Thread: The Zealot sword?

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default The Zealot sword?

I can't remember when or how I obtained it, but I have a screenshot from forever ago (1-2 years) of my char Dorokane in posession of a sword called "The Zealot". Its stats are:
    80-140 damage
    +100 health
    +15 life
    5% chance of 1-450 extra life damage
    Adventure level minimum of 90
    Usable by Paladin

In the caht it says "You have looted 1 The Zealot." and I have an Abomination of Grief selected.

I was wondering if this is still obtainable or if it was removed from the loot tables? I haven't seen it since, and I believe the one I had I traded to my friend.

Here's the screenshot I was talking about: http://i50.tinypic.com/331f877.jpg

Thanks!
    -Racktor

Default Re: The Zealot sword?

as far as I know it's a rare drop from tier 6 monsters, so yes, it's still obtainable unless it's been removed in one of the newer deltas (I haven't been keeping up that much)

Along with the Rancor and the Mace of whatever, I haven't seen either drop in years. I would very much like to know if they do still indeed actually drop, or were the ninja-removed?
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

I have since been informed that these may be uber rare drops from named t6 mobs... Unfortunately I cannot personally confirm, but it gives me something to do

Assuming they're still in the loot tables, is it tier 6 mobs or t6 named?
    If the later, then you can forget about it.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Why forget about drops from T6 nameds? I've organized quite a few groups to rip Soggy and Reklar to shreds as of late. :P

Anyways, I have an Abomination selected in my screenshot, so I have to guess that I got it from an Abomination. I don't think that area has any named mobs roaming around it either, unless you count Lem since he was there at the time.

Because t6 named are rare themselves, an they have a really wide drop table.
    SoG, since you mentioned it, on the other side, has a more stable loot table. 7 out of 8 hunts he will drop one of his weapons.
    Even so, Demonogii is sooo rare.

Let's take another example. Exceptional Shining Movement crystals. They are really really rare - they are only a few on Order - and they still drop from regular t5 mobs. Now imagine how rare they would be if they were dropping only from named mobs.

Now, i doubt those weaps are still in the loot tables. I've hunted t6 mobs extensively and never seen one of those weapons. And of course I'm not the only one - and no one got any of those weapons in the last year for example.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Quote Originally Posted by Northwind View Post
    Assuming they're still in the loot tables, is it tier 6 mobs or t6 named?
    If the later, then you can forget about it.
    it is just T6 mobs, however:

Quote Originally Posted by Northwind View Post
    Now, i doubt those weaps are still in the loot tables. I've hunted t6 mobs extensively and never seen one of those weapons. And of course I'm not the only one - and no one got any of those weapons in the last year for example.
    earlier today I remembered they flipped over the loot tables, so who knows, they might have taken them off at that time, methinks a dev reply would be highly appreciated.

As far as i know, they do still drop, but just -extremely- (like getting 20 exceptional shining movement crystals) rare
    *remembers someone asking the whereabouts of the boss diamond gollie in chaos a day or so ago; to get a chance of getting the mace of divine intervention*

I agree with meepsa though - dev input would be nice~

The item named The Zealot does not appear to be on any loot tables that I can find. If that is not the item you are referring to, I do apologize, but that is the only thing I can find in the database with the name Zealot in it.

That's the one they are talking about. It used to drop from named such as Gruk the Frigid, Fafnir, Surthieum, etc. Back when they did drop, they dropped alot (like 1 in 4 kills, it was way too often).

It's not really all that good of a sword. Maybe if the 5% effect was for 450 damage, not 1 to 450 extra. Pretty much any other epic sword is way better, and regular crafted with crystals is better too: more health from radiant crystal, just as much added damage (if not more) from any typical radiant weapon damage adder crystal, and instead of +15 life could have resist crystal, 2hs tech, etc, or even Life V tech.

Thanks for the reply, Velea. ^^ It's good to know what happened to it, even though it's of no use to me. Any clue why it was removed, though? Even if it wasn't very good of a sword as Guaran says, it'd still be interesting to have drop for those who can't craft their items/get their items crafted yet.

Someone mentioned recently they got one form a Death Dealer, but I did not get a chance to confirm when it was looted. Just something to think about... or if Velea reads this, perhaps check their tables for something please?

Thread Information