Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Bugs: Winter 2012

Default Game Bugs: Winter 2012

With the release of our Fall Content Update, it is time to start a new thread for bug reports.

Please use this thread to document bugs you find in the game. Please keep posts to bugs, not comments on bugs. Feedback from the team will be noted in red within your post.

A few notes that will make tracking down and thus being able to fix bugs easier.
    • If the bug happened as part of a quest, please include the name of the quest and about how far into the quest it happened. What your quest journal says specifically is great, but if the quest is no longer active please let us know that too.
    • If the bug was with an NPC, please include the name of the NPC and a complete sentence of what was said, not just the problem part to make finding the error easier.
    • Screenshots aren't needed in most cases and take up a great deal of "screen space". If a bug is with an item, the name of the item and what is wrong is usually all that is needed for us to be able to track it down.
    • If you are playing on Blight and encounter a bug, especially if it is something that happened due to a recent update, please post on the thread for that set of patch notes, not on here. In general we assume that the bugs posted here are coming from either Chaos or Order players.
    • Likewise it helps save us time and be more efficient if you skim the current patch notes before posting a new bug to be sure that it hasn't already been fixed on Blight and is just pending an update to Chaos/Order.

Please note that previously reported bugs or bugs that are listed in their own threads below may be deleted. In addition, some bugs might be moved into their own threads so that discussion can continue.

Thank you.

Default Re: Game Bugs: Winter 2012

Dalimond vaultkeeper offers Knossos upgrade to vault IV (Knossos wearing a 100 craft school and a 100 adv school and has Vault X). Fearing potential vault downgrade quest not attempted.

Knossos

Your character somehow had not completed Vault IV, nor had he completed V and VI as quests, thus with the constraint change, it makes sense that he would have been offered the first one. I've marked them as complete now.

Not truly a bug, in other words.
    Last edited by Velea; November 14th, 2012 at 02:00 PM.

Quest Elvish Delight :

Finished all the parts in my quest log but Estelwen did not give me the formula for Elvish Delight at the end. Have confectioner 100 school active. Did receive adventure and craft experience.

I am not finding any quest named Elvish Delight in the database. There is a formula with that name, but if your character already has it, then they wouldn't have been given it again.

Gift of Alacrity V and Primal Alacrity V do not seem to be working. There used to be a line stating -25 delay in the description. That is now missing - relative to each tier - for all tiers of both spells. Gummy maggots seem to have the same issue.

Thaalia of Order
    Last edited by Velea; November 14th, 2012 at 02:09 PM.

Gathering rate (swing rate) is same with or without Gift of Alacrity in Gift slot.

Knossos

Velea,

Quest is called Ahala's Sweet Tooth II and says it grants the recipe for Elvish Delight. I finished Ahala's Sweet Tooth I on Thaalia months ago when the quest came in with the Bruttien Homestead in the yew forest.

Yesterday after the patch I did the quest Ahala's Sweet Tooth II with Thaalia. Today when I log in I have the recipe for Rare Dessert: Elvish Delight scribed in my formula book. I did not receive the formula in my inventory yesterday when I finished the quest.

My alt Thimblle (level 100 confectioner) has NOT gotten nor completed the quest Ahala's Sweet Tooth I. She does however, now have the formula for Elvish Delight scribed in her formula book as well.

So, the recipe for Elvish Delight seems to be somehow auto granted to confectioners whether they have done the quest or not.

Also, in the description of this formula it says "Consumes 1 Millie's Apple Pie".

Thaalia of Order

This formula was incorrectly being handed out by the quest "Rare Foods: Minty Goodness". So I would guess that if your characters had completed that quest, you got the formula then and scribed it. There is no way to "autoscribe" a formula.

The part about Milie's Apple Pie is a bug that Knossos reported via support ticket as well, so it will be fixed with the next update.
    Last edited by Velea; November 14th, 2012 at 07:29 PM.

Master Bar Brick Orb and Board No Longer Obtained from Cenotaphs now require Rank Tokens

This change brings more traffic to Burris the Scout at the Imperial Outpost for his Trophy Quests having reward of Rank Tokens. Burris is not well prepared for this new business:

He does not display a Quest Bubble related solely to his Trophy Hunter Quests. Thus the Hunter needs to speak to him anyway to “drill down” to the Trophy Quest list.

Burris has a number of links (and sublinks) depending on which option of link is chosen. So, pending any changes, the proper sequence of link selection to reach his Trophy List is:

First “Overrun” then “Undead” then “Trophies”

Note that all quest are T6, each takes 5 Trophies for Turnin and each Turnin is rewarded with 1 Rank Token.

Burris is near NPC Frig Tallogar who has for trade various Forms having prices for which one Rank Token is worth 4 units of Frig's price.

Hopefully a future patch will bring a Quest Bubble triggered by available Trophy Quests for level 100 Adventurers should no non-Trophy Quests be available. Perhaps a simpler link sequence can also be implemented in memory of the Cenotaphs being the source of primary Master Resource Forms.

Knossos

putting them into the quest bucket would be ideal, though the downside is that you lose the tracking of the number of times you completed them. For now, however, the dialogue tree has been modified to make it shorter.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; December 7th, 2012 at 09:28 AM.

I found an oddity while gathering frozen essence on ice island. The lake at 27709/32282 had no water in it, though the fish were swimming about as if it were there. The other lake and the ocean had plenty of water.

Also, as soon as I gathered 11 Frozen Essence, I got a tell from someone I had not been near (I assume it has to do with one of the three quests involving the Bruttien homestead, probably Ahala's Sweet Brew). <Spoiler in somewhat camoflauge text color>
    Allambe tells you, 'She is safe, that is good, though she mentions the undead near Attios' Stand. That is not good! I will have to speak with Faldrin myself about this. Now, she does mention that she sent you to obtain Elvish Delight. *he chuckles* Even as a little girl it was always her favorite sweet.'
    Note that the link did not work for me, presumably because I was nowhere near the person, I had not yet gathered the azulyte, and I did not know who or what he was talking about. I went on to gather the crystal but the quest did not let me progress before I did the required crafting.

Finally, when I finished Ahala's Sweet Tooth II, I had [Rare Dessert: Elvish Delight] automatically scribed for me, if I did not already have the formula. I did not check to see if I had it before completing the quest and did not get it in my inventory, but it is in my formula book now. :-)
    Last edited by awdz; November 15th, 2012 at 01:40 AM.

Question Re: Game Bugs: Winter 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Knossos View Post
    Dalimond vaultkeeper offers Knossos upgrade to vault IV (Knossos wearing a 100 craft school and a 100 adv school and has Vault X). Fearing potential vault downgrade quest not attempted.

Knossos

Your character somehow had not completed Vault IV, nor had he completed V and VI as quests, thus with the constraint change, it makes sense that he would have been offered the first one. I've marked them as complete now.

Not truly a bug, in other words.
    It seems that one of my toons has this same issue (Chaos: iuvenilis)... Being offered Vault IV... could it be at all possible, that those who did the Vault quest to get one free upgrade (Grant Smyth related, perhaps on old quest) have somehow been affected? I've heard others mention in MarketPlace of accidently handing it in and then purchasing them again.

Yep, it is quite probable that those who had a free upgrade (and thus did not have to do the normal quest series and skipped it) is the cause. There is, unfortunately, nothing that can be done to solve this except to skip/ignore other vault upgrades. As much more is fixed by removing the "what vault do you have" constraint than it broken, there are no plans to change it.

The best I can say is that we'll be happy to fix characters who "demoted" their vault by accident if they submit a support ticket, but won't fix those who have completed Vault X and are now being offered a lower tier quest, as you can simply ignore the quest.
    Last edited by Velea; November 15th, 2012 at 11:21 AM.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Malicore View Post
    which most likely also means, your physical attacks are also being changed, as it affects them as well
    i also checked my ranger skills, and -10 delay on rapid fire, and -15 delay on energize II is also gone. they ran off to join the ranks of the gummy maggots and alacrities. which means most likely my abilities in my mage classes are also affected by the -% in casting delay.

sorry folks, this will hamper my ability to help those that need the greator anchor quest

Please see latest post in the "November 2012 Content Update". We have sufficient information to investigate this matter.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; November 16th, 2012 at 12:22 PM.

Banner: Fall Harvest
    Does not show in the planning window - display window stays stuck on whatever previous item you have displayed. Does not give a footprint on the plot planner. When placing the banner it shows as a grey block for the flag on the front, nothing on the back, the staff is showing correctly except for the hexagonal design in the top, also showing as just grey. This is also the state of the banner when it is built completely.

Mural: Fall Harvest
    Does not show in the planning window - display window stays stuck on whatever previous item you have displayed. Shows as a grey block for the mural when placed in the lair. Did not build this one.

Lair Murals Keeper, Helian Keeper, Lunus Keeper as listed in the patch notes do not appear at all in the list for structures in the lair planning window.

Thaalia of Order

The Fall Banner and Mural I've asked our lead artist to look into. Everything looks right there.

The Keeper murals were indeed a mistake on my part. They will be a part of the next patch. I do apologize for missing them with this patch.
    Last edited by Velea; November 16th, 2012 at 01:19 PM.

The master fabric sack form has a couple issues.
    1. The steelsilk sack has no techs available for application.
    2. When I have the master form filter on in knowledge window the form does not show.
    Thanks Gro

got it. Thanks
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; November 18th, 2012 at 10:12 AM.
    Experienced hunter and Grandmaster craftsman. Blight only

The formula description and the potion description for Ahala's Sweet Brew do not list ranger? As 65 WPN and 100 RGR I am still able to use the potion, so I think it was just a typo to have it left off the lists.

I am unable to find anything wrong. It requires "adventure or crafting of at least 85". It doesn't have a school list.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; November 18th, 2012 at 10:19 AM.

School of Bluegill floating in air above edge of cliff at Sanctuary Bay coordinates 22700/23500.

Knossos

Corrected the description of the Flamestone of Drulkar. It will also now have a proper chance to fire when casting spells, instead of when using melee or ranged attacks.

I have not seen this crystal trigger in combat since the patch. Might need looking into, with spells, melee or otherwise.

got it. Ranged got unchecked by mistake so it would only affect spells with no range.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; November 18th, 2012 at 10:21 AM.
    A dark shadow in the night skies...

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    The formula description and the potion description for Ahala's Sweet Brew do not list ranger? As 65 WPN and 100 RGR I am still able to use the potion, so I think it was just a typo to have it left off the lists.

I am unable to find anything wrong. It requires "adventure or crafting of at least 85". It doesn't have a school list.
    Further down, it has "usable by" and gives a laundry list of classes that does not include ranger.

Also, I've got the stone for Alyssa's Displeasure and tried using it in battle, in my thornwood bow. It lists 5% chance, went off once and not again despite prolonged use. To check frequency, I used the Demon Flurry (15% chance, so expect 3x more often), and with the number of arrows fired it was activated against nearly every foe. I went back to the thornwood bow, and the stone still did not fire during extended hunting. Can you please check on its activation frequency for Alyssa's Displeasure?

Think I figured this out (and the Flamestone had the same issue). It was using a trigger that made the attack only work once.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; November 18th, 2012 at 09:57 PM.

Just want to remind everyone of the following rules for this thread:

Please use this thread to document bugs you find in the game. Please keep posts to bugs, not comments on bugs. Feedback from the team will be noted in red within your post.
    I have deleted numerous posts because they were comments on bugs, not bug reports.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Neither Drulkar's Flamestone or Primal Rage crystals are proc'ing. I did an hour of hunting today on Brachina Beetles in doom, with a good mixture and variety of spells and physical combat, and neither of those crystals proc'd even once in that time.

There is already a thread regarding the Flamestone.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; November 21st, 2012 at 08:08 PM.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Quote Originally Posted by Arzel Rashemi View Post
    Neither Drulkar's Flamestone or Primal Rage crystals are proc'ing. I did an hour of hunting today on Brachina Beetles in doom, with a good mixture and variety of spells and physical combat, and neither of those crystals proc'd even once in that time.

There is already a thread regarding the Flamestone.
    I know, but the primal rage crystal isn't proc'ing either.

I can't see any reason why it wouldn't be. It looks setup properly to me.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; November 23rd, 2012 at 01:04 PM.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Hmm, not sure how much of a bug this is, or if it even is a bug. But, Grit the Warrior, named pygmy in NT seems to have a very long patrol from the beach where the pygmys are to just past the blight and maggots. I've run into him several times lately, and was chased from the blight and maggots all the way back to NT. (Didin't recall due to very low health) Perhaps he could be looked into?
    Denaryr, ancient, 100/100/36/10Fireth, ancient, 100/100/19

Master Fabric Sack - additional info

I deleted the Expert Fabric Sack form and now the only sack available is the
    steelsilk, all the rest are missing, as well as the Master Fabric Sack form listing

Lower tier sacks are not on this formula.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; December 2nd, 2012 at 07:23 PM.

Thread Information