Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sandy

Default Sandy

My thoughts and prayers are with you my friends and fellow players,
    with your families and all who are in danger.

Stay safe and may nothing harm you.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Default Re: Sandy

I second that. Be careful and stay safe and well, everyone.

Thank you. Gonna log in the game for as long as I can. We will be getting the nor`easter. We bought batteries and are waiting for the storm to hit us, sometime tomorrow. This super storm will be a nightmare for days to come. Good luck to all those that are in the patch of this system.

Our family here is right in the path of this thing.

Trying to be prepared, but as it's hard to know what to be prepared for, we just have to sit and wait. Right now the "sun" has basically just come up and though it's a bit rainy and windy, not much happening. But later today, heaven only knows what's coming.

Stay safe everyone, and see you on the other side!

Good luck Velea. Didnt realize you were in the path as well. The system played games with us, yes, no , yes no, until if finally settled on yes. My prayers are with you and your family as well.

Im no weather man i only have my minor in Meteorology cause i love the weather but as far as i can tell the Initial Hurricane wont be that bad It what its going to meet up with that will make this thing have more lives than a black cat . Haven't checked it this morning but my Projections place the eye wall 50 to 75 miles from New-York the massive size of sandy is puzzling me that and its Record low pressure Highly uncommon for a cat 1

the other thing is Hurricane Hunters when up there and at flight level clocked the winds well over 100 mph

What will how ever make things worse is the way we constructed the city's so high and tightly packed together will make the "Wind Tunnel effect "

+the shape of the bays are going to Invite flooding to the point Trump might be stuck in his own motel

so brace your self guys i expect we are going to be dealing with another Hodennie type storm

Katrena was in the same classification but for different reasons If you follow the full track of the storm it died 3 times fell in to just a low twice Just before spinning up the cost of FL then Exploded to the cat 5 system that we all know thank god we are not dealing with that kind of storm

For terrifying sake lets change Katrina's path and make it hit NY and the eastern see board If that thing even glanced NY Record ground wind speeds would be shattered and new records would be set possibly in the 500 mph range due to the wind tunnel effect all the glass on the highrises would be gone the storm surge would flood park ave

the mathematical formula you should use if you are in newyork
    ground wind speed X 2.5 ish Your looking at wind speeds = to a a car racing at Daytona
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

It depends which server board I think is which.

Thanks for the thoughts, you all. I'm in northeastern Massachusetts, so I'm going to get the outskirts of the storm, but we're still expected to have high gusts and heavy rain.

Already had quite a few power cuts from friends on istaria today, and it sounds like a horrible storm OnO
    All my prayers and hope are to all who will be affected by the storm, stay safe everyone!

Having not yet heard from Velea or Peaches here on the forums, I would guess they are without power. Some 7 million people without electricity. Yikes. Hope all is well.

oh, sorry, no, we are fine, didnt even lose power, just had lots of rain. Although the power flickered numersous amount of time. Velea and her family are fine as well. So sorry again for not coming in and posting!

We were so much concerned!!

Thy sis for info about you and Velea.
    So good to know you all are ok.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

likewise i hope everyone will be ok...i know even here in ontraio were getting hit pretty hard with the wind and rain where i am have had 50-55km/h winds causing havok i cant imagin how bad it must be there
    Chrystalas Wolfbane (Saris of the Scions)..Just a normal lil kitty cat ...well maby a bit crazy..just a bit..

It depends which server board I think is which.

Pretty fast winds and heavy rain here, but we only lost power for 20 seconds most. I took a short video from my porch just to give an effect of the rain. (I also took another thats a few minutes long of me walking around and talking about how its going, but I felt I talked too much and never put it up)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEpoy...1&feature=plcp

I'm an Aussie, but my dad moved over to NY city about a year or so ago. Got a message from him a few hours back saying he had to go all the way up to 42nd st to find power, but seems everything below that is without power. This was about 4 hours ago, so things may have changed. Fair to say the entire Downtown is probably without power, but he sounds relieved and given the all clear signal. With schools shut he won't be going to work, but his partner will try, assuming the bridges are open. May our prays be with you all, and just stay safe.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Sorry to contradict Peaches, but we are not out of the woods yet here.

I will post when I think we're all in the clear, but please don't "jinx" me and keep the prayers coming.

Down here in Southwestern PA, we got some mild winds, and a lot of rain (not a huge downpour but a steady all-day-long type) most of yesterday and last night. When I got up this morning, everything was calm and we had not lost our electricity at any point during all of that, which surprised the heck out of me.

I can't help but to feel for the unfortunate people living in NYC though... I've seen pics on the news and some of the things they said, like subway flooding, a few buildings collapsing, millions of dollars in damage done, etc etc.

The storm has passed here and other than some flickers of lights and momentary outages, we've come through just fine. So grateful to God for getting us through safely words can't express...

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, and I'd ask that you keep those in coastal areas up and down the eastern seaboard in them through the coming weeks and months. This is going to be a long, long clean up.

Fine here. Our block didn't even lose power but looking around, we are VERY lucky. There are so many patches of people that still don't have power. Boyfriend's mother came over with the stuff she put in her tiny fridge so she could cook it. Last night we had chicken, sausage and bacon for dinner XD

Been without boyfriend for three days now. They moved him to NY so he could cover the storm. I was happy to have a good night's sleep without the snoring but now it's getting lonely x.x

Also, there's no way to get to school and they're opening for classes today School, Y u no listen to Christie?!

I know what some of You are going through. Since I live near Houston, we got hammered by 75+ mph winds and heavy rain when IKE rolled through here in 2008, the worst part was when i woke up at 0 Dark 30 in the morning to the house creaking and groaning under the heavy winds.

Our area had no power for 3 days, but we had a generator that powered our fridge, coffee maker and window AC.

To those in the areas affected by Sandy, just relax and find something to do for a few days, and watch out for 9 months from now when the baby boom starts happening.

Not dead. Was worried about the trees, but they don't hit their 50th birthday without being stubborn jerks. After all, if the whole tree falls over in a storm, they won't be able to keep dropping random branches on us for years to come!

Good luck to the people who took more than a love tap from the storm.

Thread Information