Thread: Visible head scales

Default Visible head scales

If it has not already been suggested, I would like to see head scales on my dragon, dyeable to one's preference. <-Short suggestion.

Default Re: Visible head scales

Currently there are masks available from which ever seasonal event is being run, but to answer the question... No.

FAQ, stickied at the top of this forum page:

8. Can we make dragon armor visible like how the bipeds have visible armor?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Solitaire
    The UV maps on the dragon model will need an overhaul before we can start making visible items. To give you an idea, look at the neck on a dragon that has the "snake belly" scales. The lines of the scales are straight on the texture but they make a sharp V down the front of the neck because of the irregularities in the UV map. And that is one of the easy to fix issues. I'm going to have to create a grid texture and try to get some sanity into the UVs to make it easier to make the attaching textures. But since this will make visible changes to all dragons it has to be carefully done.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Re: Visible head scales

Edit: Well poo, hallucin8 beat me to it.

No offense deathwinged, but please refer to the FAQ before posting.
    FAQ - #8

It has been suggested many times, and denied many times. Dragons were never set up to have attachable models, and it would be very time and resource consuming to do so, from what I've inferred. It probably never will happen, if it is even possible.

You can still dye your armor-scales to your preference. I find it interesting to dye them to my character's colors. Aesthetics.

There's also a mod where you can activate a sunscope to look like you have armor on, but it doesn't change to what your character wears.

I might look into making a mod that adds textures that look like scales on your dragon when you equip said scale, but I'm not sure how to make it detect said equip.

Previous topics on the subject:
    visible dragon armor?
    Visible dragon armor
    Mount & Decorative Armor for Dragons?

Thread Information