Thread: Are folks still without game in some areas?

Default Are folks still without game in some areas?

Virtrium is actively monitoring the weather conditions with Hurricane Sandy and we are working with our service providers in the affected regions to ensure all proactive steps have been taken to avoid disruptions to your service. Our New York (LGA) point of presence (POP) has experienced power interruptions due to the weather conditions, and we are actively monitoring the incident. We appreciate your understanding.
    Is this an issue still? I have no idea what network my gaming goes through, but I've been unable to see anyone in Istaria since I got back from my trip. When I log in, it's brutally slow and there is no one else in the world. I do not think anything about my system changed, so I would like to know if there's a known issue before filing a ticket to get myself back to serving klava.

Default Re: Are folks still without game in some areas?

o_O

Do you see anyone in chat channels or in /who? What shard?
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

I play on Order, there was no one but me there in any of the chats I keep open, even on the times I waited long enough for all the structures on my plot in Harro to load and wandered around the town a little bit. The portal had no destinations on it and I did not even see the guard. Now my access to the forums is totally wiggy too, so I'm giving up for now.

To clarify: I could see guild info, looked like some guild members were online but I did not see any of them in chat. I could send to guild and see what I sent, but when I tried to send to send to marketplace chat (using my /mp alias), I did not see anything I sent actually make it to the chat.

Except for guild status showing some folks online, the world appeared empty to me. /who searching for anyone online took longer to load that my vault, so I gave up on it.
    Last edited by awdz; November 7th, 2012 at 02:34 AM.

Odd. The fact that you're able to log in to the shard means that you have connectivity to the servers.

I just logged into Order, and I see 15 visible players. Role-Play has 12 members, MarketPlace has 10.

Try using a self-targeting ability or spell, and see if its augmentation shows up in your augmentation window.

Also, are you sure you didn't log into Blight by accident? >.>
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Flame just told me, he had the same yesterday-
    though he could see his alt on his other comp-
    he reloogged and all were back again.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

there are a lot of ppl on the east coast that do not have internet/power and such. but the marketplace in game has been pretty full past few days. ranging from 2 - 25 or so. the norm i would venture to say

Still no joy, sounds like it's just me... support ticket, here I come!

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    Still no joy, sounds like it's just me... support ticket, here I come!
    Are you sure you haven't inadvertently enabled offline mode?
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Been wondering where you have been Awdz. Good luck getting back.

Finally got things working normally - many thanks to all for the suggestions!

Thread Information