Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wiki Update Project

Default Re: The Wiki Update Project

Quote Originally Posted by Kida View Post
    Uh... please continue to read my second point, as that one is the main reason why I don't want to put locations on the directory page. The first is assuming other users would go through all the trouble to do that, which (as Wiki Activity shows) is highly unlikely since hardly anyone edits in the first place... And again, the stats such as levels are there so that viewers of the page can order the Beetles by either alphabetical order OR by level/tier, giving them the choice for their own convenience.

Also, putting a huge list with dozens of images is definitely not user-friendly, ESPECIALLY towards people with slow computers. And "page after page after page"? Is it REALLY so difficult to go to Creatures > Beetles > Specific Beetle Name? Really? It's one extra click, for pity's sake. Or, better yet, use the search function that the wiki provides, because that's there too. Newbies will more than likely know how to use the search bar.

Amazing how I do hundreds of edits to make the site easier to browse and search for specific terms, and people complain about a single page where the content wasn't even deleted; just moved and simplified. Oi vey.
    Actually this was't the first complaint I've heard since the new changes went in. The first was regarding the main page. Which I have heard more than a few complain about but I'll let them name themselves if they choose to. And as for my opinion not affecting the case we were asked our opinions so I voiced it.

I had something typed, but messed up and lost it. -is too lazy to retype it-

I could quote people, but I'll just say this: a community project should be discussed with the community, through the forum where most will see the questions. Simply trying to get people to discuss it on the wiki wasn't the best idea. And the attitude when people are upset over the changes you did to their hard work, work which took months to put together into a easy to read/use page, is not appreciated and yes you will get the reactions you've received.

I personally found the beetle page Racktor made very useful, it gave the image, and a general location of the beetles, which made it easy to find them. How it is now, yes that is a extra click I do not want to make, I don't want to have to search for the specific beetle either. You should have contacted Racktor and discussed the changes you wanted to make, I'm sure that would have gone over much better then how things are now.

But, I suppose Arzel might be right,
    Quote Originally Posted by Arzel Rashemi View Post
    I was under the impression the wiki was a community project. I guess not. The locations, or rather locations of the main or most well known spawn are more important than stats for a player.
    There, my two copper for what they're worth.

Edit: Also, I have to ask: Did you get permission from Symazok to use her images? Should that be considered for a public wiki?
    Last edited by silverth; August 29th, 2013 at 04:11 PM. Reason: added questions
    Denaryr, ancient, 100/100/36/10Fireth, ancient, 100/100/19

It depends which server board I think is which.

Before I write anything, I have to clarify that any sort of seemingly ego or me-above-all kind of attitude is completely unintended.

Quote Originally Posted by Kida
    I made it so that you don't have to go scrolling through a long list of beetles and images to get the information you need.
    That is what the navigation on the top of every page is for. Clicking the name of a beetle would instantly bring you to its image and general information of (if I remember correctly) its locations, weaknesses, and resistances. You didn't really have to scroll, you only had to click something, but scrolling worked, too, in case someone didn't want to load an entire other page.

You may want to watch your rude comments. I don't see how stream-lined and simple is "ugly".
    Their comment was an honest opinion of how they believe that the new update is 'ugly'. While it may not be your opinion, it's still theirs, and is to be respected. Steam-lined and simple to you can be ugly to others.

I would suggest an adblocker
    I have to say ad-blocker works in never giving me any virus alerts from the ads. (Never gotten a virus alert myself)

The reason why I changed your list was because it made the page extremely long and image-heavy. Most of the main creature type pages were like this. With the way it is now, it's streamlined and simple, and it makes it easier to access the information on individual creatures one needs. Sorry you did not like the change, but I was trying to make the wiki more organized and cleaner as a whole.
    I understand your reasoning but the images were certainly small enough to not completely lag someone's computer down, and to give a visualization of what they're going after. Someone might not know the name but just remember it by description, I.E. a returning player who doesn't know what a Nix Beetle is, and only recognizes it by the image. Without the images, they'd have to click every level 40-50 range and load their page to figure out if that's what they wanted.

The pages were kind of long because I wrote it down in paragraph style, so reading it was more pleasurable then being confronted with a chart. To make it more simple you could have just shrunken down the images, re-wrote the paragraphs into a list, and it'd have been half the size it is now.

two of them being Anonymous.
    I was one of the anonymous people there as I didn't log into my account for a while forgetfully.

And again, your opinion when it comes to how it looks doesn't really affect this case, as the list is stream-lined, simple, organized, and not image-intensive.
    Once again, your idea of steam-lined, simple, and organized isn't everyone's idea of steam-lined, simple, and organized. (Though I can't debate image-intensive.)

as that one is the main reason why I don't want to put locations on the directory page. The first is assuming other users would go through all the trouble to do that, which (as Wiki Activity shows) is highly unlikely since hardly anyone edits in the first place...
    I'd like to mention that the map pack can easily show every location simply by pressing M and looking for the right icons. Also, I did that personally to find all the locations when I made that page initially... not everyone is too lazy to go around and find coords. Also, just because no one edits much, doesn't mean that no one will put effort into their edits.
    I have only 400+ edits, but most of them was me adding a quest page or completely remodeling an old page. I did a lot of work per edit, rather than racking up a lot of edits due to adding a bunch of categories, as I see from the wiki activity. Simply said, I focused on quality over quantity. I'm not saying that you're doing the opposite, though.

Amazing how I do hundreds of edits to make the site easier to browse and search for specific terms, and people complain about a single page where the content wasn't even deleted; just moved and simplified. Oi vey.
    I daresay that sounds a bit egotistical, but I suppose that's my opinion. People can get attached to certain designs and layouts and may not like them changed. Sometimes simpler isn't better and moving content isn't better. It's like why the players get mad over the devs trying to make the game more interesting by renaming beetles; it's making it clearer and cooler, but people like the old ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverth
    I could quote people, but I'll just say this: a community project should be discussed with the community, through the forum where most will see the questions. Simply trying to get people to discuss it on the wiki wasn't the best idea. And the attitude when people are upset over the changes you did to their hard work, work which took months to put together into a easy to read/use page, is not appreciated and yes you will get the reactions you've received.
    That's better than anything I could have ever said.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverth
    You should have contacted Racktor and discussed the changes you wanted to make, I'm sure that would have gone over much better then how things are now.
    While that would be very appreciated, I believe they would have contacted me via the wiki and not the forums, the former of which I disappeared from for a long while due to school, friends, family, ect. I did make anonymous edits occasionally, though.

I still support the idea of combining the pages in a way that makes everyone happy.

Kida

Gonna address several people here now with just a general message: If you wanted to help the wiki, you would have been active and editing on it, end of story. Only about three people were still active and editing, and they were the ones who had a say in any changes. I shouldn't have to go OFF THE WIKI to ask questions about the WIKI. I checked several times here on the forum to see if anyone was even talking about it in the first place, and the only thread I found was this one (which hadn't been posted on SINCE MARCH) and the original thread for the Wiki (same deal there). You all keep saying "but this is a community project!!111" but I saw only three people ever contributing. If your complaints and comments are posted out of my sight, guess what, I can't take them into consideration. All the people I had talked to about my changes said they looked great and worked well.

I do not have to "ask permission" from editors of the page to improve it and make it more sleek and simple. THAT'S NOT HOW A WIKI WORKS. A wiki is a constantly changing, active environment, and if you're going to coddle every page you've typed up and spent tons of work on, then wiki editing is NOT for you. Images, once they're uploaded, are also put under a creative commons license, meaning users can use them as they see fit.

I changed the page for the better of the site, it's uniform with all of the other Creature Type pages, and it makes it easier to find what you're looking for specifically. I'm done with this silliness over one page.

I must ask you to please try and stay calm here. You seem to be getting rather hyped up.

If you wanted to help the wiki, you would have been active and editing on it, end of story.
    Not everyone has the time to, myself being an example.

I shouldn't have to go OFF THE WIKI to ask questions about the WIKI. I checked several times here on the forum to see if anyone was even talking about it in the first place, and the only thread I found was this one (which hadn't been posted on SINCE MARCH) and the original thread for the Wiki (same deal there).
    Just because a topic is old doesn't mean you cannot bump it, at least to say 'hey, Im trying to be an admin, whatcha think?' or something along those lines. This topic was dead because the wiki was being edited on its own and got its attention, and I also didn't have time to really post on this much, as I felt the edits were pretty good at the time. I couldn't find outdated pages either to quickly update, and re-visioning a creature page or adding a quest-line took too long for the little time I had.

Also, not many look at the talk pages on the wiki, and even less post on there. The forums are the #1 go-to. This is the forum site for the game of Istaria, and this is the topic for the Wiki. Everything posted here is relevant to the wiki and the game. The talk pages of the wiki were never used before or not for many years, so no one thought to look.

THAT'S NOT HOW A WIKI WORKS. A wiki is a constantly changing, active environment, and if you're going to coddle every page you've typed up and spent tons of work on, then wiki editing is NOT for you.
    I'm well aware, but changing information that is accurate and updating something that already works is something that the Istarians have a rough time with. Considering how the devs work... hehe. Fix what's broken, not what works, you know? You hear that a lot here and it's something that annoys everyone.

Images, once they're uploaded, are also put under a creative commons license, meaning users can use them as they see fit.
    Silverth was asking if you had permission, and was wondering if you uploaded it yourself without permission or not from a separate website. I'm pretty sure she's aware of what you mentioned.

I changed the page for the better of the site, it's uniform with all of the other Creature Type pages, and it makes it easier to find what you're looking for specifically. I'm done with this silliness over one page.
    It's only uniform because the other creature pages were outdated and I was working on getting them done, and only got half through, so they were all weird. Haven't really looked at all the new ones yet, as I still don't have time for large edits on the wiki with school starting.

Also, this isn't just 'silliness on one page'. This is about the entire wiki as a whole and listening to input from users.

You all keep saying "but this is a community project!!111" but I saw only three people ever contributing.
    Many people contribute indirectly. I am in many skype chatrooms with many friends that supply me with information, and I'm sure that happens with others, too. A community is a community nonetheless. Your viewers are equal to your contributers.
    Look at it like this:
    A game developer looks to feedback from their players to continue pushing their game into the right direction. They don't ask their fellow developers, nor their moderators, as that closed group generally drives a game into the ground.

The same is for this. A community project isn't just the admin and the editors, it is everyone who ever uses the wiki; they all have a say. At least, they do all deserve a say. That is what a community project is; the collaborative efforts of contributers and users.

Gonna address several people here now with just a general message: If you wanted to help the wiki, you would have been active and editing on it, end of story.
    One: I do not have the knowledge of the game as those I consider my elders for their years of playing and dedication to the game, so no I will not make a account to just let it rot. I am simply putting my input on the issue here, no need to get snappy in a discussion.

I checked several times here on the forum to see if anyone was even talking about it in the first place, and the only thread I found was this one (which hadn't been posted on SINCE MARCH) and the original thread for the Wiki (same deal there).
    Hey, question again: Did you ever ask in here if people were still active/interested in helping update the wiki?

Images, once they're uploaded, are also put under a creative commons license, meaning users can use them as they see fit.
    A simple yes would have sufficed, and I don't select the creative commons option on my submissions to dA.
    As it is, I instead searched up the image, one containing my own character which I gave no permission to be placed on the wiki, and read the comments.
    http://kryodrache.deviantart.com/art...ot-8-342265420

I feel there is a 50/50 divide on this, and I'll drop only after stating, I think a combined page would be nice. /I/ prefer having a image of a mob to better identify rather then clicking each link to try and see if that's the one.

Thumbs down Re: The Wiki Update Project

I've reviewed this thread, looked at the wiki pages, and listened in on an argument on one party's wiki wall. I would politely suggest that Kida hand over the position of admin to someone else (ANYONE else). My position rests on several observations. I will list them below.

1. Kida has been utterly rude to the community in question; I would go far as to call it outright contempt towards those who would offer her suggestions or attempt to curb her.. 'enthusiasm'.
    2. There have been complaints about her changes to the site by users with slower computers, but they have not been appropriately acknowledged.
    3. The page changed was functional as a questing reference; though it might 'look nicer' to someone who likes tables, it -does not- function better. The original beetle page provided general information on where to find an NPC, making it a 'one stop shop', something Kida does not seem to understand. If a user has a slow computer, or slow internet, this is definitely preferrable to two or three clicks on this new 'bell and whistle'd' wiki.
    4. In her wall post, Kida mentions having changed 'cluttered' pages. Multiple. These pages were cluttered for a reason, having been made by players, for quick, fairly simple reference by other players. An -ADMIN- is not there to impose his or her aesthetic ideals onto an entire wiki. Applying a similar definition to 'webmaster', they are there to make sure the Wiki runs smoothly (fail), is free of misinformation/useless babble (fail again, please check up on and LOCK those RoP pages if you want to do something useful), and is formatted in such a way not to 'look better', but to effectively convey the information that the user needs.
      -Someone who felt the need to stay anonymous argued her case, saying among other things that the page in question was 'cleaner', but I will snip back; 'clean' and 'reference' don't particularly belong in the same sentence, unless you are extremely skilled, which Kida was not. A reference page is meant to be a place to put and grab information; spiderweb networks of detail pages are pretty, if you're into that, but DO NOT WORK for reference purposes.

Now, I will admit to being biased. I -am- taking sides here, Racktor's to be very clear. However, I wouldn't say it's because we are friends; even before that point, Racktor was amiable and knowledgeable, answered many of my questions as I progressed from hatchling up to ancient, even answering a few queries on the ancient rites over skype-relay after circumstances left her with little time for Istaria. Further, her wiki pages -worked-. Remaining with relevant examples, I never found it necessary to click further than the general category on any pages structured as the Beetle page used to be. Even with my blazingly quick internet, I find it an inconvenience to search something out from a table, especially such a tiny and bland one, then click a link to it. When I'm looking for a particular mob, I want that mob -right that second-, have a general idea what it looks like, and may or may not have an out-of-date name from my quest description. Racktor's page provides exactly what is needed, while the new table is sorely lacking... And, I must surmise, so is the new admin.
    Last edited by deathwinged; August 29th, 2013 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Removed an idea stub.

I have one link for those who want to deal with it through the proper channels so it doesn't have to go back and forth here and give our own admins on the forums here a further headache. Admins of any wiki are accountable for their behavior and actions with their admin tools. If the admin of a wiki has been abusing their admin tools, and things have tried to be sortted out civilly, and that's not bringing a resolution to matters. Then you can report them for misconduct, even as a user. Its all explained in that link there.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Kida

Quote Originally Posted by silverth View Post
    A simple yes would have sufficed, and I don't select the creative commons option on my submissions to dA.
    As it is, I instead searched up the image, one containing my own character which I gave no permission to be placed on the wiki, and read the comments.
    http://kryodrache.deviantart.com/art...ot-8-342265420
    I misunderstood your point then; I did ask them for their permission, obviously, in the comments. The screenshot was taken by them, they are the one to have a say whether or not it is displayed.

As for the rest, I'm not going to waste my time on a reply. I've been the admin for a matter of days and people are calling for me to step down over one page? Alright then.

I'm placing protection on the beetle page and continuing my work on the wiki. I probably won't be replying to or checking this thread in the future, due to hostile and venomous behavior over nothing. Have a nice day everyone; if you need to contact me at all, do so on the wiki, thank you.

Well then.

I'm trying to be reasonable here, at least... I apologise if I offended you or anything. :/ I'm trying my best to keep a level head here, and it'd be within best interests to try and at least converse with us some..?

Only one person has asked you to step down and has stated their points for it, and while I can see their reasoning, I'm pretty neutral on their proposal as you /are/ a brand new admin and you /do/ deserve a chance. But.. seriously just locking the beetle page when no one has done anything to it editing wise and it's all been discussion is rather extreme. You're acting like your edits are the only ones that matter, not the ones that everyone else wants to happen, and that's not a good impression for you... you're probably not really going to read this anyway, so I guess it's in vain. I just want this solved and everything, but it seems it really can't be unless people start flooding your talk page on the wiki (which they can!).

Actually, also, no one has really been venomous. Just a bit annoyed and out of place, but venomous would be constantly talking you down and slipping insults.. which no one has clearly done.

Also, Arzel, wikipedia =/= wikia.

Hmm, well I'm done trying to debate this arguement. I do suggest however Kida that you review this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikiped...s_of_adminship and calm down.

Perhaps we all should, but I believe a admin should not just take full control of something and ignore/block the users from their voice and opinions in something they help build/edit and use. I find it wrong for you to put permissions on a page that people have stated they will not edit. Even if you don't reply here, I suggest you seriously calm down and rethink things, same to everyone else, myself included. I'm just as upset with what has gone on today, but I have tried my best to try and remain civil in this.

That said, I have no account on the wiki, and thus will not be contacting you there. I shall stick to the forums as that is where I would prefer communication. Feel free to poke me in a pm, but know that if it's angry I will not reply.

Good day to you.

Kida

At least you are willing to be polite, Racktor, and I thank you for that. Since you're willing to stay civil, I certainly don't mind replying to you. I did reply to your post on my wall with a solution after giving it thought during babysitting today; your version of the Beetle page can be made into a "Beginner's Guide for Beetles" and put into the Player Guides section of the wiki, if you'd like. That way, people can browse however they'd like.

The lock on the beetle page was a temporary and precautionary measure; since I worry that some of the others here may not be willing to work things out as you are, that's all. I'll remove it within a few days. As for slipping insults, I believe "if you want to do something useful" and "the new table is sorely lacking... And, I must surmise, so is the new admin." both classify as such.

My edits are obviously not the only ones that matter, but I am trying to make the wiki both easier to navigate and easier to search through as a whole. While it may inconvenience those who have used the wiki before and are used to the way pages used to look, I believe the new layouts will serve new wiki users much more.

I also want to add, as a general notice, that the front page may load slower for some, but it's not a necessary page to visit consistently. The navigation at the top is what most people should be using, and I can add more options to it as I see the need for them (high-traffic pages that are not there at the moment and the like). The reason why I made the page so ~flashy~ was to attract the attention of people who might not have heard of Istaria (since we are able to be randomly selected to be featured on the Wikia homepage).. The previous homepage was extremely bland and could have been confusing to people who do not know the game (how would they know what Formulas and Techniques are, etc). The current layout, however, is really only a few images (most of which are small) and tables with some fancier borders, so it shouldn't take more than a few seconds longer to load than usual. I would suggest anyone having trouble with slow loading on the homepage.. to maybe update your browser or use a different one, as tables shouldn't be slow to load.

Kida, to clarify my loading point; your cosmetic alterations to the site seem to be what is slowing it down. I wouldn't argue with your modifications to the homepage, but taking it to the extent of a whole-site change was a bit much. My point against your tables is that they do not work -nearly- as well for 'at a glance' referencing and add a click-and-wait or two to the process of finding whatever mob you want. Racktor had the right idea with her layout, which you could have improved with a table, but chose to replace. Also, sorry for the snark (except for that bit about the ROP pages; that wasn't snark, it would be more useful to fix that than bicker); I find acid in all forms is rather useful at eliciting responses.
    Arakk, Big Red Ancient of Order (100/94/46)
    Marekk, Timid Tinkerdragon of Order (21/40 hatchie)
    Araumus, 'That annoying Naka' of Order (Various-low)

Kida

Quote Originally Posted by deathwinged View Post
    Kida, to clarify my loading point; your cosmetic alterations to the site seem to be what is slowing it down. I wouldn't argue with your modifications to the homepage, but taking it to the extent of a whole-site change was a bit much.
    To be honest, I don't quite understand what you mean by this. The only "whole-site" changes I've made are adding a background, which is around the same file size as the previous one (or, at least, had an annoyingly small size limit), adding some links to the top-bar navigation, and changing the colors. There was no whole-site changes aside from those, and the changes I'm making to creature pages are reducing the size of the pages overall, making it a few faster-loading pages, rather than a large, longer load for a page.

Quote Originally Posted by deathwinged View Post
    My point against your tables is that they do not work -nearly- as well for 'at a glance' referencing and add a click-and-wait or two to the process of finding whatever mob you want.
    I mentioned this before, but now that each mob has its own page on the Wiki, it's fairly easy to just type the name of said mob into the search bar and go to its page to get details. There are VERY few cases of the mob name being wrong in Quest texts, and even then, if I run into an issue of this, it's easy enough to create a re-direct page that leads from the name in the Quest text to the actual creature name. As for the lack of images on the directory page, I have had a few ideas to correct the issue, but I'm still trying to figure out a clean way to execute it. I wish I could snap my fingers and make it happen, but unfortunately, I cannot, and WikiText can get extremely complicated.

I was going to reply in the wiki's chat, but it unfortunately doesn't want to work for me today. It's alright when it comes to the snark, I completely understand (though I would be careful from now on, some of what you said was quite hurtful). I apologize for a few of my past posts that may have come off as rude as well; I was awake at one in the morning with very little sleep, and I should probably learn to avoid the forums when I'm not feeling so well.

At least you are willing to be polite, Racktor, and I thank you for that. Since you're willing to stay civil, I certainly don't mind replying to you.
    You're welcome and I'm glad to hear.

your version of the Beetle page can be made into a "Beginner's Guide for Beetles" and put into the Player Guides section of the wiki, if you'd like.
    I was thinking on that too and was wondering if a sort of 'Reference Guides' category could be created, where it's literally a field reference guide like the books you can get. Image, name, location, like what I had. Kind of its own thing and not a simple category and could be made for other things, too, rather than just beetles? I think that'd be interesting, compiling an 'Istarian Reference Guide'.

The lock on the beetle page was a temporary and precautionary measure; since I worry that some of the others here may not be willing to work things out as you are, that's all. I'll remove it within a few days.
    Very pleased to hear that. I had initially understood you locked it just because you didn't want someone to touch your work.

As for slipping insults, I believe "if you want to do something useful" and "the new table is sorely lacking... And, I must surmise, so is the new admin." both classify as such.
    Eh, I seemed to have overlooked that. But that was still one person, out of the.. 3 or 4 posting here.

My edits are obviously not the only ones that matter, but I am trying to make the wiki both easier to navigate and easier to search through as a whole. While it may inconvenience those who have used the wiki before and are used to the way pages used to look, I believe the new layouts will serve new wiki users much more.
    I'm glad to hear that you're just trying to help everyone out overall, but sometimes just running ideas by others can also be a very good idea, too, so you can get input and suggestions and not only have to run off of your own conscience. I tend to do that with others, always asking them things and their opinions, so my ideas are catered towards others and not just what I'm thinking.

I also want to add, as a general notice, that the front page may load slower for some, but it's not a necessary page to visit consistently
    But it is the first page that most people go to when they poke the wiki. typing in 'istaria.wikia.com' brings you right there, and unless you type in, say, 'istaria.wikia.com/wikia/dragon', you're going to end up on the main page.

As for the lack of images on the directory page, I have had a few ideas to correct the issue, but I'm still trying to figure out a clean way to execute it.
    What about writing in "Design: Blue with turqouise sheen" or putting in a very small 100x50 pixel image of the mob?

I was going to reply in the wiki's chat, but it unfortunately doesn't want to work for me today. It's alright when it comes to the snark, I completely understand (though I would be careful from now on, some of what you said was quite hurtful). I apologize for a few of my past posts that may have come off as rude as well; I was awake at one in the morning with very little sleep, and I should probably learn to avoid the forums when I'm not feeling so well.
    Sorry if I had hurt your feelings at all. I'm very easily hurt myself, so some of this came as hurtful to me as well. I, myself, also wrote my initial post on your message board on the wiki at 11pm on a school night after starting up my computer specifically for that when I was unable to sleep. So I just kind of threw down what was on my mind... which seemed a bit bland. And rough. And maybe snarky, too. So I understand the 1am-troubles.

I'm not sure how you became administrator or how you plan on being such, but I do wish you luck and hope that we all can try and come to a clean slate or a level playing field here and sort everything out. I, myself, would have tried for being an admin had I known that it was possible. (I seemed to be having an ego of one in the earlier pages of this topic, as I was trying to guide everyone's efforts.) Currently if I applied for one it may seem ike I'm trying to be competition or something, and I don't want to seem to be turning this into some sort of weird Lunus vs Helian thing where, instead, it's Racktor vs Kida.

The slow down is caused by Ads. and Java and i still vote for the new page.
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

Or it could be by the slideshow on the main page, but I'm not really sure. Or the influx of images.

I'm not going to revert the page anymore, though. I'm more considering creating a separate page for a sort of reference guide as I said in the post directly before yours.

I've been one of the more ore less active editors to the wiki and I like the new layout and design. But what I can't understand is the changes you made on templates that worked in the past and now are borked up. I wanted to keep this on the wiki, but it also have affected others contributors work.

Try to edit this (and it affects A LOT of weapon pages)!
    http://istaria.wikia.com/wiki/Hatchet
    The wiki pastes error messages into the content that worked in the past, what the hell did you do on the templates?

Or look at this, also messed up now
    http://istaria.wikia.com/wiki/Demon_Claw
    http://istaria.wikia.com/wiki/Demonbane_Spike

I've spent A HELL LOT OF TIME the last year to edit all the weapon pages, now they can't be edited anymore, the wiki pastes error messages into the tables and other content. Well done, thank you, I'm really upset - and you've lost one of the last editors, this no way for me to work together on something.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Ter my friend- I am so sorry to see you that annoyed.
    I know how much of your rare time you`ve spend to support Istaria.

I am not into this
    is there really noone who can fix ?

We all should be aware how important that wiki is for Istaria and its survival.

Please- do not fight or flame but fix what is broken and bring back what is lost!
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I agree Lov, it would be really nice if what was broken and edited could be fixed or would be reverted, but I don't hold any hope for that. Just go read all the posts before yours from the beginning of this whole mess. People are upset and contributors are angry that their work is just flushed out the window, and thier voices and concerns are not being heeded.

I know how important this wiki is to Istaria and all of us. There is a way to fix it if compromise fails, but it means the entire community has to stand up for itself as a whole about these issues. It makes it pretty clear that it is up to the community as a whole to fix it.

The best outcome would be to compromise and find a way to work together, that way the situation can be resolved without outside interference. If the community feels that the admin shouldn’t be an admin anymore, they are free to propose that change in leadership on the wikia itself. Communities are in charge of their wikias, so they get to decide whether an admin should stay or go.

You can also talk to other Wikia community members about the problem on our Wikia Community forums: http://community.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Forum or on our community chatroom found at http://community.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Chat . Other members may have ideas on how to handle your particular situation, and that wikia can also serve as a neutral discussion place to talk with people from your own wikia if needed.
    Really, at this point, how important is the wiki to us? No one wants to have to redo hours and months of work or have it wasted, or have it inaccesible. It is up to the community and contributors to deal with the situation. One person alone can not do it.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Thread Information