Thread: Mastercard gift cards

Default Mastercard gift cards

Hey do Mastercard gift cards not work for Istaria? I have only ever used Visa but someone gave me a mastercard one so I tried it and doesn't work. It worked for both EQ2 and a Pokerstars deposit and still has available balance.

Default Re: Mastercard gift cards

Irrelevant now. Went and bought a VISA gift card. Well actually would be nice to know if Mastercards don't work?

I have always used mastercard and never have a problem with it. Sorry you did from the looks of it. *hugs*

On the back of your card should be a web site so you can register and set your address. Once you've done that, any pre-paid card should work. If you have not registered the card with an address, it may not work.

Internet billing systems can be setup a few ways
    1) Allow everything: They trust everyone and you can use any card, make up fake house addresses and zip codes and the processing gateway will accept it as long as their are funds on it.

2) Verify the house number you enter matches what the credit card company has on file and zip code matches

3) and/or verify the 3 digit number on back.

Most prefer to use a combination of 2 and 3. If you don't go to the website on the gift card, and click the Register link, they wont know your house number/zip code.

So a credit card company can send back several responses. Yes there are funds, No the house number doesn't match, no the zip code doesn't match, no the 3 digit doesn't match.

So if you don't go online and register the card, it could fail the house number/zip code check. Well at least in the US, not sure about other countries.

i tryed to use one once had to register a postal coad to it before it would work...i likewise always used visa...and never had that before soi called the servic number and they told me had to registar the card
    Chrystalas Wolfbane (Saris of the Scions)..Just a normal lil kitty cat ...well maby a bit crazy..just a bit..

Thanks Ill use Visa again from now on. Just dumped the MC on pokerstars might as well have just cut it up.

Thread Information