one person I figure that's a plus. Should anyone visit the page, there is a shameless plug there referring to myself, so if you feel this is unnecessary feel free to remove it. Just wanted to mention it so others have hope of collecting the full Demon set as I have.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

I'm not that awesome....

It's fine that you referenced yourself; adding a contact for help is welcomed, I'm sure. (As a new person and even now I find it troubling to find someone who has a good idea of some things...)

Anyways, I've added the page Deadlands as a bit of lore/information regarding them, and updated the Eastern Deadlands & Western Deadlands with some pictures and the latter with more information. I also created the Summer Festival page but I'm very tired and lacking lots of information and images from that page. I'd appreciate anyone adding in information or creating pages for the patterns. I'd do it myself but as I said, I'm super duper tired from a long week.

Gnight all.

Edit: Golden Apple, because apples.

Added page Festival Crypt and edited the page Festival Grounds. It was outdated and only had 1 line of text on it. Following up to that, I created a page for the Costumed Dragon, whom is currently alone at the Festival Grounds. Poor guy.

Also added some images in for the dragon headscales and made a chart for both headscales and masks on the page masks. Also in spirit of the season, I created a lore-page for Burnbones.

Thread Information