Thread: Some topographical feedback to the DEVS

Default Some topographical feedback to the DEVS

...as an old dragon og the game, I've on numourus occations stated that I miss the old world, the world before all the new(er) plots were put in, and there were fewer pads / stargates.

There were som great spots: The wilderness by the twisted tower, that great little grove with the werewolves, on the road between Augh and Harro, the path leading south from Mahagra, and the blizzards on nthe road east towards the abandoned homestead. Just to mention a few.

A lot of these locations were lost when the lands were...domesticated.

But I've been flying around quite a bit lately, and seen some nice changes again, for the better: Less flat landscapes, denser forests, nice little locations like the homestead by the yew forest.

Lesser Aradoth was changed first, I read that the Tazoon desert is next (boy I miss those mummy runs from my hatchie days), and I'm looking forward to seing what's planned.

Hopefully, somthing can be done to bring Chiconis back to life - back in the day it was a great spot for all t2 crafting.

Anyway: I like the way things are shaping up (literary)

(Still think Dalimond was more interesting before, though)

Default Re: Some topographical feedback to the DEVS

Thank you, we're glad you like the changes so far.

The Dalimond Peninsula (which includes Chiconis) was already revamped. So far its been Lesser Aradoth (T1), Dalimond Peninsula (T2), and then portions of lands on Trandalar, Aughundell, etc.

No one spot, in my opinion, should be the best for everything. It should have some good and some not so good to encourage players to move around, explore, use the world, cooperate, and so forth.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Yeah - exploration; there's a lot of great looking places, specially when you have to stick to the ground (world becomes a bit smaller when you can fly)

So don't make too many stargates - sometimes the journey is half the fun

There is something in the original game that I found was more right than today: the craft machines locations.
    Like in real life, I could go to a spot and know that a stone cutter or smelter would be more or less in a logical place, that is next or close to next to the minerals.

After some landscape modifications (I don't recall who did them or when), this principle dropped. I.e. if I go to Slate Crest, I'd expect the stone cutter (at the south) to be somewhat where slate is, I'd expect the nearby saw station close-ish to the trees and the fabric lab to be close-ish to the herbs. But no, the saw station is down and far from the slate (others in Istaria are even farter from their minerals), the fabric and saw stations are sort of opposite to where they should.
    Now, with the dragon I don't "feel" these distances a lot, but the biped has to roam around hills and obstacles and it becomes quite tedious. If I could somehow deconstruct those machines and rebuild them where they would best be located, I'd gladly put my time into it.

A final note: is there a reason why the Bristugo teleports to guilds have writings in the form: "Guild: Name" but Clearport has: "Guild: Clearport pad"?
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

The stoneworking shelter isn't in the middle of the slate, but it is right adjacent to the southern end of the slate spawn. The slate that is closer to Slate Crest doesn't need a machine because a player can purchase a plot and build one.

The logging camp (south of Slate Crest) is right next to one of the few unguarded Elm spawns.

You are correct about the Kenaf spawns and the Cloth Workshop. I will fix that as well as the pad name.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; January 3rd, 2013 at 10:51 AM.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    The logging camp (south of Slate Crest) is right next to one of the few unguarded Elm spawns.
    I actually head north from South March and use that in preference to Elmnic now. :-) It helps that South March is a direct port to my new hometown of Harro.

The area north of South March has some really nice resources that seem to be underutilized at the moment. Roaming the hills is interesting. :-)

Thank you, Amon. I don't think I have described the slate shelter point of view well enough: the place is just so less convenient than doing the same thing in Mahagra. No mobs there, slate crops are at least as many, teleport is close, vault is close (player made).

Also, while I am talking about Mahagra, I noticed how those selfless players who build T6 "refineries" next to trafficked resources spawns not only don't "earn" anything (i.e. a commission for refining in there) but they are also forced into accepting the fact that these plots are smaller than others. So they build for everyone, open their plot to everyone and of course pay an Holder sub like everybody with a plot. Wouldn't it be sensible to reward those guys by expanding their plots a bit? Mahagra closest to slate plots are 55 x 55 (not utterly small but not so enticing either), Bristugo (Chaos) "public" consigner plot and other "public service" (recall spot, vault etc.) are postcard sized.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh View Post
    Thank you, Amon. I don't think I have described the slate shelter point of view well enough: the place is just so less convenient than doing the same thing in Mahagra. No mobs there, slate crops are at least as many, teleport is close, vault is close (player made).
    Perhaps, but Slate Crest has far more nodes and has rich and motherlode as well.

Also, while I am talking about Mahagra, I noticed how those selfless players who build T6 "refineries" next to trafficked resources spawns not only don't "earn" anything (i.e. a commission for refining in there) but they are also forced into accepting the fact that these plots are smaller than others. So they build for everyone, open their plot to everyone and of course pay an Holder sub like everybody with a plot. Wouldn't it be sensible to reward those guys by expanding their plots a bit? Mahagra closest to slate plots are 55 x 55 (not utterly small but not so enticing either), Bristugo (Chaos) "public" consigner plot and other "public service" (recall spot, vault etc.) are postcard sized.
    There's no room to expand them. And 55x55 is a decent-sized plot.

Thread Information