Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Game Bugs: Winter 2012

Default Re: Game Bugs: Winter 2012

enraged elm treants are dropping scions of elm instead of scions of massive elm

Got it. Thanks.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; February 18th, 2013 at 10:04 AM.

Dryad females wearing Gnomekindle outfits or the starry robes available from Dolly Day have a problem with the big skirts when they move. Apparently they have to pull the skirt to their side to prevent it from knocking their wings or something? Anyway, it looks rather strange.

Known issue with no ETA on a fix
    Last edited by Velea; May 1st, 2013 at 12:51 PM.

ELAR abilites

I haven't played in ages so I'm not sure if there's been changes or I've forgotten something.

ELAR's main abilities are Ice Arrows III, Flame Arrows III, Lightning Arrows III and Spirit Arrows III.

I could have sworn they used to overwrite each other but....

Ice - overwritten by Flame, Lightning and Spirit arrows.
    Flame - overwritten by Lightning and Spirit but not Ice.
    Lightning - overwritten by Spirit but not Ice or Flame.
    Spirit - not overwritten by any.

It's a bit awkward having to right click and remove the effects only some of the time. Can you please make each one overwrite the other three?

This is not a bug. There is another thread that discussed this.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; February 23rd, 2013 at 10:30 AM.

I cant finish the Quest "Go Fishing for Thanthor the Fisher" on Order. He donīt like my fish. Try it a few time with 50 - 250 Minnows.

I suspect what happened is that you gathered the fish before you had finished talking to Thanthor. After you greet him the first time and take the quest, you must speak to him again, and then get the step that tells you to go gather the fish.

My other problem is to get Quests in Dalimont from the Town Marshall. The only Quest i got with my Char Feyda_unit on Lvl 20 - 28 was the Picnic Quest and the Trophy Hunter Quest. Is this the only Quest from the Town Mashall or whats the Problem?

Town Marshall quests have been removed for T2 for the most part.
    Last edited by Velea; March 25th, 2013 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chani View Post
    I cant finish the Quest "Go Fishing for Thanthor the Fisher" on Order. He donīt like my fish. Try it a few time with 50 - 250 Minnows.
    I see no issues with the quest. It tracks the gathering of Fresh Minnow. Try getting the quest again.
    My other problem is to get Quests in Dalimont from the Town Marshall. The only Quest i got with my Char Feyda_unit on Lvl 20 - 28 was the Picnic Quest and the Trophy Hunter Quest. Is this the only Quest from the Town Mashall or whats the Problem?
    Correct, that is the only one currently offered by the Town Marshall. There is no need for the TM quests at T2 as there are more than 100 regular quests from NPCs across the region.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Minor typo. Quest "Dralnok's Doom (Chapter 1): Search the Barrows". Quest log and chat dialogue from npc, both say search Aug Battlefield near the community of 'Rikhi'. Should be 'Rihki'.

Got it, thank you.
    Last edited by Velea; March 25th, 2013 at 02:55 PM.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Chani View Post
    I accepted both of Thanthor's quests at the same time, and turned in the one for mob drops successfully. The "Go Fishing" quest now does not appear in the pending list or the complete list (I did not delete this quest) and Thanthor's dialog continues to be as if he still expecting the minnows - whether or not I have minnows in inventory - and he does not offer the quest again either.

Perhaps the problem occurs when taking both quests at once and then completing the droplet quest first.

Knossos

Quote Originally Posted by Knossos View Post
    I accepted both of Thanthor's quests at the same time, and turned in the one for mob drops successfully. The "Go Fishing" quest now does not appear in the pending list or the complete list (I did not delete this quest) and Thanthor's dialog continues to be as if he still expecting the minnows - whether or not I have minnows in inventory - and he does not offer the quest again either.

Perhaps the problem occurs when taking both quests at once and then completing the droplet quest first.

Knossos
    Opening quest window just now, I have only 1 quest open - "Go Fishing for Thanthor the Fisher. I cancelled the quest and was offered only this quest which i took. The quest dialog does not include a counter. Bringing 500 fish (from Crystal Lake as quest instructed) to Thanthor gave the "please hurry" dialog The quest seems to be broken. Hopefully I have not lost progress on the long list of other quests which are no longer in my quest log.

Knossos

I see nothing wrong with the way the quest is set up. What does your quest journal say at the step you are on?
    Last edited by Velea; March 25th, 2013 at 06:12 PM.

Quest journal: "Thanthor was injured by Greater Water Elementals and needs some assistance gathering minnows from the nearby Crystal Lakes"

I would have expected to see a pane below this with a counter - but there is none.

Knossos

Are you sure that you started the quest completely? You need to speak to Thanthor a second time after getting the quest until you see in your quest journal the "Gather" step. This is fixed internally and will be a part of the next patch, so if the quest doesn't work presently on live shards, I'd suggest you try it on Blight when it is there for testing and see if that fixes the issue.

second inquiry to Thanthor results in only his ... please hurry response. Will try on blight after patch

Knossos
    Last edited by Knossos; March 25th, 2013 at 06:47 PM.

The small island south-south-west of Drakul has vanished... position was 14885/28151. Now the fire that was on the island is on the ground of the ocean and a texture is on the waters surface, but cannot be landed on.

Thank you, we'll look into it.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; March 29th, 2013 at 12:18 AM.

Epic spells Volcano and Dark Cyclone are sharing the same timer so after casting Volcano, Dark Cyclone gets half the timer (5 minutes) cooldown.
    The bug comes after casting Dark Cyclone which puts Volcano on full timer cooldown (10 minutes) instead of half of it.

Got it, thanks.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; April 2nd, 2013 at 10:51 AM.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Not sure if its been covered but just noticed that Armorcraft V calls for Bhal'kuk Warriors Big Toe but the actual comp does not list it.

Instead the Nah'guk Warrior's Big Toe shows it as a tech it is good for.

Got it. Thanks.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; April 3rd, 2013 at 10:09 AM.

Not sure if it was covered/reported alredy but Yew Treants, at least the ones NW of Harro in the Yew forest, tend to get stuck (apparently) trying to heal the corpse of a dead fellow Yew Treant.

The scenario is as following:
    kill a Yew treant (normal or sapling), then notice all treants in a certain radius stopping their patrol and facing the corpse. Hit with a ranged attack one of the stuck treants and you will see them trying to face and respond to the attack, but the urge to heal the corpse of the dead buddy is too compulsive and they just stand there facing the dead Yew Treant. Eventually they will turn and attack the offender after the corpse despawn.

This will be a non-issue once Delta 237 (on Blight) reaches live as it removes the ability of Treants to use Branch Regrowth on other Treants.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; April 3rd, 2013 at 10:06 AM.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

we have 20 Hotkey bars now but the action "Execute Hotkey" only lists 10

Thanks, I've passed this along to the tech team.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; April 6th, 2013 at 10:13 PM.

Adventure Tech: Two Hand Crush III - Hovering the technique will show it needs 1 Desert Alpha Wolf Fang, but Item Creation window says it needs 1 Desert Wolf Fang

Got it. Thanks.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; April 7th, 2013 at 06:49 PM.

Don't think its a bug but noticed some "backwards" progression on crafting materials and tools/weapons. Theoretically the harder something is to craft (skill) the more exp it should give. However, I have noticed that both Mithril and Marble do not behave in this manner. For example:

at 1100 skill in Sculpting:

1 Marble Essence Syphon -@1000 skill = 6 bricks to make and 3 returned upon decon = 1025 exp therefor 341.6 exp per brick used
    1 Marble Clay Scoop - @1050 skill = 8 bricks to make and 4 returned upon decon = 1233 exp therefor 305.7 exp per brick used
    1 Marble Brew Stirrer - @1100 skill = 10 bricks to make and 5 returned upon decon = 1437 exp therefor 287.4 exp per brick used

The golden rule of crafted had always been to craft what you can just barely gain optimal on but at this rate...people are in fact nerfing themselves in the long run. A full load of bricks constructed and deconned of Syphons will make over 40k more exp. Is there some reason it's like this? Seems contradictory to the general idea of harder = better exp......

Incorrect hoard value on Level 16-20 trophies. This kind of is a part 2 to this post: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ue-progression (the 16-20 trophies wasn't addressed on that post)

Right now hoard values are:

11-15 (20 hoard)
    16-20 (40 hoard)
    21-25 (37 hoard)
    26-30 (46 hoard)
    31-35 (54 hoard)
    36-40 (66 hoard)
    etc

Seems the 16-20 trophies should be in between 20 and 37.

Got it.

Edit: Tossing this in here too. But Lvl 11-15 trophy hunter quest says "Gobag 5 Wild Gruok Tusks" but the actual trophies are called "Wild Grulet Tusks". Might be confusing to a new player.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; April 23rd, 2013 at 10:32 AM.

Sorry, couldn't edit again. But thinking the Forest Gruok Tusk might have the wrong hoard value. Its currently 37 hoard, but believe it should be 46 hoard. The trophy hunter set for this is in the 26-30 range, and those trophies all are 46 hoard. The Forest Gruok Youngling Tusks is 21-25 range and has the 37 hoard. But oddly I can't verify the Youngling Tusks because when I kill the Younglings, I get a regular Forest Gruok Tusk as a drop (dropping 26-30 trophies when I tested, didn't try long enough to see if would get a Youngling). Hmm

We'll look at hoard values for trophies across the board at some point rather than bits and pieces here and there.
    Last edited by Velea; May 1st, 2013 at 01:00 PM.

Run into an unexpected problem with quest "Metal Decorations on Every Gnomekindle Tree". (on lv19-20 hatchling alt, dinged while working on quests - Order shard) I had the quest completed and was making turnins with all the quests I had for the bronze shoulder golems, but unfortunately I didn't turnin the gnomekindle metal decoration first. I went to Sslanis and turned in my walking nodes quest to Ssoren, picked up quest Beachfront Beat Down and Metal Decorations was disabled. Dropping Beachfront Beat Down and relogging didn't revive Metal Decorations. I know Metal Decorations is very fussy that you can't have other gnomekindle quests open or it disables but this was completely unexpected. Just mentioning so hopefully next year things work better.

There's no reason that I can see why this would have happened with the quest. Note there is no such thing as a "Bronze Shoulder Golem".

And just as a note, it is also not true that you can not have other Gnomekindle quests active. You can't have any other quests active from Yukon, that is true. But you can have other quests active.
    Last edited by Velea; May 1st, 2013 at 12:59 PM.

I dunno if it's right here. But in the latest blight patch you cannot press escape to deselect whatever you had selected.

Would be better on the Client Update thread.
    Last edited by Velea; May 1st, 2013 at 12:51 PM.

Thread Information