Thread: Text Commands

It depends which server board I think is which.

Question Text Commands

When I was making a list of hotkeys and their functions, I noticed that a bunch don't seem to work properly or work at all, or even seem to have a function. It'd be nice to know whether they're broken, outdated, or just not meant for player use.

I put this in the bugs forum because I feel that the addition of non-working text commands that appear in the /help menu is a sort of bug.

Here's a list of commands that don't work:
    /camReset
    /crowdTest
    /drop
    /equipSpell
    /fps
    /get
    /guildInfo
    /petition
    /popupWindow
    /printLoadedTextures
    /printPrefs
    /rep (Note: All this does currently is post "rep" into the main chat.)
    /showAllTooltips
    /spell
    /wait

I will also mention that the command /toggleUI might scare the living crap out of any new players that type that in, with the fact that it turns off the interface and there is no way to get it back on without using a hotkey or keyboard binding.

Any explaination to those mentioned?

Oh! And also there's a series of commands about chats, and one of them is "/chatjoin <name> [password]". Is it possible to have a password protected chat?

Default Re: Text Commands

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    Oh! And also there's a series of commands about chats, and one of them is "/chatjoin <name> [password]". Is it possible to have a password protected chat?
    I do believe that is working but the channel doesn't show up in the channel list and has to be joined via a command with the password.
    Glindor Occulus - Ancient Dragon - 100/80/25 - (Chaos)
    FaffyMuncher - Half-Giant - 86 ELAR 30 RNGR 20 KNOC 30 OUT 25 BLK 15 MAS - (Chaos)

Cave draconis.

/crowdTest
    /equipSpell
    /fps
    /wait
    /crowdtest - this one needs to be enabled by adding the code block to the def files

/equipSpell - pretty sure this is for macros only, but never tried it. On drop down list of macro commands.

/fps - this one does work, it turns fps calculation on and off with /window lagwindow and /window fps

/wait - this one works within macro commands (on drop down list of macro commands)
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by GlindorOcculus View Post
    I do believe that is working but the channel doesn't show up in the channel list and has to be joined via a command with the password.
    It didn't seem to show up in my chat bar either when I tried the command..

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing View Post
    /crowdtest - this one needs to be enabled by adding the code block to the def files
    What code block, may I ask? Also, what does it actually.. do? Anyways, something that does require "modding" still shouldn't really be advertised within the unmodded game files. Deceiving, but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing
    /equipSpell - pretty sure this is for macros only, but never tried it. On drop down list of macro commands.
    Doesn't really work as a /command. On the macro window, I only see "equip item" and "cast spell"... not sure what equipping a spell actually does. :P

/fps - this one does work, it turns fps calculation on and off with /window lagwindow and /window fps
    Oh, that was so subtle I never noticed it. Thank you

/wait - this one works within macro commands (on drop down list of macro commands)
    I've noticed; I use it in some of my macros. It just doesn't work as a / command. I type /wait 10 and then go to cast a spell, and I start casting/cast the spell as if nothing ever happened.

I will also mention that the command /toggleUI might scare the living crap out of any new players that type that in, with the fact that it turns off the interface and there is no way to get it back on without using a hotkey or keyboard binding.

Any explaination to those mentioned?
    Press "H" and you have a chat window back, to be able to type /toggleui again. and get your screen back

That's true, but a new player might not know that H will open a new window even with their UI off. It scared me to death when I was new, and I relogged to fix it. Still a good thing to know.

the /camreset i believe is now bound by default to numpad 5 key

I put the toggleui onto my F11-key. It's nicer to make a screenshot without the menus and such and so I can quickly do that

Thread Information