Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do We Need Red Walls In Order?

EyeJon Toothas

Default Re: Do We Need Red Walls In Order?

Magfuddle,

Many thanks for your thoughts. My thoughs were along the same lines - a tavern, gambling den, and dwarven hut (for my good buddy EyeTooth Muggsmasher). It is a big plot!

Namahs Eoreh
    Eye of Istaria
    Realm of Order (Formerly of Spirit)

my stupid plot in Defenders Gate is bugged so that even I have a red barrier upon entering.. I just want to let everyone know this now .. so they do not think im tryin to set up the barier on purpose.. there is an issue with the 2 front plots and AE is aware of it now..

Thanks
    Frons Von Frik - Order

Skipachu

Privacy for what?

Take it to a chat channel or tells if you don't want anyone else to hear.

OOC: I can see many good reasons why some may wish to use the red walls on their plots for privacy. Even more so than just building actual walls. In game terms consider them wards or something. I do agree though that in this time of reconstruction it would be for the best of the community for people to not use them.

That being said, I do think that we should all remember that these are peoples personal plots, and as such if they do choose to either build walls or using the "red walls" to restrict passage, they do have the right to do so. I for one though do not intend to use this feature, although my plot will have walls about it (to keep out the Withered Aegis), but I intend to make gaps enough in it to accomodate those that wish to pass through (and hopefully walkways too).
    Gilresk Tesskril, Cleric and Armorer of Crai Aisling of Order
    Owner of the Mahagra Bed & Breakfast for Wayward Elves - Newly renovated in the Glaciers

Zideon Locke

I have now dressed up my cube walls to look like red walls. I have officially banned everyone from my Super-Cube. [6]

Well not really, I cant back that up.

Rilramar

Quote Originally Posted by Zideon Locke
    I have now dressed up my cube walls to look like red walls. I have officially banned everyone from my Super-Cube. [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-14.gif[/img]

Well not really, I cant back that up.
    :: pictures the red plastic wrap danging from the ceiling tiles...hopes Zideon didn't seal it 'glad wrap tight':: Dragons to pod 4 . . .we need to melt this guy out!!!

eudoxia

-- Red walls --AARRGGGGG -- -- blahhh the ---- Red walls----[:#]

Ahkaskar

My plot will have regular walls only. Thank goodness it's out of the way, though.

If I may add my own (late) observations on the subject, I'd like to note that these dratted red barriers apparently extend from the ground level up to infinity.

This is VERY annoying. I'm not going to peek intosecond-floor bedroom windows or drop a 500-lb gravity bomb onsomeone's house, so I would very much appreciate it if either 1) the devs top the box out at, say 100 ft AGL, or 2) the bloody things go away altogether. Frankly, I am becomingquite tired of getting my snout bent for the cardinal sin of flying over someone's little patch of dirt.
    [:@]
    Regards;
    --------->Hasai

"I feel like a fugitive from the Law of Averages."

Not infinity. There's a roof. Sometimes I land on the roof. Hehe, last time I did that I sat there awhile then fell through. So much for the red walls protecting them.

Siareph

There are ways to get through any red wall. [H]

Red walls are Satan's gift to the masses [6]

Okay, maybe not that bad [^o)] but bad enough [8o|]

Thread Information