Thread: Kwellen Bezerkers

Default Kwellen Bezerkers

These are a particularly nasty mob. You simply can't do any significant damage to them. You get a combat spam full of dodge, miss, miss, dodge, miss...

Are they truly functioning as intended? It seems like their evasion is so astronomically high it borders impervious. That combined with 20kish hps makes them godlike.

I've got 1 of the Imperial Army quests that is asking for 3 fragments of battle orders, from the kwellen that partrol the Staging Grounds around the Spiritous Swamp...which would be be these kwellen as far as I can tell. I tried my hand with them a few times and the only damage that was done to them was that from my damage shield. Don't see how a person can complete this quest as they are.

If a dev could check the numbers for their evasion or at least confirm this is as they should be, that'd be great.

Thx
    A dark shadow in the night skies...

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Re: Kwellen Bezerkers

Does the quest ask for charred pieces of hide or tattered pieces of hide? (They're old, destroyed orders for battle among the aegis) I generally get those from Blighted Kwellens, rather than the Bezerkers....

They ARE nuts though. Maybe that's why they're called... berserk? ;P

Anyways, mobs shouldn't be harder than the boss they guard as well. Daknor is generally followed by 2 of them, and they pose more danger than him.

As Racktor said, go for Blighted Kwellens as they do drop the stuff you need for the quest while avoid the Berserkers at all cost.
    As you noticed, they are not killable unless you are in a decent group - not sure if they're indeed supposed to be god mode
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

I can confirm what is said here.

Berzeks are a quite useless kind of mob- its nearly impossible to kill them,
    and loot is not worth the effort.
    Daknor should be no prob if you have players with the right schools with you.
    Lvl 100 sorcerer is essential.

Daknor loot is very NICE
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

As has been mention, the kwellen zerkers are nuts, insane, crazy even... just like a zerker should be But yer, I doubt they even drop the hides, it's the Blighted Kwellens that you need to focus on.

But just to extend on what Lov mentioned about Dak, he is a cake walk. Just need one healer and one DPS-er. Anymore than that and it gets much harder. Basically, he has an un-dispellable area stun, lasts 60 secs, recycle 60 secs (or there abouts). It will break when you take damage though, so basically, the only persons in group who are useful, are those outside the stun radius, or anyone (read, one person only) who gets attacked by Dak. I don't think Sorc's would make any difference, unless their Clarity ability can actually dispell his stun, which I'm pretty sure it can't. I'm pretty sure he is also stun-immune, but his attacks are pretty weak compared to say SoG. The only loot of his that would be nice, I assume, would be the quest reward.

A bit of a look from the devs at the kwellen zerkers wouldn't go a stray though.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Glad to know I'm not the only 1 that thinks they a bit nuts. As for the quest...its the "Imperial Army: Locate Additional Battle Orders"
    loot Fragment of the Battle Order (1 of 3), (2 of 3), (3 of 3)

Just wanna confirm with u guys this is the quest you speak of?

I did knock down a couple Blighted Kwellen and picked up a hide or 2, but nothing triggered the counters for the quest. I will certainly give em another shot tho...entirely possible i just didnt get the right 1.

Yup, that's the one R'aven. There quite a few different hides, but there are only three specific ones which count for the quest. If you see me on, which I will be shortly so you may be as well, I'll come lend a hand.

Thank you Hallucin8 =)

Daknor:
    1 Singed Scrap of Hide
    2 Charred Portion of Hide
    3 Scorched Portion of Hide
    4 Burned Shred of Hide

happy hunting
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    Daknor:
    1 Singed Scrap of Hide
    2 Charred Portion of Hide
    3 Scorched Portion of Hide
    4 Burned Shred of Hide

happy hunting
    Cheers Luv
    R`aven and I hunted the blighted kwellens and retrieved the required hides. Was fun, R`aven, anytime. And I'll get you that Demon Claw shortly

Thread Information