Thread: Kion teleport pad/shrine area crashing

Default Kion teleport pad/shrine area crashing

The past few days something has changed at the Kion teleport pad/shrine area. I'd been through the area hundreds of times before, but it began glitching and crashing when I got near - eventually my video card died so I thought that had been the cause. I replaced the card - same issue. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game - same issue. I tried playing on my mac - only a very minor issue. Has anyone else had this problem, or was something recently changed in that area?

I think my vid card on my PC is a Geforce GTX 280, it has the most recent drivers. The system is a quad-core 2.5ghz AMD something or other running Win 7 Pro, also completely updated. Not sure what's in my Mac but it's an Intel processor Macbook pro, top of the line and only 18mo old. I have no trouble playing other games, or anywhere else in Istaria (at least, not that I've noticed yet).

Default Re: Kion teleport pad/shrine area crashing

only one area in istaria that ever glitches for me - and its not kion.
    I have one of my characters who almost never leaves kion (only use her to trade items between my characters) and she hasn't had any problems - nothing out of the ordinary anyway, and kion portal pad usually loads a bit slower than any other pad for me - again, nothing out of the ordinary.

Kion is a prob for me too- and 2 other friends of mine.
    Its been for a long time now.
    Both friends are experienced players and helped me out whenever I had probs with the game.
    But even they have no idea what causes the probs.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

When going into Kion does you interface disappear/glitch before it crashes? I had this problem as well, i have done reinstall but the problem stayed. After testing some thing out i found out that disabling Cloth Simulation the problem isn't there. When i enable it again the problem happens again. Hope this helps you.

The whole screen glitches; pieces of the terrain go nuts and stretch or get completely frozen. It goes nuts and then crashes, not always to the desktop, sometimes it just freezes up and I have to reboot. I replaced the vid card and that made it better, but I still get some glitching. I disabled cloth simulation and that has reduced the glitching down to just some minor lag and an occasional hiccup! Thank you, that makes it bearable! I have a new vid card coming tomorrow - current generation - so hopefully that will fix the issue completely. Thanks again for the help!

Greetings - Does this occur on a particular shard or across all shards?
    Azulyte is a Dragon's best friend. Azulars on the other hand, are another matter entirely...

It is happening to me on Chaos. Since i am currently on the free human account i can't test it on the other two shards.

It was happening to me on Chaos as well. I will try Order in a few hours and post if it happens there as well.

I can rule out the possibility of a plot structure in the nearby player plots then if it is not on one particular shard.
    Azulyte is a Dragon's best friend. Azulars on the other hand, are another matter entirely...

Quote Originally Posted by Altya View Post
    The whole screen glitches; pieces of the terrain go nuts and stretch or get completely frozen. It goes nuts and then crashes, not always to the desktop, sometimes it just freezes up and I have to reboot. <snipped>
    Happens to me on Order shard as well. First it only happened in Feladan, lately also in Kion.

When I logged onto Order and went to Kion, it glitched a little but not nearly as bad as on Chaos. I did uninstall/reinstall the game though, so that may have been the biggest part of fixing it. That being said, however, it does still glitch a little on Chaos/Kion.

So far, the list of graphics glitchy spots is growing... and fast. for me it started with the sandstone field in Nuthala facing the plots, then Genevia`s sandstone fields near the stone cutters, then Aughendel`s road while running up the hill towards the gates, then Feledan, now Kion! I have to ask, what`s causing this, and CAN it be fixed? Will it get worse? more spots, and even complete game fatal crash? Something needs to be done before Istaria does become totaly unplayable D: my computer`s only 1 year old, and the graphics card`s working just fine so it`s NOT my computer! it`s the game. >
    But yes, turning off cloth simulation does seem to help a bit. but I myself still glitch out in listed sandstone fields. which is why I avoid them like a plague. :P

The developers have asked for anyone that can reproduce this issue and would like to help out, to please do the following tests. This will help us pinpoint where the issue is occurring.
    1. Log into support.istaria.com and open a new support ticket
    2. Log into Istaria and go to the area where the problem occurs
    3. Open Options, then click the Video tab
    4. Write in support ticket the value of your Graphics Detail and Texture Detail - do not adjust these values
    5. Make sure that Enable Object Fading and Cloth Simulation Enabled are disabled (not checked), then log out.
    6. Log back in and write in support ticket if problem occurred.
    7. Set to checked "Cloth Simulation Enabled" then log out
    8. Log back in and write in support ticket if problem occurred.
    9. Un-check "Cloth Simulation Enabled", check "Enable Object Fading", then log out
    10. Log back in and write in support ticket if problem occurred.
    11. Make sure that "Cloth Simulation Enabled", and "Enable Object Fading" are checked, then log out
    12. Log back in and write in support ticket if problem occurred.

Just in case it's not clear, below is the testing series:
    Cloth Simulation Enabled ----- Enable Object Fading
    unchecked --------------------- unchecked
    checked ------------------------ unchecked
    unchecked --------------------- checked
    checked ------------------------ checked

The best scenario is to report under what case the problem doesn't occur vs. when the problem occurs. If you have not submitted a hardware report, please do so. This is an important part of understanding the problem. Instructions for submitting a hardware report are below.
    https://support.istaria.com/index.ph...ode=view&id=13

Thank you very much for your help in trying to track down this issue.

Yfelvik
    - Istaria Customer Support

I get the same issue when I port to Aughundell. Istaria does not say "not responding" but the screen becomes glitched and unusable and I get an error message saying the Windows Kernel mode graphics driver (Nvidia 310.90) stopped responding but recovered. It doesn't recover though - the game eventually crashes. There is no way I can get to the option window to change the settings. I will try a different character and attempt to get the info from Kion to send to support.
    Last edited by Altya; January 24th, 2013 at 03:00 PM.

The client patched to Blight today has two important updates to deal with crashes / stability. If you play on Blight, we'd really appreciate your feedback. If you find any change (good or bad), it's important to let us know.
    http://community.istaria.com/news/?id=479

Yfelvik
    -Istaria Customer Support

I play on Order shard. The glitching and crashing started (for me) right after the client update last July(?) 2012. Before then i rarely crashed or froze.
    Around the same time as the client update I also updated the video driver and I was not sure if it was because of the client update or because of the driver update that the frequent glitching and crashing occured. I returned to the earlier version of the driver but that did not stop the glitching/crashing, so I assume(d) it must be something with the client update.
    I too have ( like Altya) a Nvidia card and also get the same error message about the "windows Kernel mode graphics driver stopped responding but recovered" but does not recover and crashes or freezes.

Yfelvik asked for a serie of tests, which I did not all do, but simply disabling Cloth Simulation (leaving Object Fading enabled) seems to have solved the problem for me! I have not crashed since while porting to Kion or Feladan, and have barely had any glitches at all.
    Hope this helps some in resolving the problem and if more information (about settings or hardware) is needed I will happy to comply.

Ramaj (Order)

Thread Information