Thread: flooring tile alphabet

Default flooring tile alphabet

I was just thinking that it would be kind of fun to have flooring tiles spell out something. I don't suppose we could get 26 alphabet floor tiles? It'd be much easier than trying to place tiny trees to spell something out.

Sort of as a follow up to my first attempt at trying that, is there a way we can select multiple things from the list on the plot planning screen that we would like to delete, so that we can dump them all at once instead of one-by-one? It was entertaining but not very efficient for me to learn that such items are "not a real character; it's a fake local character, so you can't attack it" when I tried to tab within the window instead of mouse clicking.

Default Re: flooring tile alphabet

Sorry but this is too open to people causing trouble with spelling out words that are not appropriate. I don't know of any game that makes it easy for people to spell out words, actually, for that very reason.

As for being able to delete multiple items at once, my first thought is that's a bad idea. I can see people too easily making mistakes and deleting something that they didn't intend to delete. I can ask, but doubt it will go through.

Not sure what you mean by a "fake local character".

Too funny for words....

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

*sighs* There had to be a reason.

Thank you for the prompt explanation!

As a compromise: would it be possible to get more sign posts (like the "gone fishing" one) with a number of prefixed texts?
    For instance: "Public Silo", "Free to use", "Builders wanted", "Welcome" etc.
    With a (very) small footprint so that they can be easily built in cramped spaces

Velea:
    Sorry but this is too open to people causing trouble with spelling out words that are not appropriate.

With prefixed signs this would not be a problem

Just an idea that I think may not be too troublesome or hard to bring in game.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ramaj View Post
    As a compromise: would it be possible to get more sign posts (like the "gone fishing" one) with a number of prefixed texts?
    For instance: "Public Silo", "Free to use", "Builders wanted", "Welcome" etc.
    With a (very) small footprint so that they can be easily built in cramped spaces

Velea:
    With prefixed signs this would not be a problem

Just an idea that I think may not be too troublesome or hard to bring in game.....
    Or something that uses existing character info, like a sign or banner with our guild name on it...?
    What would be really awesome is a choice of archway sizes (for varying text lengths) with guild and/or character names on it.

Or what about just putting the letter tiles in, rely on the "maturity" of the players and act promptly and strictly after a complaint when the written word is offending.

I haven't visited most of the plots so I wouldn't even notice if a "naughty" word pops up and I think that's the same for most of the people.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

I understand what Velea is saying (weird right?) No dragon wants to be out sight seeing and look down to see some four letter word. If an established guild had the ability to do exactly what Awdz is detailing could be a nice addition to the crafting. A banner, a top to a gate, or even a floor panel with the guild name on it.

We currently allow for player submitted art work (murals). A guild should be allowed to place a guild oriented banner/marker/mural or something.

Mim's 2 copper worth.

Thread Information